wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

121 Pages«<910111213>»
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough
obiero
#201 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 6:24:28 PM

some people are still looking at this and thinking its just rock in the soil. brothers and sisters, please look keenly and u shall see that this is a diamond!!! healthy dividend policy, extreme deficit in housing demand vs supply, tailored schemes for major corporates such as NMG as well as long repayment terms in its current loan book; quickly reveal that this is not a firm to dissapoint shareholders any time soon

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#202 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 7:38:30 PM

hisah wrote:
The web is quite interesting if you start digging for information. I wonder how many people are aware that this KE site exists - http://www.irac.co.ke - Interest Rates Advisory Centre - as per their website they are located at Ambassador Court, Block A, Flat No. 3, Milimani Road (Directly Opposite Heron Hotel, next to former CID Hqtrs).

From the site I can see a number of HF cases...

http://bit.ly/S9vJNg - HF's penalty interest charges.
http://bit.ly/S9vJNg - Class action against HF

They also have some case studies - http://www.irac.co.ke/cstudies.html

Is this organization in existence to date?
Now they have more ammunition!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#203 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 7:40:58 PM

obiero wrote:
some people are still looking at this and thinking its just rock in the soil. brothers and sisters, please look keenly and u shall see that this is a diamond!!! healthy dividend policy, extreme deficit in housing demand vs supply, tailored schemes for major corporates such as NMG as well as long repayment terms in its current loan book; quickly reveal that this is not a firm to dissapoint shareholders any time soon
That's what folks thought a few years ago. Then it crashed from 40s to low teens.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#204 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 8:20:47 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
That's what folks thought a few years ago. Then it crashed from 40s to low teens.

Correct me if i am wrong, but there have been two rights issues since when it was at 40s hence dilution and resultant decrease in price. Also factor their bond, since I assume its some of the same long term shareholders that bought into the bond...

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#205 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 8:52:55 AM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:

Correct me if i am wrong, but there have been two rights issues since when it was at 40s hence dilution and resultant decrease in price. Also factor their bond, since I assume its some of the same long term shareholders that bought into the bond...
A bonus/split should 'drop' the price since there is a dilution. A Rights Issue should not dilute the EPS, etc in the medium term. Look at DTBK with 3 Rights Issues in 5 years. Still going strong both in EPS as well as share price.

I like the current management. That's not the issue. I like the spread of business (within the RE sector). It's populist & untested laws/regulations that worry me.

Look at KK & Total. One day price controls (populist) come in. Now there are problems coz the firms can't pass on forex fluctuations or oil price fluctuations along in real time.

The same can happen with populist control of interest rates. If the cost of money rises rapidly (as it did a few months ago) then banks can't pass on 100% of the cost lest firms/individuals default. Banks 'eat' the loss especially the smaller banks with smaller 'cheap' deposit bases.

KPLC had a Rights Issue. The populist measure by ERC to 'freeze' the triennial increase for KPLC (which increase KPLC touted as a plus in the IM) hurt KPLC future expansion & profits.

These populist measures are very popular but hurt the firms. If wages are 'frozen' even when an increase is deserved, you lose motivation. Same here. I hope you get my point.
Aguytrying
#206 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 10:05:37 AM

Could a kind soul provide HFCK annual report for 2011. thanks
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
mwekez@ji
#207 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 10:15:50 AM

Aguytrying wrote:

@Aguy, sent it to our google group.
mwekez@ji
#208 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 10:34:59 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
hisah wrote:
The web is quite interesting if you start digging for information. I wonder how many people are aware that this KE site exists - http://www.irac.co.ke - Interest Rates Advisory Centre - as per their website they are located at Ambassador Court, Block A, Flat No. 3, Milimani Road (Directly Opposite Heron Hotel, next to former CID Hqtrs).

From the site I can see a number of HF cases...

http://bit.ly/S9vJNg - HF's penalty interest charges.
http://bit.ly/S9vJNg - Class action against HF

They also have some case studies - http://www.irac.co.ke/cstudies.html

Is this organization in existence to date?
Now they have more ammunition!

Show me a single bank worldwide that does not have problematic Non Performing Accounts and cases in courts. NPAs are a norm and so are the cases! Besides, the HF cases in that site are for tiny amounts. Also note that chances of the site winning any cases in the future has been reduced by the fact that banks today have invested in high tech core banking systems with 99.999999999999999999% accuracy. Loan contract letters today are c20 fine printed pages with enough clauses to cover the banks interest and are accompanied by other 101 documents.

By the time some realize that HF is a diamond in the rough we will have made HIGH capital gains + received sweet dividends Drool
Aguytrying
#209 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 10:59:37 AM

mwekez@ji wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Thanks!!!!! It wasn't there before was it? (ama ni uzee, i dint see it)

I have gone through from 2006 and its impressive.
PAT in 2005 was 58M, PAT in 2011 was 621M. A ten times growth. How long can the growth rate continue at this rate?
This year it may not be much, but the years after that.... i look forward to 1BN PAT in the next 2-4yrs. AWESOME
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
mwekez@ji
#210 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 11:22:19 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
I like the current management. That's not the issue. I like the spread of business (within the RE sector). It's populist & untested laws/regulations that worry me.

.... populist control of interest rates.

*Interest rate control proposal has been thrown to the dust bin!

*Untested laws fear is overblown!

#Buy The Fear!
mwekez@ji
#211 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 11:32:33 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
Aguytrying wrote:

Thanks!!!!! It wasn't there before was it? (ama ni uzee, i dint see it)

I have gone through from 2006 and its impressive.
PAT in 2005 was 58M, PAT in 2011 was 621M. A ten times growth. How long can the growth rate continue at this rate?
This year it may not be much, but the years after that.... i look forward to 1BN PAT in the next 2-4yrs. AWESOME

Welcome! I have just sent it there on seen your request. (Sio uzee smile )

HF has indeed recorded impressive performance. 5 year CAGR is a whooping 53.30%.

2012 has been a tough year but now all signs are set for a good going forward. 2013 HF will be shining and we will also be laughing all the way to the bank Angel

mwekez@ji
#212 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 12:35:20 PM

smile smile smile smile Am an ELDER smile smile smile smile

Applause Applause Applause Applause *Vuvuzela* Applause Applause Applause Applause
youcan'tstopusnow
#213 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 1:03:25 PM

mwekez@ji wrote:

Applause Applause Applause Applause *Vuvuzela* Applause Applause Applause Applause

Nakuona mzee:

Please accept this walking stick as my gift to you. From one mzee to another.

GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
mwekez@ji
#214 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 5:44:58 PM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:

Nakuona mzee:

d'oooh! Uzee ndio huu!Sina budi kukubali huo mkwaju. Wewe najua utahitaji kiti

youcan'tstopusnow
#215 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2012 6:35:35 PM

mwekez@ji wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:

Nakuona mzee:

smile
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Cde Monomotapa
#216 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 1:52:11 AM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:

Nakuona mzee:

smile

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Good stuff smile Hongera @mwekez@ji!
VituVingiSana
#217 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 12:03:58 PM

LMAO @mwekezaji via gifts offered!
youcan'tstopusnow
#218 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 12:29:06 PM

VVS, I'm fretting over what to get you for your 10,000th post;-)
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
VituVingiSana
#219 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 3:50:12 PM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
Convince Puma to pay 25 Pray Pray Pray Drool Drool Drool
youcan'tstopusnow
#220 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 7:58:57 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
Convince Puma to pay 25 Pray Pray Pray Drool Drool Drool

Laughing out loudlyLaughing out loudlyLaughing out loudly
I'll see what I can do then...
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE