wazua Sun, May 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

He Needs Your Help
samsa
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 06, 2013 8:19:41 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Greetings.

This man has been out of employment for three years. He left employment to join a friend in business. This was where he went wrong. He gave all his savings to this friend of his and the friend left for China and Dubai to bring in the consignement. Since June 2011, this friend who was "more than a brother" has never been spotted even by his own relatives. Now, the rest is history. He is the only child to his deceased parents.

This man has applied for so many jobs but he has not been lucky to get one. Life is indeed very hard to him because his wife also is a housewife and they have kids.

He is a qualified accountant, good in administration and procurement, has worked as a HR assistant and credit controller before. He is very passionate with what he does and also a people person.

He is ready to start a fresh career even if the salary promises as low as Kshs 20,000 per month. He may have started small businesses but he has not earned any salary for three years. Right now he is ready to start even if it is a vegetable kiosk.

You may know someone who can offer him an employment. May be in supermarkets, petrol stations, schools or wherever you can. He only wants to get back on his feet and be able to atleast feed his family.

In life a man makes mistakes and this guy made one mistake which has turned his life upside down. Please, if you can, help this guy out. Inbox me your email address (ssamsam26@gmail.com) so he can forward his CV to you.

May God bless you all.
Mukiri
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 06, 2013 8:54:48 PM

No matter how dire the situation is, I'd dissuade 'this man' from seeking slavery. Infact only a sadist wanting to take advantage of his situation, would want a worker with such a weight on his shoulders.

This might sound harsh, but let him pray and think. Pray and think. The answer will come to him.

Proverbs 19:21
samsa
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 9:00:08 PM

Thank you friends for your responses through email. It is not surprising that a priest and a levite can leave a man to die but it takes the strength of a good samaritan's help for a dying man to recover.

I believe he will get somewhere and I will keep all of you posted.
samsa
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 9:05:47 PM

Mukiri wrote:
No matter how dire the situation is, I'd dissuade 'this man' from seeking slavery. Infact only a sadist wanting to take advantage of his situation, would want a worker with such a weight on his shoulders.

This might sound harsh, but let him pray and think. Pray and think. The answer will come to him.

Dont you think it could be ok for temporary solution instead of watching your children who are sick and you cant take them to hospital for lack of 500 shillings?
Elder
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 9:06:53 PM

samsa wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Greetings.

This man has been out of employment for three years. He left employment to join a friend in business. This was where he went wrong. He gave all his savings to this friend of his and the friend left for China and Dubai to bring in the consignement. Since June 2011, this friend who was "more than a brother" has never been spotted even by his own relatives. Now, the rest is history. He is the only child to his deceased parents.

This man has applied for so many jobs but he has not been lucky to get one. Life is indeed very hard to him because his wife also is a housewife and they have kids.

He is a qualified accountant, good in administration and procurement, has worked as a HR assistant and credit controller before. He is very passionate with what he does and also a people person.

He is ready to start a fresh career even if the salary promises as low as Kshs 20,000 per month. He may have started small businesses but he has not earned any salary for three years. Right now he is ready to start even if it is a vegetable kiosk.

You may know someone who can offer him an employment. May be in supermarkets, petrol stations, schools or wherever you can. He only wants to get back on his feet and be able to atleast feed his family.

In life a man makes mistakes and this guy made one mistake which has turned his life upside down. Please, if you can, help this guy out. Inbox me your email address (ssamsam26@gmail.com) so he can forward his CV to you.

May God bless you all.

Pole sana Accountant Samsa. You could start by offering small businesses freelance accounts and tax services.
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
marko
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 9:07:31 PM

samsa wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

Dont you think it could be ok for temporary solution instead of watching your children who are sick and you cant take them to hospital for lack of 500 shillings?

Ai Wewe Mukiri husaidii....
WHO DARES WINS
Mukiri
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 07, 2013 10:14:44 PM

marko wrote:
samsa wrote:
Mukiri wrote:

Ai Wewe Mukiri husaidii....

It took me time before I posted that comment. Believe you me, if I had something or knew of someone I'd be the first to help. God has ways of talking to us, the Bible is rife with cases of difficulties. Take Job for example... a rich man to nothing, morning his children.

Like I said, as harsh as it may sound... its like feeding a starving man GMO, it might cure his immediate hunger but t'will give him more future problems.

If I were him I'd pray and think really hard. What do I enjoy doing? He's been given a second chance... what would he have wanted to do. Start from scratch, volunteer work, beba beba, mkokoteni etc and from it learn how to transform himself from an employee to employer. For the sake of the same children he might be using to get pity.

Proverbs 19:21
samsa
#8 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 11:09:42 AM

@mukiri,

I get your point. I am sure he is trying what he can. I have been involved in his life since he lost his job and I know he is getting it really tough. I know you mean well. Your concerns are alright but he needs someone to lift him for now. He will sort out the rest later and this thread will be revived when he makes it in life to give thanks to all who, like you, participated to take him down from a pit.
samsa
#9 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 11:13:05 AM

Elder wrote:
samsa wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Greetings.

May God bless you all.

Pole sana Accountant Samsa. You could start by offering small businesses freelance accounts and tax services.

@Elder,

Please, stick to the problem at hand. I have never seen an accounts class.
ZZE123
#10 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 11:41:02 AM

samsa wrote:
He gave all his savings to this friend of his and the friend left for China and Dubai to bring in the consignement. Since June 2011, this friend who was "more than a brother" has never been spotted even by his own relatives.

He is a qualified accountant,

@Samsa – I know this guy who went to Yiwu China to buy some stuff. In Yiwu there are girl who offer “Massages” at very good rates so the guy invited one to his room. After the massage and the lady left he realized that his USD 40K was missing and he ran after the girl got her punched her kidogo and got his cash back. The girl called the cops, he was arrested taken to court and jailed for 15years for assault. Up to today wife has no idea what happened to him.

Now how old is your “friend” and is he a fully qualified CPA?
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
samsa
#11 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 11:52:37 AM

ZZE123 wrote:
samsa wrote:
He gave all his savings to this friend of his and the friend left for China and Dubai to bring in the consignement. Since June 2011, this friend who was "more than a brother" has never been spotted even by his own relatives.

@Samsa – I know this guy who went to Yiwu China to buy some stuff. In Yiwu there are girl who offer “Massages” at very good rates so the guy invited one to his room. After the massage and the lady left he realized that his USD 40K was missing and he ran after the girl got her punched her kidogo and got his cash back. The girl called the cops, he was arrested taken to court and jailed for 15years for assault. Up to today wife has no idea what happened to him.

Hehehe..hilarious.

I dont know about the story in china and the "massage".
My friend is around 33 and yes he is full CPA and registered with body of accountants.
Kaka M
#12 Posted : Monday, April 08, 2013 4:14:13 PM

samsa wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:
samsa wrote:

Hehehe..hilarious.

I dont know about the story in china and the "massage".
My friend is around 33 and yes he is full CPA and registered with body of accountants.

I know at least two people doing freelance accounting and though together with other duties they are able to make ends meet though it ain't so easy.
Also if he can there are so many learning institutions who would use some lecturing, private tuition, with accounting knowledge your friend can lecture in so many learning(non-accounting) institutions
In 2002-2003 I bought a blender for Kshs 895.00 and a few Mangoes and was able to blend juice and sell to my collegues earning abit of cash which I used for fare to and from work etc. I.e initial capital was roughly 1k.
I hosted a relative when he was in College and he would roast groundnuts pack several dozen and distribute to kiosks in the various estates.
He wasn't earning much but at least he would get cash for airtime to call his girlfriend and to buy mandazi to eat at breaktime in Kenya Poly.
A relative used to make lunch and sell to staff in a certain organisation 2003-2004.
On average 11 people would eat daily and the food was only Fifty bob but she would still have money for her needs and save something small every weekday.
All of the above have been tried and proven to work and for someone aggressive enough there is relatively lots of cash in these jobs that are not taken seriously.
Once a certain lady in the IDP camps was featured in the newspapers having started a chapati selling business for about Kshs 150.00 and like they say the rest was history.
There are other possibilities throughout East Africa so let your friend look far and wide.

samsa
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 12:28:03 PM

Dear Wazuans,

I have received a phone call a while ago from my friend that one of you have offered him a job. What a relieve and what brotherliness that Wazuan has shown? I must commend this forum that even though there are others who say and do those things that leave you wondering whether they are alright, there are a few who are really concerned.

I am the most happy person than my friend. I could feel for him when he cannot have anything productive to do.

Again, many thanks to you fellow Wazuan for what you have done. You are truly a good samaritan and this is why I am a proud Kenyan Wazuan.

God bless you all.