wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Samsung vs Apple - the face of the future
muganda
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 8:37:42 AM

US courts have convincingly affirmed Apple's patents by awarding $1.05b ruling Samsung wilfully infringed on certain features:
- bounce back, pinch and zoom, user interface and rounded corners

At the same time, the court ruled no Samsung patents were infringed in contrast to a South Korea court that earlier in the week found both companies offended.

Hmmn, what does this mean for you in Kenya? More importantly, will this serve to quell the growth of Samsung the disruptor?

http://m.engadget.com/20...pple-v-samsung-decision/
muganda
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 9:03:39 AM

What of Samsung Galaxy tablet?
This category offered one spot of good news for Samsung: The jury ruled that Samsung's Galaxy Tab tablets did not infringe on Apple's design patents for the iPad.

What does the ruling mean for Google and Android?
Armed with loads of significant patents now deemed valid in court, Apple could go on to sue other companies -- namely, Android maker Google and its hardware partners.

Fortune
mkeiyd
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 9:35:08 AM

muganda wrote:
This category offered one spot of good news for Samsung: The jury ruled that Samsung's Galaxy Tab tablets did not infringe on Apple's design patents for the iPad.

Armed with loads of significant patents now deemed valid in court, Apple could go on to sue other companies -- namely, Android maker Google and its hardware partners.

Fortune

I think if push gets to shove,Google might start paying royalties to Apple.
Samsung to some extend do chew on Apple's innovations.They always come up with a product not-so-dissimilar from what Apple launches.
Before the respective product hits Samsung's home market, a lot of regulatory red tape buys time for Samsung to "come up" with a not-so-distinct product.

The desire to beat Japanese and be number one in the world will keep Samsung on the rise.
smallfama
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 9:57:16 AM

Read the full verdict and implications here http://www.reuters.com/a...ct-idUSBRE87O02I20120825
Elder
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 2:45:02 PM

muganda wrote:

Fortune

Galaxy Tabs didn't really escape. Rink.
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
jaggernaut
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 4:55:15 PM

So what is next? Car makers (Ford, Mercedes, BMW, Toyota etc) suing each other for stealing each others designs?
simonkabz
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 9:36:29 PM

Ford to sue toyota for making a car very similar to theirs: what with copying 4 wheels design, headlamps, a steering wheel and an internal combustion engine, all which are patented by ford! What a load of crap!
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Impunity
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 10:14:56 AM

simonkabz wrote:
Ford to sue toyota for making a car very similar to theirs: what with copying 4 wheels design, headlamps, a steering wheel and an internal combustion engine, all which are patented by ford! What a load of crap!

Benz to sue Toyota for copying their C200 in the form of Cresta (S170 Model).
While Lincoln to sue the same Toyota for copying their car in the form of Verossa.
Sad Sad Sad
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

jaggernaut
#9 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 10:32:07 AM

Impunity wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Benz to sue Toyota for copying their C200 in the form of Cresta (S170 Model).
While Lincoln to sue the same Toyota for copying their car in the form of Verossa.
Sad Sad Sad

And as @simonkabs has said, Ford to sue all car makers for copying their original patented design of an automobile with 4 wheels etc.
bkismat
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2012 11:02:13 AM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
bkismat
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2012 11:06:00 AM

Somethings are just unbelievable. Apple claiming they have patented the rounded rectangle shape. So what will the other makers do? Create triangular or round phones and patent them? Anyway necessity is the mother of invention.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
masukuma
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 8:37:45 PM

Typical case of reality distortion....
Actually, Nokia won a patent suit against Apple last year for $700m and an estimated $11.50 for each iPhone sold

http://www.guardian.co.u.../apple-nokia-patent-case
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
richdad
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 9:44:51 PM

This is funny considering Samsung is Apple's biggest parts supplier (Touch screens, memory chips and processors). Also Apple is the biggest customer for Samsung products.....my take...Apple needs Samsung but Samsung can do it without Apple.

Keep it simple
masukuma
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 10:44:17 AM

richdad wrote:
This is funny considering Samsung is Apple's biggest parts supplier (Touch screens, memory chips and processors). Also Apple is the biggest customer for Samsung products.....my take...Apple needs Samsung but Samsung can do it without Apple.

so who is more important to the other - the supplier to the customer or the customer to the supplier. the reason suppliers exist is because of customers. customers always have options on where to take their money suppliers cannot refuse money.

Scenario 1: Apple refuses to buy from Samsung I am sure that there will be many OEMs and ODMs falling over themselves to get the 'tender'. meanwhile Samsung loses revenue and starts firing people.

Scenario 2: Samsung refuses to sell to Apple...I am sure that there will be many OEMs and ODMs falling over themselves to get the 'tender'. meanwhile Samsung loses revenue and starts firing people.

Heads or tails - Samsung loses!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
nakujua
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 1:20:58 PM

masukuma wrote:
richdad wrote:

so who is more important to the other - the supplier to the customer or the customer to the supplier. the reason suppliers exist is because of customers. customers always have options on where to take their money suppliers cannot refuse money.

Scenario 1: Apple refuses to buy from Samsung I am sure that there will be many OEMs and ODMs falling over themselves to get the 'tender'. meanwhile Samsung loses revenue and starts firing people.

Scenario 2: Samsung refuses to sell to Apple...I am sure that there will be many OEMs and ODMs falling over themselves to get the 'tender'. meanwhile Samsung loses revenue and starts firing people.

I don't think they are many supplier who can supply at the scale and quality needed by apple - in fact I doubt if any exists apart from samsung.

to get to the level samsung is at, in terms of manufacture and supply of the said parts, it would take a good number of years and I dont think apple will wait that long.
richdad
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2012 7:36:26 PM

nakujua wrote:
masukuma wrote:
richdad wrote:

I don't think they are many supplier who can supply at the scale and quality needed by apple - in fact I doubt if any exists apart from samsung.

to get to the level samsung is at, in terms of manufacture and supply of the said parts, it would take a good number of years and I dont think apple will wait that long.

Actually Samsung got the deal after LG failed to match the needed quality for iPad 2 screens. I guess samsung also takes the lead in processor and memory chip quality. RINK
Keep it simple
MaichBlack
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2012 11:12:41 AM

Wanjiku sues all pizza maker for copying the shape of chapati which she had patented at Ndunduri patent office!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
McReggae
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2012 11:15:25 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
Wanjiku sues all pizza maker for copying the shape of chapati which she had patented at Ndunduri patent office!

Applause Applause Applause Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
bartum
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2012 12:13:15 PM

samsung sold 20M units of SIII in 3months
jaggernaut
#20 Posted : Thursday, September 06, 2012 12:13:27 PM

richdad wrote:

Now that Samsung makes nearly everything for Apple, customers should buy products from the source (Samsung galaxy, tab etc) instead of the overpriced broker (apple) whose only job is adding cosmetic changes to the exfactory samsung products.