wazua Sat, Sep 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

22 Pages«<1516171819>»
Facebook IPO
Nabwire
#321 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 12:34:37 AM

Why are you so obssessed with me? Its like midnight in Kenya and you are dreaming of Nabwire. Your detective skills are proving poor, if you followed my conversation with Hisah, you'd have realized that I didnt buy at the IPO price, and stop displaying your ignorance, most NASDAQ listed companies dont issue dividends, Google is a good example. Your bitterness will consume you, have you ever contemplated that just maybe if I lose any money on FB its not a big deal to me?? I know your kind, you are jealous of those who have and cant wait for their downfall. Keep focusing your energy on me, you may just one day get the honor of cleaning my house. With every passing day I doubt your supposed degrees, Im still jazzed at how you concluded that FB has rubbish earnings, just admit that you are mad I wouldnt take your advice, you cant shove down your unwanted advice down my throat, no amount of bickering from you will change that.
Here is some fodder to give you sleepless nights

http://seekingalpha.com/...lish-about?source=yahoo

guru267
#322 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 1:12:28 AM

Let the "mad woman" speak!

If I were to pay $28 for FB it would have to be making a NET PROFIT of $5billion.. But unfortunately that figure is higher than the current revenues

At the current rubbish/garbage profits ($64million in q4) I would not pay a penny more than $4 for FB shares!

kwani I can't bet against wall street and be right??
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
S.Mutaga III
#323 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 1:40:36 AM

Cat fight again...how about you two dont comment in the same thread and give peace a chance.
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
murchr
#324 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 1:55:05 AM

S.Mutaga III wrote:
Cat fight again...how about you two dont comment in the same thread and give peace a chance.

Ha Ha ... this is where it all started
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Nabwire
#325 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 3:21:29 AM

Guru you are right, if you were to pay $28, but you didnt. Lets be honest you dont have $28 to begin with smile I know life has been unfair to you, you subconsciously want so bad to have what I have. I know you'd sell both your kidneys to attend the schools I have attended, you would wish to be able to go on vacations to Paris or Hawaii on a whim, you'd wish to belong to the networks that I do, but since you cant, the only thing you can do is lash out.Even after your supposed degrees, you live a miserable life and have a shitty job, so Wazua became a solace for you. You named yourself a guru and here you can pretend to be a somebody and are even accorded the right to shout at anybody you deem not at your level. Until I came along and challenged your every uterrance. From debunking your myth about Uhuru and sanctions ( by the way my IR Professor who is very respected in international politics just confirmed my thoughts that nothing will happen smile )to challenging your views on investments, you are now mad coz the one place you could pretend to be a somebody, I was undermining. I understand, and from now on, I will let you vent out all that negative energy that is overwhelming you. After all to whom much is given, much is expected so I will be the bigger person. I can easily go for a massage at the spa or go on a weekend shopping spree to Paris to relieve stress, but you can only go to Java smile I know, life is unfair, so to make it fair I will let you vent as much as you want coz we both know the prospects of you growing financially are slim. So in the spirit of sharing, I will even join you on your knees and pray for FB to fail smileif you cant get rich, the sensible thing would be for me to grow poor smile Go on and let it all out, all that anger and bitterness,scream and shout, and when you're done I will send you a postcard from Paris smile angalau uweze kusema ulitouch something from the city of love smile Au revoir smile
Nabwire
#326 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2013 7:18:11 AM

Sweet Jesus!!! Online poker is now legal in Nevada!!!! This should set precedence for other states, someone tell me FB still owns Zynga

http://www.contracostati...er-that-could-be-offered
ChessMaster
#327 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:27:42 AM

Uncertainty is certain.Let go
Nabwire
#328 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:00:19 PM

Imagine having worked hard for your money, and then someone tries to dictate to you how you should invest it. Im sorry, but thats the height of folly to let a total stranger bully you into accepting their advise, and worse still the stranger has no idea how your specic market operates, just makes decisions based on PE value. The only person who can tell me what to do with my money is my husband, so it will be a cold day in hell when I will cower to someone's demands just so she can maintain relevance in an online community. Whether I make or lose money will not change her livelihood, but from her remarks you'd think this money is hers to lose. Na uteme hiyo mate about great friends, in the unlikely event that I know her in real life, I would definitely distance myself from her cant imagine being dictated to how I should not eat maini coz she has decided maini is bad for you! I am curious why you envy me but still feel sorry for me. If its about the trips, I said I can easily, doesnt mean that I am foolish enough to waste my money.
Nabwire
#329 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:13:26 PM

Haiya, Samsung is putting on the pressure!!!

http://www.nbcnews.com/t...ch-note-tablet-1C8516290
ChessMaster
#330 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:19:20 PM

Sorry.I shouldn't have said that.
Nabwire
#331 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 7:10:00 PM

I didnt see anything wrong with what you said.
ChessMaster
#332 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 7:12:02 PM

I think I can relate to some of the things you said and it reminds me of me.
guru267
#333 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 10:01:53 PM

I don't why some people insist on crying for their mamas every time I post my opinion?? I'm sorry but if you don't like what I have to say, how about you go choke on a razor blade!!

