wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

121 Pages«<89101112>»
Housing Finance: HFCK a diamond in the rough
guru267
#181 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 1:14:42 PM

mwekez@ji wrote:

@guru, KYI - Know Your Investments

Most banks have cut their base rate—which means that their real lending rates are higher since they charge a premium to borrowers that is added onto the quoted rate based on the evaluation of the customers’ default risk.

@mwekez@ji from the above post i gather you are saying that HFCK does not have a mechanism of differentiating the default risks of various customers and hence offers a uniform effective rate.

This scares me very much about the quality of the balance sheet because Doesn't it mean that all the high potential defaulters are running to HFCK for cheap debt that cannot be found elsewhere??
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
mwekez@ji
#182 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 2:08:50 PM

guru267 wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
guru267 wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
guru267 wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
BTW, rates given by HF are the effective rates. No risk premium is loaded thereafter

Are you saying that a banker with a mortgage in Runda will pay the same effective rate as a civil servant with a mortgage in umoja?

What a question! You should know there are special classes of borrowers who enjoy lower rate than the effective rate that is made public.

BOTTOM LINE:

1. HF does not load risk premium on the effective rate
2. HF will continue to be the preferred mortgage lender
3. HF will continue winning market share

Does no one in HFCK pay above the effective rate??

Just curious! Where did you find out about HFs lack of a risk premium??

@guru, KYI - Know Your Investments

Housing Finance reduces lending rate to 18 per cent

“Ours is an effective rate and it’s the level at which we lend to customers as opposed to the base rate. The lower cost of borrowing will help to turnaround our loan book,” said Frank Ireri Housing Finance managing director.

Most banks have cut their base rate—which means that their real lending rates are higher since they charge a premium to borrowers that is added onto the quoted rate based on the evaluation of the customers’ default risk.

http://www.businessdailyafrica....14/-/uotnai/-/index.html

@mwekez@ji from the above post i gather you are saying that HFCK does not have a mechanism of differentiating the default risks of various customers and hence offers a uniform effective rate.

This scares me very much about the quality of the balance sheet because Doesn't it mean that all the high potential defaulters are running to HFCK for cheap debt that cannot be found elsewhere??

SMH! You got it all wrong and that is very scary. A guru of your status should know better. Only then will you comprehend the unique lending models adopted by HFCK and why it will continue being the leader of the mortgage industry with good quality assets.
mwekez@ji
#183 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 2:12:20 PM

t-godd wrote:
@mwekezaji, who are the share registrars of HFCK? Could you please provide their contacts? Thanks.

HFCK themselves. They sit in Rehani House, Kenyatta Avenue. Contact: Shares.department@housing.co.ke
t-godd
#184 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 2:26:59 PM

mwekez@ji wrote:
t-godd wrote:
@mwekezaji, who are the share registrars of HFCK? Could you please provide their contacts? Thanks.

HFCK themselves. They sit in Rehani House, Kenyatta Avenue. Contact: Shares.department@housing.co.ke

Asante.
L-TOWNS OWN SINCE '90
mlennyma
#185 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 3:08:29 PM

@T-godd ask me am from there kukula doo-they do it themselves shares dept. Tel 3262316/314/322 email: shares.department@housing.co.ke
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
hisah
#186 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 3:33:18 PM

hisah wrote:
I continue to fancy the volume spread. 2,014,300 shares traded today. Last week 1M shares were traded. Closed @13.25/-

The rebound will be snappish when it comes.

Vol - 1,123,400 and closing VWAP @13.35/-
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
mlennyma
#187 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 3:48:26 PM

Where is this huge volume coming from and the price is depressed?
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
guru267
#188 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:10:20 PM

mwekez@ji wrote:
You got it all wrong and that is very scary. A guru of your status should know better. Only then will you comprehend the unique lending models adopted by HFCK and why it will continue being the leader of the mortgage industry with good quality assets.

Help me understand what I have got all wrong!

You were the one that said all customers of HFCK pay one effective rate!
You were the one that said that HFCK did not attach risk premiums to their dear customers

Which unique lending models calculate ONE rate for all customers?? It sounds pretty basic to me! smile
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
hisah
#189 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:47:12 PM

mlennyma wrote:
Where is this huge volume coming from and the price is depressed?

