wazua Wed, Sep 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages<1234>»
First timer-Cars
Toxicity
#21 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 2:31:18 PM

Meduza wrote:
digitek1 wrote:
treat your car as if it has a soul, give it a name and occasionally give a rub of polish as you whistle your favorite tune, take photos with it and never admire other cars in traffic and it will never let you down smile

yeah sure...am thinking of giving her a name...smile smile

What names do wazuans call their cars and why?
update president set president = speaker where president is null
Impunity
#22 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:49:52 PM

XSK wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
4 important points.
-battery oil
- radiator
-engine oil
- brake fluids
Be gentle with acceleration
Tire for your dear life
and finally safe driving if you aren't ready to meet your maker soonest

@Tokyo

What is that?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Impunity
#23 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:55:41 PM

Avoid feeding it with KES.200 worth of fuel.

nakujua
#24 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:39:07 PM

Impunity wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Meduza
#25 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:04:39 PM

Impunity wrote:

LOL...but then again depends inanfikisha wapi...Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
You cant win, unless you first begin....
Mukiri
#26 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:16:11 PM

Avoid on economizing on 0.0001cents fuel by putting the engine off downhill. That silly stunt might just kill you. In the morning, when you put it on let it run abit.. think of it as warm-up. And always have it washed regularly(not just the outside), blow-dry the engine.. Dust has a way crippling an engine.

Budget for your first accident. I'm yet to come across someone who's never had a scrape. God loves me if my first car, so many years ago, when I was hot blodded(read 180km/hr every opportunity) didn't kill me.

Proverbs 19:21
jaggernaut
#27 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:32:09 PM

Realize that many drivers are idiots who always flout traffic rules and thus always give way. I learnt it the hard way when I refused to give way to an idiot who was trying to overtaking me while there was an oncoming vehicle. I refused to slow down to give him space to get back to the correct lane (i wanted to teach the idiot a lesson) and he opted to hit my car kwa side to avoid a head-on collision with the oncoming vehicle. I nearly wept due to the damage to my car, though he did pay for the repairs. So always give way to those matatu and probox idiots, for the sake of your life and to avoid unnecessary police/insurance cases and hours at the garage. They call it defensive driving.
Impunity
#28 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 6:18:44 PM

jaggernaut wrote:
Realize that many drivers are idiots who always flout traffic rules and thus always give way. I learnt it the hard way when I refused to give way to an idiot who was trying to overtaking me while there was an oncoming vehicle. I refused to slow down to give him space to get back to the correct lane (i wanted to teach the idiot a lesson) and he opted to hit my car kwa side to avoid a head-on collision with the oncoming vehicle. I nearly wept due to the damage to my car, though he did pay for the repairs. So always give way to those matatu and probox idiots, for the sake of your life and to avoid unnecessary police/insurance cases and hours at the garage. They call it defensive driving.

Applause Applause Applause Applause

Prime
#29 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:40:03 PM

jaggernaut wrote:

Lol... jaggernaut. My older bro had a similar issue with a mat. He now actively looks for such errant mat drivers. land-rover Defender. With bul bars. hehehe.
Meduza
#30 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:45:52 PM

jaggernaut wrote:

smile smile
Euge
#31 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:47:46 PM

Preferable use a maintenance free battery. Costs a little more but also gives peace of mind.
Lord, thank you!
Meduza
#32 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:53:17 PM

Euge wrote:
Preferable use a maintenance free battery. Costs a little more but also gives peace of mind.

example/make
limanika
#33 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:57:48 PM

.Coolant – when replenishing, never fill the container. Only put up to the mark provided.
. Side mirror – From your seated position, ensure your view at both side mirrors includes the tip of your car at the back all the way to the edge of the road (both sides)
. Ensure your tyres have correct pressure (indicated on the tyre) and check every 1-2 weeks
. Ensure your tyres have good grip
. Ensure your brakes are perfect
. Ensure you keep safe distance between you and the car ahead
. Keep stealing glances at rear view mirror to have an idea what sort of driver is following you.
. Service your car every 5,000km or as the case maybe.
. Check your brake lights, parking lights, indicators and reverse lights regularly to ensure they are working
. Keep in one lane and avoid changing lanes too often – until you get used and you’ll know when
. pray
Meduza
#34 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:03:21 PM

limanika wrote:
.Coolant – when replenishing, never fill the container. Only put up to the mark provided.
. Side mirror – From your seated position, ensure your view at both side mirrors includes the tip of your car at the back all the way to the edge of the road (both sides)
. Ensure your tyres have correct pressure (indicated on the tyre) and check every 1-2 weeks
. Ensure your tyres have good grip
. Ensure your brakes are perfect
. Ensure you keep safe distance between you and the car ahead
. Keep stealing glances at rear view mirror to have an idea what sort of driver is following you.
. Service your car every 5,000km or as the case maybe.
. Check your brake lights, parking lights, indicators and reverse lights regularly to ensure they are working
. Keep in one lane and avoid changing lanes too often – until you get used and you’ll know when
. pray

THANKS...
pray????
kamundu
#35 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 9:10:01 PM

Mukiri wrote:
Avoid on economizing on 0.0001cents fuel by putting the engine off downhill. That silly stunt might just kill you. In the morning, when you put it on let it run abit.. think of it as warm-up. And always have it washed regularly(not just the outside), blow-dry the engine.. Dust has a way crippling an engine.

Budget for your first accident. I'm yet to come across someone who's never had a scrape. God loves me if my first car, so many years ago, when I was hot blodded(read 180km/hr every opportunity) didn't kill me.

You do not need to warm up petrol engines. They autmotacally rev higher in cold temps. Thats just wasting fuel
Peace in our Homeland.
kamundu
#36 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 9:13:13 PM

Euge wrote:

Ive had very bad experiences with maintenance free batteries. As they age, they loose power chap chap, so you are doomed if you listen to the radio while car is off in traffic. Just use zile za acid. They have longer shelf life and are more reliable.
Peace in our Homeland.
nakujua
#37 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 9:26:45 PM

kamundu wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

You do not need to warm up petrol engines. They autmotacally rev higher in cold temps. Thats just wasting fuel

if you plan to hit the highway speeding its better to warm up first, otherwise do not be too hard on the accelerator pedal until the engine gets sufficient oil.
Euge
#38 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 9:29:47 PM

Meduza wrote:
Euge wrote:

example/make

Chloride exide
Lord, thank you!
Euge
#39 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 9:32:43 PM

kamundu wrote:
Euge wrote:

Ive had very bad experiences with maintenance free batteries. As they age, they loose power chap chap, so you are doomed if you listen to the radio while car is off in traffic. Just use zile za acid. They have longer shelf life and are more reliable.

I have not had problems but would like to hear what others got to say.
Lord, thank you!
jamplu
#40 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 10:08:38 PM

Euge wrote:
kamundu wrote:
Euge wrote:

I have not had problems but would like to hear what others got to say.

Never had a problem too. Life is between 3-4 years. If you overload it 2 Years.