wazua Wed, Sep 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
WESTGATE SHOPPER BEWARE
hindi ni riu
#21 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 5:19:29 PM

hamburglar wrote:
Oh give me a break, you can't indict a whole mall and especially a great place like arte cafe because of one isolated incident...Shit (pun intended) happens, but that doesn't mean that we should now boycott westgate enmasse just because of a little TP incident....

Your friend got out of this little sticky situation unscathed, it's not like shit had literally hit the fan in the bathroom and he looked liked the proverbial who shot john in the aftermath....Don't throw people's businesses under the bus because of such a small inconvenience....It's not cool at all.

Its unfortunate how you can dismiss such a major issue.There's no excuse for poor service. That was a negative customer experience, and that's all that counts; it doesn't matter what caused it.

“Once the last tree is cut and the last river poisoned,you will find you cannot eat your money" Traditional saying.
hamburglar
#22 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 7:24:51 PM

hindi ni riu wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Oh give me a break, you can't indict a whole mall and especially a great place like arte cafe because of one isolated incident...Shit (pun intended) happens, but that doesn't mean that we should now boycott westgate enmasse just because of a little TP incident....

Your friend got out of this little sticky situation unscathed, it's not like shit had literally hit the fan in the bathroom and he looked liked the proverbial who shot john in the aftermath....Don't throw people's businesses under the bus because of such a small inconvenience....It's not cool at all.

Its unfortunate how you can dismiss such a major issue.There's no excuse for poor service. That was a negative customer experience, and that's all that counts; it doesn't matter what caused it.

And I agree with your sentiments...I stand corrected on that...There is no room for poor service, but I just think that this might be an issue of somebody else's incompetence, not neccessarily Westgate's or Arte cafe's....Maybe the contracted janitorial company is doing a shoddy job and not stocking up on TP like they are supposed to..I just don't think a high end establishment like arte cafe can deliberately jeopardize their reputation over some TP issue....That's my point, but I agree with you, there is no room for bad customer service and not having TP in the loos is a huge no-no and is bad customer service....One time can be excused (maybe) nobody is perfect, but more than once is inexcusable..My comments earlier were made in a hurry before reading the whole post where the author stated that this was a second time that it had happened to him......
rock
#23 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 8:43:37 PM

hamburglar wrote:

My comments earlier were made in a hurry before reading the whole post where the author stated that this was a second time that it had happened to him......

Are we authors really ama just random guys who post in forums? Think
hamburglar
#24 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 9:11:53 PM

Are we authors really ama just random guys who post in forums? Think[/quote]

You have jokes..You need to take the show on the road...lol....Anybody that writes anything (dumb or smart) is an author...Don't be in awe of such names, it's 2012, chanuka kidogo....Hata wewe ni author.....See, I just taught you something new, now you can go floor your friends over a cold beer with your new distinction...Waambie wewe ni author....
chiaroscuro
#25 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 8:45:12 AM

@hamburglar; now you are being too understanding. An organisation CANNOT be distinguished from its employees! If you get poor service from an employee, you can only conclude that the organisation has poor service.

Your argument that Westgate are not to blame for the actions of their employees is incorrect. Westgate IS the owners, the management and the employees - jointly and severally!

So, even if it is an employee who stole the toilet paper, it is the responsibility of management to deal with it, and if they don't, then the owners of the facility must deal with the management.
mozenrat
#26 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 8:58:45 AM

If I'm going to spend my money anywhere, I will INDICT the hell of that place if they give me poor service...Am I supposed to go find out from the individual janitors where they've taken the tissue??? Hiyo ni kazi yangu ama ni ya Westgate.. Afadhali this thread's plaintiff.. Kama ingekuwa ni mimi, I would have never gone back and the story of how "unsafe" it is to visit Westgate on a full stomach or to eat there would have been on Watchman.
jaggernaut
#27 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 10:42:42 AM

Infact @premio & co. should sue Art Caffe and Westgate for damages due to emotional/psychological torture, embarrassment, loss of dignity, negligence, breach of public health laws by the restaurants failure to provide functional toilet facilities , breach of constitutional rights etc etc. Citizens should always stand up for their rights. In the US such lawsuits are quite common.
kenmac
#28 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 5:10:36 PM

jaggernaut wrote:
Infact @premio & co. should sue Art Caffe and Westgate for damages due to emotional/psychological torture, embarrassment, loss of dignity, negligence, breach of public health laws by the restaurants failure to provide functional toilet facilities , breach of constitutional rights etc etc. Citizens should always stand up for their rights. In the US such lawsuits are quite common.

Be my lawyerLaughing out loudly smile
......Ecclesiastes
kenmac
#29 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 5:13:49 PM

Now, what do the staff at that cafe use when they go to answer calls of nature?? Ama wanatumia matchsticks kama @ojinga

Somebody ranking highly must surely know about it.
......Ecclesiastes
radio
#30 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 5:53:49 PM

kenmac wrote:
Now, what do the staff at that cafe use when they go to answer calls of nature?? Ama wanatumia matchsticks kama @ojinga

Then they come back and serve you! Ouch!
hamburglar
#31 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 6:36:47 PM

chiaroscuro wrote:
@hamburglar; now you are being too understanding. An organisation CANNOT be distinguished from its employees! If you get poor service from an employee, you can only conclude that the organisation has poor service.

Your argument that Westgate are not to blame for the actions of their employees is incorrect. Westgate IS the owners, the management and the employees - jointly and severally!

