wazua Wed, Sep 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

PEUGEOT 206 ..your thoughts?
incognito
#1 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 10:52:31 AM

Where are the car gurus of wazua? What do you think of the Peugeot 206? Any personal thoughts/experiences to share? Been eyeing one...
Excelsior
nakujua
#2 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 11:04:56 AM

I find the hatchback very small, the station wagon is ok - its a European car so you need to take good care of it. after a little abuse my manual 206 hatchback occasionally turned into an automatic, started shifting gears on its own while driving.

but overall a good car, the parts are available and there are many ex marshals mechanics around to service the car at a reasonable price.
incognito
#3 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 12:28:27 PM

nakujua wrote:
I find the hatchback very small, the station wagon is ok - its a European car so you need to take good care of it. after a little abuse my manual 206 hatchback occasionally turned into an automatic, started shifting gears on its own while driving.

but overall a good car, the parts are available and there are many ex marshals mechanics around to service the car at a reasonable price.

Thanks for the analysis. I prefer the hatchback. I have not compared it to the station wagon but will do so.
Excelsior
vky
#4 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 2:40:50 PM

french cars tend to have problems with the electrics that said if you are going to buy french then atleast get a manual car stay away from automatics, the 206 has been through several recalls ranging from faulty electrics to gearbox problems on their automatics
'One headache for famous medieval holy people was that someone might murder you to acquire your body parts for the relics trade'
incognito
#5 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 4:23:11 PM

vky wrote:
french cars tend to have problems with the electrics that said if you are going to buy french then atleast get a manual car stay away from automatics, the 206 has been through several recalls ranging from faulty electrics to gearbox problems on their automatics

I prefer an auto. It seems this is one car i should steer clear of. Sad
Excelsior
Money Whisperer
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:46:08 PM

When i get some cash to spare, I wouldn't mind getting myself the 206 drop-top (blue)or Renautl Megane drop-top
"Money never sleeps"