wazua Wed, Sep 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Safaricom false M-pesa subscribers
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 1:06:23 PM

I went to register my scom internet sim card and I was told I had to register it as an m-pesa line. Now imagine if all people registering their lines are forced to register as m-pesa even though they will never use the m-pesa service. In my view, this a scam by scom/vodafone to exaggerate the success of M-pesa.

BBI will solve it
:)
Jus Blazin
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 5:30:34 PM

If you registered at an Mpesa Dealer, then it's the dealer who didn't give you the correct information. Mpesa agents are given commissions for new Mpesa registrations, so he took an opportunity. Otherwise, for sim card registrations, you don't have to register a line for Mpesa.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
sherrif
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 4:59:33 PM

Quote:
REGISTER ALL YOUR SIM CARDS INCLUDING MODEM,TABLET AND IPAD LINES AT ANY SAFARICOM SHOP DEALER OR MPESA AGENT COUNTRY WIDE

Screamed their adverts.

I went to the first dealer to get my modem sim registered.He tried to coerce me into registering it for mpesa, something I refused to do because it didn't make sense.He told me there was no other way of registering.

2 days to deadline, I approached another agent and he repeated same story.I ended up registering a sim I hardly use for mpesa services and that was it.
Told me I am registered!
Now what the heck is telling millions of kenyans? Why have the mobile subscribers misled the public this much?
Caveman
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 6:32:21 PM

2012 wrote:
I went to register my scom internet sim card and I was told I had to register it as an m-pesa line. Now imagine if all people registering their lines are forced to register as m-pesa even though they will never use the m-pesa service. In my view, this a scam by scom/vodafone to exaggerate the success of M-pesa.

Without sounding like I am on their defense, I don't think they were acting under Safaricom's instructions. In fact, if you report them to Safaricom, I think they might be punished.
chiaroscuro
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 12:21:25 PM

I went to an agent to register my modem line and she asked me if I want MPESA or NORMAL registration. I said "NORMAL" and she went ahead to register it. No hustle; no fuss