wazua Fri, May 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Skerians Please assist here!!!
Tutu
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 7:18:00 AM

Gd morning Skerians,

Kuko hivi,my friend has a company and would like to inject 3m for a viable business venture. Kindly advise!!! We need your help like jana!!!

Jesus Loves me this I know,for the bible tells me so!
Tutu
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 7:24:00 AM

The company is based in Mombasa,the one that he is currently running is not doing so well so he wants to start on to a different line all together. Your advise will be highly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Iganamagana
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 7:31:00 AM

?

Kuko hivi,He has a lot of options. Its all up to him/her.

IGANA.
Tutu
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 7:49:00 AM

@Iganamagana,

Thanks for that,what he needs are ideas,those that can flourish tuu vizuri.

mukiha
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 8:03:00 AM

That's a very broad question. I think you are trying to write a college term paper!!

Give some details...what does your friend do for living,what skills does he have,what other businesses is he in,does he want to resign from employment or was the 3m a golden handshake after termination........etc

If you can't give details,the s/he may as well drink the whole lot!!!
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Tutu
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 8:40:00 AM

Thanks Mukiha,

The guy is currently the proprietor of this company that is not performing so well. He is in a broking agency that's not perfoming so wel and he doesnt really want to quit this but add another line that will give him revenue during this NSE low season.

mukiha
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 9:50:00 AM

Simple solution:
Presumably,he has a client list...people for whom he has been buying and selling shares....

Tell him to ask himself what else he can sell to the same people. They know him,and will trust him...presumably.

it's always easier to sell to people that know you
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
kamangu
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 12:48:00 PM

@Tutu.

I wish it was as easy as 'Kuko hivi'You see biz is not an issue of capital.Your budy needs an idea thats guarantees him good and quick returns.The options are too many but there are some fundamental questions he need to answer n that will send him to the best biz idea.

1.Does he want to invest shortterm or long term?

2.Does he have a passion for the idea he settles for?

3.How involving is the venture?

4.Is the biz venture service oriented or product oriented(service biz are more luctrative)

5.Does he have what it takes to venture into that businessi.e.-the expertise,the ingredients,location etc.

6.Once he answers all these questions he will get the idea.

Nyani hoani kundule
mukiha
#9 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 5:29:00 AM

See today's Daily Nation,page 3,bottom-left-hand-corner....commercial photo processing equipment from kodak @300k.....he can buy ten of these.....
lexus
#10 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 1:56:00 PM

think and think hard i u ready for challeges .write down a business plan.thats an eye opener.do your homework on the ground ur competitors and all.and u should be so passionate on whatever business

work smart
mtaalam
#11 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 2:30:00 PM

Firstly I think that's a wonderful problem to have. And I wish I had that kind of a burden.
My friend,asking people what to do with your hard earned money is how people end up in pyramid schemes. And here's the best advice - put the money in an interest earning account until when you decide where to invest. Only invest in industries you are familiar in,have knowledge in and even best expertise. That way you not only sit back and wait for the money to grow but you use your experience to help it grow. And if you were to lose some you'd understand where things went wrong or what to correct. Don't be the Kenya who sees his jirani with a matatu and then you buy one when you see him with a new suit... the suit could be a present.

The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now.