wazua Sun, May 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Lost Kengen Dividend Cheques
Silk
#1 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 5:17:00 AM

I got 4 cheques payable to me but so far only received 1. During last payment,1 was completely lost.

While i receive other materials e.g Finanacial reports pronto,why lose dividend cheques ? I've not missed any other dividend apart from Kengen's.

Just hate chasing these things.

Anyone experience the same ?

Life is too short.
Gordon Gekko
#2 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 7:07:00 AM

Haven't received the dividend that was due in Feb too. Communicated with one Diana Bundu at Kengen who said I had to request for an indemnity form which I fill and take to a Commissioner of Oaths for execution. I then take the form with a copy of my ID to them. That process costs more than the dividend itself so as a rational investor I will forgo the dividend.
Chaka
#3 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 9:47:00 AM

Also not received mine.According to Image Registrars,an indemnity form is filled 3 months after cheque issuance (as from end of this month)so as to cancel the lost cheque and then another one will be prepared.The cost of this is free at the high court or 100 bob by any lawyer.
Silk
#4 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 10:21:00 AM

Thanks Chaka. Valuable info.

But i hear many folks did not receive their cheques. Someone is not doing his Job or is trying something funny.

Life is too short.
Eddiemundu
#5 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 10:36:00 AM

Hi,

I also did a Blunder with a Handsome Kengen dividend cheque..it was like this..i collected the damn cheque from posta and then it dissapeared mysteriously..i bumbed into it as i was 'throwing out my Dirty Linen' and ' Alas!..'.this is a Kengen Cheque,i Quiped'..the thing had expired Eons ago and i gave it to a Lass who works at Kengen to pass it on to the registrar coz of Convenience..it got Lost Kabisa and the story of Swearing Affidavits started..i still have that Indemnity form for 2 yrs now..its boring to follow up some stale things..

Bure Kabisa!..its like Kengen have a way of making Hefty dividends dissapear ama...i have since Loggedout of Kengen @ 39.50 but they still send me Bookwork and cheques of 0.32 shs year-in-year-out..how can i stop them.i cant sell the 3 shares that remained and my Book shelves are Bursting with Magazeti ya Zamani..

M'c Kende Siafu !