wazua Sat, May 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
Kenya is the Largest Importer of Used Cars from Japan
jerry
#41 Posted : Tuesday, August 04, 2009 5:06:00 PM

@Kaigangio. The idea of increasing # of imported cars by reducing import/excise duty is a bright one. I think we should also go to 10yr olds given that these vehicles are driven on v nice roads. Later on we could have a law which will turn most junks into scrap metal. Then we can develop some steel industries. Did I hear that the scrap export was banned?

Hotels will always serve the fruits/vegs of the season. In stocks,ur duty as a trader is to identify the HOTshare of the season.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice, it's conformity.
mlefu
#42 Posted : Tuesday, August 04, 2009 6:01:00 PM

to silence the kids,we told them we are driving to America. its a common understanding that when its day time in kenya,America is dark. Guka as kawaida was driving terribly slow so i flashed him to speed up,after a comotion inside his peugout,he finally hit the accelerator .....Fafa.. darkest smoke i have ever seen!!!!,mama turns to me not amused at all and says..'si you switch on the headlights'...the sweet little girl jumps up in exitment,as innocent as ever she asks..'mami tumefika America?...lol...

back to the emissions tests..what is it?

wishes to inform the citizens of Kenya,in the light of your failure to elect a competent President for the past 46 years,and thus failure to govern yourselves,I hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence...
justrant
#43 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2009 4:44:00 AM

@all,refer to commentary by Ngovi Kitau in today's Daily Nation.
adept
#44 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2009 6:32:00 AM

Will read it later but isnt he the MD of Bruce Trucks? Do they sell new or used cars? I am trying to gauge the objectivity of the piece beforehand. If he mainly sells new cars and maybe hanging onto a dead/dying franchise,then I will struggle not to view his argument as skewed in his favor.
wa P
#45 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2009 1:43:00 PM

I just love,oops! like Obi

Someone give me an alternative to importing a used Jap car. If anybody can assure me to get a decent brand new car for 1 million kes,I shall not import. Perhaps what we should do here is to pool ideas on starting a car making plant.

Ngovi Kitau's article today in Nation was interesting - never mind he is a new vehicle dealer or something. He is bound to know fine details anyway. What I did not read from him is how we can start producing new cars tomorrow.

SKerians; Obi - what should we do to produce new affordable cars locally?

I pledge my distribution development skills into that SKERIAN MOTOR PLANT (KARIOBANGI) LTD

If it looks clean,it keeps your pockets clean. I mean,look at the soil...
Kaigangio
#46 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2009 2:38:00 PM

the point here is that we should have improved on the Nyayo pioneer....after all the Numerical Machines factory is still available...but as is the case always in kenya the cost of production of 1 car would cost kshs 200m just like the Nyayo Pioneer did cost!!!

NEVER TALK OF A RHINO IF THERE IS NO TREE NEAREBY - ZULU PROVERB
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
half_empty
#47 Posted : Wednesday, August 05, 2009 3:02:00 PM

@adept... the bruce trucks MD has his agenda... so do you and me who prefer to import from japan... bottom line:- imports=lost jobs... 180,000 units of which only 19,000 are new... surely Tata and others should set up a plant already