wazua Wed, Sep 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Safaricom Customer Care Secret
akowally
#1 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 2:44:43 PM

Is anyone ever successful in reaching Safaricom customer care these days?

If you always get...

"All our agents are currently busy. Please try later. Goodbye"

...I have a solution for you.

Safaricom have invested heavily in a superb social media management team. Send them a message via Twitter and you'll get a response in minutes.

After they respond, remember to ask them to follow you on Twitter so that in future you can be channeling all your questions to their Twitter direct messages.

It always works for me! In fact, they now call me if it's an issue that requires talking!

Try it out and post the results back here!
JOIN MY FREE MINI-COURSE FOR WRITERS. CLICK HERE
#2 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 2:47:30 PM

akowally wrote:

If you always get...

Safaricom have invested heavily in a superb social media management team. Send them a message via Twitter and you'll get a response in minutes.

After they respond, remember to ask them to follow you on Twitter so that in future you can be channeling all your questions to their Twitter direct messages.

It always works for me! In fact, they now call me if it's an issue that requires talking!

Or just dump their a** and get a provider who cares. Worked for me.

BBI will solve it
:)
jaggernaut
#3 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 2:50:02 PM

I have never had a reason to contact safcom customer care coz my phone, modem, mpesa etc etc all work very well.
Impunity
#4 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 2:51:44 PM

Can I poke them on their fb wall?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

blueman
#5 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 3:13:25 PM

When customers need secret ways to access your customer care, you know you have a serious problem as a service provider. I'd advice Safaricom to consider the following:
1. When a customer is done asking his questions, don't ask them "is there anything else i can do for you?" coz they will most likely have something else. This is unnecessary waste of valuable time? If customer remembers something else, let them call back!
2. Screen customer care reps for high aptitude before deploying them. Sometimes you call and it takes them 10 mins to understand the question; yet its their product!
3. Most times whenever i have an issue, i search safaricoms website for an answer be4 i call customer care. And all the time i don't find the answer. Safaricom should post commonly occurring customer questions in a searchable database on their website.
We make or break our own tomorrows today!
FRM2011
#6 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 6:03:46 PM

I got this from a safcom guy and i know you will not like it. Their line100 system uses an intelligent way of screening calls based on your value as a subscriber. If you use airtime worth 10k per month for instance, your call is picked immediately. If on the other hand ni bamba10 am sorry utangonjangonja. Crude but makes perfect business sense. Even me there are customers i refer to the secretary and there are others i personally serve tea. Blame it on an italian economist called Pareto.
akowally
#7 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 6:07:25 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
I got this from a safcom guy and i know you will not like it. Their line100 system uses an intelligent way of screening calls based on your value as a subscriber. If you use airtime worth 10k per month for instance, your call is picked immediately. If on the other hand ni bamba10 am sorry utangonjangonja. Crude but makes perfect business sense. Even me there are customers i refer to the secretary and there are others i personally serve tea. Blame it on an italian economist called Pareto.

He he he...interesting one here but makes perfect sense.

Use Twitter where they don't know how much you use.

I feel for watu wa please call me na okoa jahazi
JOIN MY FREE MINI-COURSE FOR WRITERS. CLICK HERE
butterflyke
#8 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2013 8:43:09 PM

Impunity wrote:
Can I poke them on their fb wall?

Laughing out loudly you can be very funny 'ukioga' Laughing out loudly
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
brayokasa4
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 10:12:08 AM

akowally wrote:

If you always get...

Twitter works really well for me when complaining, be it to Safaricom, DSTV, KPLC and Nairobi Water. These guys have really invested in Customer care on social media. Heck, they even call you back, saving you that much needed credit. I think one call to Safaricon customer care costs 20 bob. Shame on you Or maybe its because I have many followers on Twirra?smile

If you think you can, and if you think you can't , either way, you are right!
Mastermind
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 11:12:36 AM

blueman wrote:
When customers need secret ways to access your customer care, you know you have a serious problem as a service provider. I'd advice Safaricom to consider the following:
1. When a customer is done asking his questions, don't ask them "is there anything else i can do for you?" coz they will most likely have something else. This is unnecessary waste of valuable time? If customer remembers something else, let them call back!
2. Screen customer care reps for high aptitude before deploying them. Sometimes you call and it takes them 10 mins to understand the question; yet its their product!
I once called Safcom to ask about Zidisha bundle. The lady didn't even know what i was talking about had to hang up and use twitter which worked for me.

3. Most times whenever i have an issue, i search safaricoms website for an answer be4 i call customer care. And all the time i don't find the answer. Safaricom should post commonly occurring customer questions in a searchable database on their website.

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
essyk
#11 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2013 1:58:47 PM

Safcom can drive one nuts.But I remain a loyal customer.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.