wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Equity Share Price
mukiha
#21 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 5:32:00 AM

@Donedeal; explain clearly how a share price is 'propped up' and how the 'propper' benefits from that action.
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
jerry
#22 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 6:37:00 AM

@donedeal,U've already been answered by Eli & Mukiha and I need not add more. However,I used to have similar perspective to investing just like u until I saw the light! I'm better off in NSE. If u talk of a co. which is unlisted then we can discuss.

Ecs 11.2 Give portions to seven,yes to eight,for you do not know what disaster may come upon the land.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
Goals
#23 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 6:48:00 AM

some guys had this stock and did not dispose when the price was over 300. The wish if for it to get to those levels if it ever will.

I can teach anybody how to get whatever they want out of life. The problem is that I can't find anybody who can tell me what they want.' Mark Twain
Donedeal
#24 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 7:09:00 AM

@mukiha

Your guess is as good as mine. Ask yourself what fundamentals are contributing to the rise of this share? Apart from the hype,what is so unique about this 'EB modo'? KCB is in TZ (8 branches),Southern Sudan (4 branches),UG (5 branches?),Rwanda and Burundi one branch each,yet it does&rsquo;t generate the sort of interest EB does. Is investment in the stock just about perception?

May we live in interesting times!
chi20
#25 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 8:00:00 AM

spectaculary,the share seems to be on the downward trend this morning after hitting a high of 14/5. seems investors were waiting for either that price,or the last trading day the week to offload the share since the supply is as twice (2m) as the demand.

mwana wa kahii. . . . .
nanfor
#26 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 8:05:00 AM

I don't know much about their books. I just follow their customer complaints for me to know exactly where they will be in 2 years......So far,I wouldn't touch it....My principle is only to buy companies whose product is impressive. Customer complaints and down ATM's is not a sign of a good product or longevity.
The General
#27 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 8:05:00 AM

@mukiha,does this help?
A scheme that attempts to boost the price of a stock through recommendations based on false,misleading or greatly exaggerated statements. The perpetrators of this scheme,who already have an established position in the company's stock,sell their positions after the hype has led to a higher share price.

The thicker the thigh the sweeter the pie.
The thicker the thigh the sweeter the pie.
Raheel
#28 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 11:39:00 AM

Skerians

Kindly look at this:

http://www.grameen-info....mp;id=26&Itemid=175

Now,please compare with this:

http://www.equitybank.co.ke/about.php?subcat=8

Notice anything in common?

I do not want promote equity bank in any manner,truth be told I beleive they have a long way to go.

If I were to invest in its shares as just another bank,I beleive I can do better,however if you are investing in a bank based on a microfinance model with exceptional growth then this counter makes sense. Therefore comparison with KCB does not make any sense unless their target market is the same.

More so then the income I would be looking at new accounts opened and deposit growth for equity bank come 1st qtr results to know if it still targeting its same low income customers for its growth.

Raheel
eli
#29 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 11:47:00 AM

While others ask WHY THIS? WHY THAT? Speculators are making cash!

But you shall remember the LORD your God,for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth,that He may confirm His covenant which He swore to your fathers,as it is this day. Deu 8:18
lexus
#30 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 1:14:00 PM

kenyans like speculating so much .what a shame you will never do anything if you listen to them.its called jealousy.equity bank in the next 5 years will be so so far.if you r clever buy the shares let the thomas continue doubting.thats how richard branson takes the opportunity and moves on.so its your choice

work smart
livo
#31 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 1:41:00 PM

@ Donedeal,am sorry seems you dont know what drive the price of stocks up!!!
Market psychology,demand & supply is what is driving EB shares up!!!
@ Eli,you are right,only speculators will benefit from EB,most of the ppl here are doing too much talk!!! Am making money while others are wasting their time talking too much Bla bla bla ......WATCH THIS SPACE!!!!!!!!

~Fear & Greed is what drives the prices up~
KIMANDERU
#32 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 2:24:00 PM

Am in this stock with all my legs for the next 5 years 24/7

TOMORROW WILL BE BETTER
sheep
#33 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 3:00:00 PM

Mhhhhh....greed is back!
The utimate goal of investing is to buy low sell high;if we re-write this core equation in psychology terms it becomes buy fear sell greed.
ecstacy
#34 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 3:28:00 PM

In my view,the two most innovative firms locally and listed in the NSE are Safaricom and Equity Bank (not KCB for those always comparing the two). Funny how investor sentiment is at opposite ends for the two...Equity is here for a while,get with the programme or wait (for life) for it to hit Ksh. 7 smile
smooth
#35 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 7:54:00 PM

Equity will and always be beneficial to those ' day traders' and thus are carefull to pick signs of up or low swings and therefore know the best time to sell or buy . this is possible with lots of money and you being a stockbroker or closer to one . Mwangi is part and parcel of the same and thus encouraging the share to be as much 'tradable' ... ... but am not one so i will keep off this stock.

Smooth
gmg
#36 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2009 5:30:00 AM

For the doubting thomases please review the board of this bank. i did a review and noted its the only quoted comany on NSE which has coopted the brains behind the so called vision 2030 CEO-Gakuru Wahome,think of the implications of this on their long term strategy???

gmg
Taster
#37 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2009 7:30:00 AM

Is the P/E of 1.31 shown in the NSE website correct?

Shouldn't it be 13.1 after the 10:1 Split?

An EPS of 10.6 suggests the company made profits of over 40B.

A brave hunter fears no thorns.