wazua Wed, Sep 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages123>»
Cyber Security
ChessMaster
#1 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 3:23:53 PM

Hackers or worse yet crackers are becoming a global threat.Iran managed to bring down a U.S drone by hacking it. What direction should Kenya take to fight this epidemic considering the people in charge have no clue about such issues?
Uncertainty is certain.Let go
InnovateGuy
#2 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 3:49:29 PM

If the story about Iran is true, then most countries could be in for a serious problem. The only way to beat the hackers is to develop systems which are hard to crack.
Live Full Die Empty - Les Brown.
ChessMaster
#3 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 3:59:07 PM

Its true.It happened last december.The drone parked nicely into one of iran's airbases without a scratch.Not most countries, the world.Wikileaks proved that.I read an article that the U.S. has acknowledged it doesn't have enough cyber security professionals.You can't develop a system that's hard to crack if you're not a hacker.That's the problem and if you hire hackers they will be good for a while but they will become ignorant of the new trends.Its a strange problem.
tycho
#4 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 7:20:47 PM

ChessMaster wrote:
Hackers or worse yet crackers are becoming a global threat.Iran managed to bring down a U.S drone by hacking it. What direction should Kenya take to fight this epidemic considering the people in charge have no clue about such issues?

Forget about privacy, and love your neighbor as you love yourself.
grolut
#5 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 7:48:36 PM

InnovateGuy wrote:
If the story about Iran is true, then most countries could be in for a serious problem. The only way to beat the hackers is to develop systems which are hard to crack.

There are numerous hacking groups and nations with teams of hackers working together to crack systems, software and networks. Unfortunately it's only a matter of time for any system to be hacked/cracked.
In a place where thought is abandoned, freedom can become a curse.
ChessMaster
#6 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 10:18:38 PM

@tycho - How would you love someone who is trying to enslave you?
tycho
#7 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 10:42:19 PM

ChessMaster wrote:
@tycho - How would you love someone who is trying to enslave you?

I have been grappling with this question today. Notice, the question is not whether we should love the oppressor, but how, we are to put our love into action.

Let it not be lost to us that love is a force that not only creates, but also a force that heals.

Oppression is a spiritual and political ailment that begins when the individual seeks to protect and defend his/her ego. And for this defense to be complete he must seek to dominate.

One thing that people feel justified to defend is their freedom, and that is how they lose it.

But freedom can only be enjoyed when one gets rid of the urge to defend it, and instead embrace the oppressor with the force of love.

This is the art of spiritual warfare: spiritual healing.

Apropos, do you think Egypt's president, Morsi, will truly protect the revolution by having all the powers in the kingdom? Definitely not! We are about to see an upsurge in protests and dissatisfaction.
ChessMaster
#8 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 11:32:02 PM

Countries gained independence by defending their freedoms and surely not by loving their oppressors. You still haven't answered my question, how would you love someone who is trying to enslave you?Use the illuminati for example
tycho
#9 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 11:48:30 PM

ChessMaster wrote:
Countries gained independence by defending their freedoms and surely not by loving their oppressors. You still haven't answered my question, how would you love someone who is trying to enslave you?Use the illuminati for example

Like which country, America? See Hannah Arendt's 'on revolution'. The Americans had no revolution.

After losing the 'old empire' the British resorted to the common wealth to protect her interests.

'Know yourself; know your enemy!'

How would you love one who is not your enemy?

Remember, 'the greatest general is he who conquers without violence'.
InnovateGuy
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:34:03 AM

grolut wrote:
InnovateGuy wrote:

There are numerous hacking groups and nations with teams of hackers working together to crack systems, software and networks. Unfortunately it's only a matter of time for any system to be hacked/cracked.

Nothing is unpredictable. All you need is a group of guys equal to the task. Equip them with the necessary resources and voila. The worst thing is to assume that no one will hack into your system. But you can mitigate against such.
Live Full Die Empty - Les Brown.
Mukiri
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:26:06 AM

Legislation might be a good place to start. But just like everywhere else, there will be good guys and bad guys. It's a dance, a game, who'll out do the other. I take comfort that evil is never triumphant over good, not for long.

Proverbs 19:21
ChessMaster
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:19:13 AM

Legislation is a good deterrent but not the solution. With everything being computerized hackers are getting more powerful.Some hackers believe they are doing good not evil by protecting our freedom of speech and information(wikileaks).I still don't see any politician in Kenya debating cyber security effectively in parliament.
richdad
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:22:54 AM

2 out of 3 online hackers work for the US government.
Keep it simple
ChessMaster
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:54:00 AM

I doubt that,you forget china and russia.
Mukiri
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 12:02:45 PM

ChessMaster wrote:
Legislation is a good deterrent but not the solution. With everything being computerized hackers are getting more powerful.Some hackers believe they are doing good not evil by protecting our freedom of speech and information(wikileaks).I still don't see any politician in Kenya debating cyber security effectively in parliament.

Ethical hackers you mean?

There is no solution to this problem, is what I meant. Seeking for a solution is akin to ending crime, ending theft, ending greed. As long as there is a devil out there, huwesmekSad

And as for our politicians, an ethical hacker needs to fleece a few, before they can truly understand what cyber crime is. Amani haiji ila kwa ncha ya upanga.

ChessMaster
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:37:29 PM

I understand that crime can't stop in its entirety but its a subject I'm trying to reach a deeper understanding on. For example,the world governments want regulation of the internet to go into the hands of the U.N. What's there to be regulated? I don't consider ethical hackers real hackers.I'm sorry to all the ethical hackers. I'm afraid of one of our politicians being attacked by a hacker because after terrorists,hackers are next in line to be targeted.
Mukiri
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:41:20 PM

ChessMaster wrote:
I understand that crime can't stop in its entirety but its a subject I'm trying to reach a deeper understanding on. For example,the world governments want regulation of the internet to go into the hands of the U.N. What's there to be regulated? I don't consider ethical hackers real hackers.I'm sorry to all the ethical hackers. I'm afraid of one of our politicians being attacked by a hacker because after terrorists,hackers are next in line to be targeted.

They can target all they want but it will take a miracle to end.

Who is a hacker? You could be sleeping with one in your bed. She suspects you are cheating and conspires to get into your mail. What will you do? Ship her to guantanamo?

Boss, if I were you I'd let it slide. Its a cat n' mouse game. Catch the mouse and it mutates. Hackers are not just after your info, they are now revolutionaries, what is happening to Israel after their attack in Gaza. End results are better cats, better mouses and developing systems.

ChessMaster
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:13:13 PM

Haha mukiri,uv just killed me.You should see how many people are googling for ways to hack their partners phone,emails and especially facebook accounts
ChessMaster
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:07:04 PM

ChessMaster
#20 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 7:35:09 AM

Funniest hack I've seen this year.