A market has market makers...
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
hisah
#190 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:49:07 PM

High Court Ruling In Mortgage Dispute - http://www.the-star.co.k...to-kenya-to-do-business

Quite interesting this case. Now with the new land laws, the hammer has swung to the client with the banks becoming the anvil... Oh, that pounding will hurt...
obiero
#191 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 12:32:57 AM

my KES 0.70 per share interim dividend has checked in and more so js about on time with an acceptable one day delay. HFCK is the last mbus. Wazuans had better not be left behind

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
VituVingiSana
#192 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 1:59:58 AM

hisah wrote:
High Court Ruling In Mortgage Dispute - http://www.the-star.co.k...to-kenya-to-do-business

Quite interesting this case. Now with the new land laws, the hammer has swung to the client with the banks becoming the anvil... Oh, that pounding will hurt...
I warned folks about the potential issues with the new land laws. Caveat Emptor.
*On all other metrics I like HFCK. The new land laws scare me as an investor*
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mwekez@ji
#193 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:16:41 AM

guru267 wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
You got it all wrong and that is very scary. A guru of your status should know better. Only then will you comprehend the unique lending models adopted by HFCK and why it will continue being the leader of the mortgage industry with good quality assets.

Help me understand what I have got all wrong!

You were the one that said all customers of HFCK pay one effective rate!
You were the one that said that HFCK did not attach risk premiums to their dear customers

Which unique lending models calculate ONE rate for all customers?? It sounds pretty basic to me! smile

Recap for your comprehension:

1.The rate given by HF is effective rate and no risk premium is loaded thereafter.

2.Special classes of borrowers get lower rate than the effective rate that is made public.

3.These HF pricing models are unique from the exploitative models applied by other lenders who quote base rate and then load high risk premium on the borrower
mwekez@ji
#194 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:31:50 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
hisah wrote:
High Court Ruling In Mortgage Dispute - http://www.the-star.co.ke/natio...-to-kenya-to-do-business
I warned folks about the potential issues with the new land laws. Caveat Emptor.

deceiving¿ Where did the new land laws influence the outcome of the case?
hisah
#195 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:52:23 AM

mwekez@ji wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
hisah wrote:
High Court Ruling In Mortgage Dispute - http://www.the-star.co.ke/natio...-to-kenya-to-do-business

The point is, this case was won using the crude law. Now how many such cases can the banksters win with the new land laws?
VituVingiSana
#196 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 10:36:01 AM

hisah wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
hisah wrote:

The point is, this case was won using the crude law. Now how many such cases can the banksters win with the new land laws?
Hmmm, I mis-spoke. I remain queasy until a case is tried & a precedent set. I think the laws are populist but the banks are partly to blame. As is the slow 'justice' system.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mwekez@ji
#197 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 10:46:46 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
hisah wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
hisah wrote:

Hmmm, I mis-spoke. I remain queasy until a case is tried & a precedent set. I think the laws are populist but the banks are partly to blame. As is the slow 'justice' system.

Time will test the new land laws and like the norm, cases will be won and some lost. The fear of the new land laws is overblown. Never will any country draft a law to crumble the financial system
VituVingiSana
#198 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 10:51:02 AM

mwekez@ji wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
hisah wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
hisah wrote:

Time will test the new land laws and like the norm, cases will be won and some lost. The fear of the new land laws is overblown. Never will any country draft a law to crumble the financial system
Populism. The politician panders to the lowest common denominator. Look at the agricultural sector. Those laws have destroyed the pyrethrum sector, decimated coffee & lots of problems in the sugar industry.
hisah
#199 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 12:39:47 PM

The web is quite interesting if you start digging for information. I wonder how many people are aware that this KE site exists - http://www.irac.co.ke - Interest Rates Advisory Centre - as per their website they are located at Ambassador Court, Block A, Flat No. 3, Milimani Road (Directly Opposite Heron Hotel, next to former CID Hqtrs).

From the site I can see a number of HF cases...

http://bit.ly/S9vJNg - HF's penalty interest charges.
http://bit.ly/S9vJNg - Class action against HF

They also have some case studies - http://www.irac.co.ke/cstudies.html

Is this organization in existence to date?
sparkly
#200 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 12:39:30 PM

No more new money to throw into this thing. I think i will take profit in Safcom and throw it in.
Life is short. Live passionately.