But don't expect me to glorify insults with more insults! Unfortunately that is beneath me Sad

Facebook is overvalued and should not be bought... period!!

Nabwire
#334 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 10:22:32 PM

Nitume post card saa hii ama ningoje mauchungu zizidii next earnings? smile
guru267
#335 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2013 10:24:09 PM

As we stick to the issue of an overvalued Facebook..

I love mathematics so much because despite all the noise we may hear in the market the math never lies!

I see Facebook pulling a zynga/groupon in the share price... One sudden crash that will silence all this noise!

From my experience with this internet crap it takes only one really bad announcement for them to really hit the fan!
Elder
#336 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:57:31 AM

Nabwire wrote:
Guru you are right, if you were to pay $28, but you didnt. Lets be honest you dont have $28 to begin with smile I know life has been unfair to you, you subconsciously want so bad to have what I have. I know you'd sell both your kidneys to attend the schools I have attended, you would wish to be able to go on vacations to Paris or Hawaii on a whim, you'd wish to belong to the networks that I do, but since you cant, the only thing you can do is lash out.Even after your supposed degrees, you live a miserable life and have a shitty job, so Wazua became a solace for you. You named yourself a guru and here you can pretend to be a somebody and are even accorded the right to shout at anybody you deem not at your level. Until I came along and challenged your every uterrance. From debunking your myth about Uhuru and sanctions ( by the way my IR Professor who is very respected in international politics just confirmed my thoughts that nothing will happen smile )to challenging your views on investments, you are now mad coz the one place you could pretend to be a somebody, I was undermining. I understand, and from now on, I will let you vent out all that negative energy that is overwhelming you. After all to whom much is given, much is expected so I will be the bigger person. I can easily go for a massage at the spa or go on a weekend shopping spree to Paris to relieve stress, but you can only go to Java smile I know, life is unfair, so to make it fair I will let you vent as much as you want coz we both know the prospects of you growing financially are slim. So in the spirit of sharing, I will even join you on your knees and pray for FB to fail smileif you cant get rich, the sensible thing would be for me to grow poor smile Go on and let it all out, all that anger and bitterness,scream and shout, and when you're done I will send you a postcard from Paris smile angalau uweze kusema ulitouch something from the city of love smile Au revoir smile

You sound a lot like that Rollout/Drunkard fellow.

The Internet obviously is the final equalizer - everybody can be whatever they want. They just have to type out their dreams to live it.
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
mkeiyd
#337 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:27:30 PM

Elder wrote:
Nabwire wrote:

You sound a lot like that Rollout/Drunkard fellow.

The Internet obviously is the final equalizer - everybody can be whatever they want. They just have to type out their dreams to live it.

@Elder, Pewa crate kwangu.
Nabwire
#338 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 4:46:20 PM

I would certainly not want to sound like Drunkard, I let my emotions get the best of me. I realized that as much as I was bent on warding off unsolicited advice, she has a right to say whatever she wants. Moving forward, I will just ignore any of her remarks to maintain decorum. My apologies to the Wazua community.
hisah
#339 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:54:49 AM

hisah wrote:
If the markets roll over as I expect them to with todays ugly and emphatic reversal many stocks will take it in the chin.

@nabwire - are you seeing the potential market selloff blinking alarm across global markets...

FB chart courtesy of profitconfidential.com

24-25 then 21-22 as targets.

As a GOOG fan I hope it prints $1000 then the shorts will be like AAPL @$700. I patiently wait.

Also keep an eye on AIG. It's smoking but passengers haven't noticed yet...
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Nabwire
#340 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:28:20 PM

Hisah I am no technical analyst, I dont know what that chart means.
I have thought about it, and I would rather lose money, than bail out and watch it zoom past. We agree that things could get ugly real fast, or they could go really well.

http://money.cnn.com/201...html?source=yahoo_quote

To me Facebook is an investment company masquerading as a social media company. In 2012 they spent almost $5 bilion on investments, this gives them stability in my opinion, they probably bought Google stock...hahaha
The fact that Google is having wars with FB just gives FB even more relevance, that tells me that there is something that FB is doing well.
FB has gone into retail biz with its launch of gift cards and also its launch of directly gifting someone from the site. During vals, the cursor was positioned to get your attention, I am interested to see how much money they made from that. Though I admit none of my friends seemed to take the bait.
Then there's good old advertisement!! Companies are greedy and dont want to be left out, so just that competitive spirit forces them to allocate more and more money on online advertising since their customers have moved fom print, FB is well positioned to receive their biz. Walmart has launched an aggressive campaign on FB, and last I checked,Nike also allocated a considerable amount to advertising via FB. Oh and in recessions, companies usually spend more in marketing. FB has figured out how to monetize on mobile devices.
The elephant in the room is online poker. People who play poker are usually recluses, now imagine the novelty in letting them play from the privacy of their homes, this is a money making machine. I just hope FB is well positioned to bank them.
Keep in mind that FB is still at relatively all time lows, most people associate it with a failed IPO, so the fact that its still holding on is telling. Lets wait for next earnings, if they are good I am holding even more, if they are bad, yeah we'll cross that bridge then. I think this is a long term stock, once frontier and emerging markets are opened up things should really look up.