wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
my side mirrors stolen!
pauloti
#1 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2009 1:36:00 PM

help the side mirrors to my beautiful premio got stolen in town today! i have been to quite a few shops who are offering to cut me normal mirrors. nyone know where i can get the original convex ones. nd dont plz advise me to go back to the thieves on kirinyaga road!
mfisadi
#2 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2009 1:42:00 PM

just go to riverroad n sema unataka side mirror ya Premio car regno KB whateva na utapata your original mirrors. Prices are negotiable
move
#3 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2009 3:43:00 PM

@ pauloti,
Faced the same problem a while back. Tried a number of spare parts shops and they were not stocking.Eventually,on advise by one of shop owner,i had to get one from those Kirinyaga fellas!!

Expanding the Pie
Expanding the pie
obiero
#4 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2009 3:50:00 PM

Visit toyota kenya uhuru hway

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
simonkabz
#5 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2009 3:57:00 PM

There r some cheap cut ones of a gud convex n no thug will eva b interested. Too high stds in nairobi is lyk throwing gud money into the drain! Weka hiyo n hav peace...anywhere...

Can silence be misquoted?
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Magigi
#6 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2009 6:58:00 PM

...if you fit new ones,put a GRILL around them. It works.....
Magigi
#7 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2009 7:03:00 PM

Obiero

Toyota Kenya? You do not mix new wine with old wine....
Marash
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2009 6:16:00 AM

I experienced the same and my Premio looks terrible,they left the mirrors but took off with the covers,it looks ugly. I will also appreciate if i know where i can get some.
Josey
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2009 7:31:00 AM

Sorry,but you will have to go to GROGAN,,,i can accompany u if u afraid..

Better put your money where your mouth is...
pauloti
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2009 9:10:00 AM

@ josey and all,by going to grogan we are all just encouraging these thugs to steal again. i will buy from them and they will steal from me again,and the cycle goes on. if all of us stop supporting these thieves then maybe they will stop stealing. the biggest culprits im told are the spares shops on kirinyaga who actually encourage these boys to steal,they buy from them at a very low price and sell to people like me at exorbitant prices. at the end of the day they are all theives!
And1589
#11 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2009 10:19:00 AM

@pauloti
i feel you my brother,
but it seems you know where to get these side mirrors zako,so pliz just go get them and peace shall prevail.Cheerz.

Becoming number one is easier than remaining number one
jaribu
#12 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2009 11:34:00 AM

side mirrors gettn stolen in the mean streets of nai ain't big deal. just pick up and dust yaself,roll down hapo kirinyaga rd ama grogan and do ya thang. dem dudes jacking da mirrors are hungry and nid sumthin 2 fill tha bellies. once u get tha mirrors,get them IDeed with the no. plates plus that ka hook that ensures if someone tries to yank them,they will break. usijali,no one died. it's just a normal thang. word up my son.

bY aNy MeAns NecEsSaRy.....
Josey
#13 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2009 12:05:00 PM

@pauloti

You have been misinformed,we have genuine guys who import spare parts and have shops at Grogan and the surrounding areas. So if you dont wanna do more damage to your pockets head on to tha place and get uaself a mirror..

Enjoy your ride..

Better put your money where your mouth is...
Euge
#14 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 5:40:00 AM

@ Pauloti try Baricho road behind Toyota East Africa. They hawk second hand parts over there. I have bought indicators from them. I am not sure where they get the parts from.

Cheers!
Lord, thank you!
mukiha
#15 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 6:52:00 AM

@pauloti;

It appears that you've never been to Kirinyaga Road. As @Josey says,the MAJORITY of shops on this road are honest businesses people importing spares from japan,china,taiwan etc.

Please pay a visit and buy from the SHOPS....not the idlers on the pavements or the funny kiosks on the side lanes.

If you still have doubts,you can easily import the part... try www.papera.co.jp or any other genuine Japanese used car dealer.

BTW,where did you import this car from? Get in touch with them and they will get you the spares you need.

Behind the gardens...Behind the wall...Under the tree (Including: Red...Dark Blue...Yellow)
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
pauloti
#16 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 7:40:00 AM

@ mukiha,thanks for your input but i dont think i want to go thru all the hassle of importation just for 2 side mirrors.

@ others: i have been to grogan/ kirinyaga road and have seen those chokoras bring parts to sell to a shop there,with my own eyes. nd the shop guy bought them after much bargaining. why shud he refuse if he is getting a geunine part at 5% of the market price. even if imported direct from japan or china,he would not be able to get it that price. the spare parts business,especially second hand parts is a murky world lurking with all kinds of dodgy people.

if they sold genuine parts,then why were they so agianst KEBS bringing in the certification for spares,and not allowing fake parts from china and taiwan.

am going to try baricho road,let see.........

mukiha
#17 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 8:02:00 AM

@pauloti;

The difference between Baricho and Kirinyaga is that the former predominantly has used parts dealers while the latter has predominantly new parts dealers.

If you want to reduce the chances of buying a stolen part,then you should make sure that you buy a new part.

'NEW' does not mean that it is genuine!! It could be from Taiwan,but it is still new...has never been fixed in a car.

The used parts will always be genuine...i.e.,they were manufactured by the car maker,or the company that makes parts for the car maker....

All stolen parts end up in one used parts shop or another.

If you want truly genuine...go to Toyota EA...and carry enough money

Behind the gardens...Behind the wall...Under the tree (Including: Red...Dark Blue...Yellow)
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
kanyimwa
#18 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 8:47:00 AM

@ All

A friend of mine has a garage in Kariobangi. He deals in buying Salvage (written off) vehicles from insurance companies and then he dismantles and sells as parts. If I walk to him and tell him I need a pair of side mirrors,am sure I'll get original spares that are not 'stolen'. If you are afraid to drive your expensive premio to Kariobangi and you send me to pick them up for you,would you charge me for being in possession of stolen goods?

Thats why you find that the guy at Grogan or Kirinyaga road may not me stocking the part at the time you go to buy but if you leave him with a deposit he can avail the spare later in the day. You may hence think that he sent a chokora to pick it up from the streets,but he knows how to SMARTLY get one himself and make a kill out of you.

It all depends on the perspective you want to look at it. For example,the other day I got a pair brand new Monroe shocks for my car for only Kshs. 3000 each from a NZE salvage I found him dismantling. The car had been written off for being damaged the roof after overturning. The engine and other parts were well intact. Was that theft?

The definition of your enemy is: 'Your former friend'
nyefu
#19 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 11:14:00 AM

@kanyimwa,
the kariobangi guy,can he the bumper light for premio new model? have been looking for these lights almost everywhere apart from kirinyaga and its sister grogon......
Informer
#20 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 11:20:00 AM

@KANYIMWA

Kindly post contacts of you friend here. there are some spares I am also looking for

SECURITY STARTS WITH YOU
alerts.you@gmail.com
whatever is done in the dark will always come to the light and find its way to bite u in the ass (SO DO THE RIGHT THING EVEN WHEN NO-ONE IS WATCHING)