wazua Tue, Apr 30, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Drip Irrigation
popi
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2009 7:48:00 AM

Hello guys,

Any on out there who has details about drip irrigation? E.g. requirements,costs,volumes dispensed in unit time,where I can get the necessary equipment etc. By the what,would it be viable for irrigating a vegetable farm e.g. french beans farm?
cmk
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2009 10:30:00 AM

yeah..kakuzi used to do it successfully.bet they still do it.pay them a visit.they can give u all the info u require..
Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do-
Voltaire
hismak
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2009 4:03:00 PM

i use it is very good.go to kari for demo . i buy my fitting from agro-irrigation airport road .but you need clean water to run it,dam and river water require filtration otherwise it will clog the filters in few minutes
icecube
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2009 7:23:00 AM

Hi guys,
I am looking to do some irrigation using a borehole in syokimau. Does anyone know the modalities of sinking a borehole,the requirements,licences if any and restrictions?
tinker
#5 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2014 5:43:02 PM

icecube wrote:
Hi guys,
I am looking to do some irrigation using a borehole in syokimau. Does anyone know the modalities of sinking a borehole,the requirements,licences if any and restrictions?

When is drip system of irrigation going to be cheap? its more than 5 years since its introduction in Kenya and from my
research, the uptake has not been anything impressive. Kangundo Rd, Namanga Rd and Magadi road farmers cannot be counted in
as they are very fluid in nature and eventually they will erect residentials/rentals in their drip irrigated plots.

It would be more revolutionary to see good uptake of drip irrigation being in use in Nyeri, Nyamira, Bomet, Muranga, Kitale, Kinango etc as this are the areas where farming will still
be a thing even in 20 years to come.

Jameni why is this great technology not penetrating our rural areas? Is it because of high cost, lack of infor or what is your take on drip?
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
maka
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2014 12:16:38 PM

tinker wrote:
icecube wrote:
Hi guys,

When is drip system of irrigation going to be cheap? its more than 5 years since its introduction in Kenya and from my
research, the uptake has not been anything impressive. Kangundo Rd, Namanga Rd and Magadi road farmers cannot be counted in
as they are very fluid in nature and eventually they will erect residentials/rentals in their drip irrigated plots.

It would be more revolutionary to see good uptake of drip irrigation being in use in Nyeri, Nyamira, Bomet, Muranga, Kitale, Kinango etc as this are the areas where farming will still

Jameni why is this great technology not penetrating our rural areas? Is it because of high cost, lack of infor or what is your take on drip?

High cost,and partly lack of info we really need this technology as our weather patterns change....it's baaad for farmers.
possunt quia posse videntur
its2013
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2014 12:36:47 AM

maka wrote:
tinker wrote:
icecube wrote:
Hi guys,

High cost,and partly lack of info we really need this technology as our weather patterns change....it's baaad for farmers.

Very true. And the costs pertaining to sourcing water tend to be much higher than for the drip irrigation system moreso for small and medium scale farmers.
Pretty hurts
Stract_Consulting
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2014 6:03:55 AM

its2013 wrote:
maka wrote:
tinker wrote:
icecube wrote:
Hi guys,

Very true. And the costs pertaining to sourcing water tend to be much higher than for the drip irrigation system moresoi for small and medium scale farmers.

Heard of Inua maisha na drip? This is from Amiran Kenya. See this business daily article about it.
Amiran Kenya to Roll out Ksh 1.3 billion project to support farmers
Be ignorant and ask a few questions - Peter Drucker
its2013
#9 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2014 9:54:59 AM

Stract_Consulting wrote:
its2013 wrote:
maka wrote:
tinker wrote:
icecube wrote:
Hi guys,

Very true. And the costs pertaining to sourcing water tend to be much higher than for the drip irrigation system moresoi for small and medium scale farmers.

Heard of Inua maisha na drip? This is from Amiran Kenya. See this business daily article about it.
Amiran Kenya to Roll out Ksh 1.3 billion project to support farmers

Sounds like a good product though the information they are giving on it isn't well detailed anywhere - I've checked on their website, facebook page and online articles.
Pretty hurts