So, even if it is an employee who stole the toilet paper, it is the responsibility of management to deal with it, and if they don't, then the owners of the facility must deal with the management.

Of course, the employees are part of the organisation but my point is, maybe the management at arte cafe are not aware of the situation and that's why no action has been taken yet....I just don't see westgate intentionally failing to put TP in the bathroom, it just doesn't make sense to me and that's why I said there might be a bigger culprit and maybe the management at westgate is oblivious to this fact fact....Sometimes bad things happen to good organizations as a result of bad employees, but if the organization is not aware of it, then you can't reeally blame them for it....If they knew and did nothing then that would be a different case.....It's TP we are talking about, not a bottle of crystal...

You are correct, the employees are part of the fabric, but sometimes we have to summon common sense and really look at the whole picture.....Do you really think that Westgate is unable to afford TP for their bathrooms?...There must be somebody somewhere who is stooping that low and it seems like the owners and management are not aware of it...C'mon now, TP is such a trivial issue, Westgate cannot afford to ruin their reputation over a 5 dollar issue like that....Let's use some logic here folks...

If it was some shady bar somewhere else, then I would say that maybe the TP budget is not in their plans, but for Westgate, TP should not be an issue for the owners....Surely, somebody must be stealing it and the owners are not aware of the situation.
hamburglar
#32 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 6:44:25 PM

jaggernaut wrote:

This is the kind of attitude that we don't need....People nowadays like the easy way out of everything, every opportunity they get they want to sue sue sue....That mindset is very callous...I hope that you were joking because if you are serious about the lawsuit idea, then it's really unfortunate....

Like you say, in the US, such lawsuits are common but that doesn't make it right..Just because it's done often in the US does not justify it, there are idiots too here in the US incase you didn't know that, so not everything from the US should be glorified and emulated blindly..Integrity is a lost virtue in our society. We need to get some of it back.
slickyoz
#33 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 9:35:28 PM

No need for lawsuits..its always gud to check before offloading..i almost used a 1k note to sort myself out but later remembered i needed it to buy more fombe..called my friend for back up...
hamburglar wrote:
jaggernaut wrote:

This is the kind of attitude that we don't need....People nowadays like the easy way out of everything, every opportunity they get they want to sue sue sue....That mindset is very callous...I hope that you were joking because if you are serious about the lawsuit idea, then it's really unfortunate....

Like you say, in the US, such lawsuits are common but that doesn't make it right..Just because it's done often in the US does not justify it, there are idiots too here in the US incase you didn't know that, so not everything from the US should be glorified and emulated blindly..Integrity is a lost virtue in our society. We need to get some of it back.

Those who follow the crowd usually get lost in it - Techbiznah
rock
#34 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 9:59:55 PM

hamburglar wrote:

You have jokes..You need to take the show on the road...lol....Anybody that writes anything (dumb or smart) is an author...Don't be in awe of such names, it's 2012, chanuka kidogo....Hata wewe ni author.....See, I just taught you something new, now you can go floor your friends over a cold beer with your new distinction...Waambie wewe ni author....[/quote]
Wow!! Thanks for the info..now lemmie update my cv.
hamburglar
#35 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 10:10:19 PM

rock wrote:
hamburglar wrote:

You have jokes..You need to take the show on the road...lol....Anybody that writes anything (dumb or smart) is an author...Don't be in awe of such names, it's 2012, chanuka kidogo....Hata wewe ni author.....See, I just taught you something new, now you can go floor your friends over a cold beer with your new distinction...Waambie wewe ni author....

Wow!! Thanks for the info..now lemmie update my cv. [/quote]

lol...Please do, you have been in the wrong business all along author Rock........Update that CV chap chap dude and don't forget to let all your buddies know when you indulge in the frothy ones at your local pub this weekend ....lol
rock
#36 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 10:16:53 PM

kenmac wrote:

How now?? Honestly how does someone use matchsticks?Am i missing something here
radio wrote:
Then they come back and serve you! Ouch!
Yuck!! Now before i eat i'll be checking if there's tissue in loos of restaurants.
hamburglar
#37 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 10:30:05 PM

rock wrote:
[quote=kenmac]Now, what do the staff at that cafe use when they go to answer calls of nature?? Ama wanatumia matchsticks kama @ojinga

How now?? Honestly how does someone use matchsticks?Am i missing something here

Author Rock, they say that you at least have to try something once in your lifetime, be a good sport and go try using a matchstick next time and let the good people of wazua know how it went...Don't be a party "pooper"....lol....

I didn't quite get the matchstick business either, but am curious to know, wouldn't it be kinda scary if the friction from the ashy bootycrack lighted up the matchstick?
hamburglar
#38 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 10:34:44 PM

[quote=slickyoz]No need for lawsuits..its always gud to check before offloading..i almost used a 1k note to sort myself out but later remembered i needed it to buy more fombe..called my friend for back up...

Now that's the spirit...lol...What are friends for if they can't get you out of ahem, "shit" like this every now and then?

That money can be spent more wisely just like you did...on more fombe....I like how you think dude, the more you save the more fombe you can afford.
jaggernaut
#39 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 10:36:04 PM

So which toilets do the management use since they seem unaware about the sad state of affairs? Do they have private washrooms within the restaurant/offices?
maka
#40 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2012 12:14:20 AM

Lucky me I have pooblicphobia...
possunt quia posse videntur