wazua Wed, Sep 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
WESTGATE SHOPPER BEWARE
premio
#1 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2012 10:39:38 PM

Sometime around april, i had a very bad experience at westgate shopping mall. I had taken my 2 Southafrican friends to Artcaffe grd floor Westgate which i wud say sells the finest European delicacies around. Was around 9pm xo one of them needed to use the gents and honestly such an excellent place, with very expensive finishing, world class lighting systems, expensive toilet seats U DONT EXPECT TO MISS A KSH 25.00 toilet paper and it happened. He texted me to go and help i checked all the toilets nothing went to 2nd floor and third none, Nakkumatt was closed had to run to ukay centre 500m away to help him imagine how embarrassing as he was holed there close to 1hr. I was mad but i dcd 2 forget it as a one off until today i went there @5pm to transact at Baclays just when i was about to help myself i dcd to check and no tp. Westgate shame on you, i dcd i have to warn others if u want a place to hang out go to Yaya, Juntion or Galleria but keep off westgate just incase u need to help yourself
murchr
#2 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2012 10:54:02 PM

d'oh! d'oh! Kenyans..when will people realise that its the small things that count NKT!!!!!!
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
hamburglar
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 12:40:32 AM

Oh give me a break, you can't indict a whole mall and especially a great place like arte cafe because of one isolated incident...Shit (pun intended) happens, but that doesn't mean that we should now boycott westgate enmasse just because of a little TP incident....

Your friend got out of this little sticky situation unscathed, it's not like shit had literally hit the fan in the bathroom and he looked liked the proverbial who shot john in the aftermath....Don't throw people's businesses under the bus because of such a small inconvenience....It's not cool at all.
grolut
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 8:36:55 AM

Moral of the story, always check for loo roll before unzipping.
In a place where thought is abandoned, freedom can become a curse.
chiaroscuro
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 8:38:23 AM

hamburglar wrote:
Oh give me a break, you can't indict a whole mall and especially a great place like arte cafe because of one isolated incident...Shit (pun intended) happens, but that doesn't mean that we should now boycott westgate enmasse just because of a little TP incident....

Your friend got out of this little sticky situation unscathed, it's not like shit had literally hit the fan in the bathroom and he looked liked the proverbial who shot john in the aftermath....Don't throw people's businesses under the bus because of such a small inconvenience....It's not cool at all.

It is this kind of attitude that encourages lousy performance.

@hambuglar; you will notice that after the first incident, @premio give Westagate the benefit of doubt and assumed it was "an isolated" incident. A couple of months later, he finds the same situation. Now it is no longer isolated.

Clearly this is something that happens too often. It means the management of the mall does not care about their customers, at least not enough to ensure that there is toilet paper in the toilets.
premio
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 8:40:55 AM

Ham this is not a little incident as u think, Artcaffe have no fault coz they pay hundreds of thousands to westgate mall to make sure that their clients are comfortable.If u had read the thread well u wud have realized that the first time i treated it as a one off but not yesterday. I dine out at KFC Juntion, Galleria mall and yaya and beleive me their gents are clean and always stocked.
Sarrouniya
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 8:50:00 AM

This incident is shitty(pun intended too) and not believable. And of all three of you no one thought to simply grab serviettes/napkins from the restaurant before hopping all the way to Ukay? Ai?
Give us a better reason to beware of the place. Na kwa nini unawapelekea your 'business' kila saa @madampremio? I don't see how these can be pines... Airports are always self contained anyway hence the huge handbags.
|The Universe will correspond to the nature of your song ...
chiaroscuro
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 8:56:57 AM

As a good citizen, I was going to contact them and refer them to this thread. I tried accessing their website and guess what?

HTTP Error 504: Gateway Timeout

Sasa hii ninini?
TAZ
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 9:01:59 AM

grolut wrote:

Ditto!
Fomoney
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 9:14:08 AM

If i eat your crap, ain't I allowed to dump there? Weka toilet paper. This is a problem with most Kenyan businesses. If I spend 5k at your biz in a course of 3 hours, then I earn the right to offload on you! All these people defending this biz is the reason we have poor service while paying premium for service.
rock
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 9:46:04 AM

grolut wrote:

There are times when the urgency is more important than that tissue and you take care of biz first then cross that bridge later.People have used t-shirts,underwear,hankies,water,biz cards,wallets etc to clean up after
AlphDoti
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 10:03:09 AM

This is unacceptable!!!

@hamburglar this is the attitude leading to poor service and you want to tolerate Shame on you Shame on you
DO you ever think of how much they get from you when you spend your money there!!!

@Sarrouniya restaurants hawana bahati! They incur unnecessary costs when customers take their serviettes/napkins because management cannot provide tissue Pray Pray

Maybe as Kenyans, we need to embrace new culture just like we Muslims do - using a bidet.
People should consider introduce user friendly toilets which have an option for use of water for those who require this option.

I wonder what the situation was like before toilet paper came into fashion Think

Don't you think that people used water to wash themselves?
Ideally, toilet paper is a 'drying' agent and NOT so good as 'cleaning' material as many people belief.

This option has advantages:
1. It is a key to green world.
2. It also provides important health benefits including increased cleanliness, and the therapeutic effect of water on damaged skin (e.g. hemorrhoids).
3. Saves costs on toilet tissue paper!

grolut
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 10:12:23 AM

rock wrote:
grolut wrote:

There are times when the urgency is more important than that tissue and you take care of biz first then cross that bridge later.People have used t-shirts,boxers,hankies,water,wallets etc to clean up after

Hahaha wallets! I understand though I was there once in primary, the prefect was so stingy and gave me literally two sheets of tissue. Needless to say I went home bila underwear.
In a place where thought is abandoned, freedom can become a curse.
jamplu
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 10:25:03 AM

hamburglar wrote:

and why should we settle for lousy service! if you are out to provide a service offer the best. Those little things you calling inconveniences are what matters to the customer if you can't offer a loo roll then you don't value your customers.
AlphDoti
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 12:35:07 PM

And just to add, for those looking for jobs, check-in to the loo and see before you accept the offer. That's exactly how they will treat you!!!
premio
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 2:50:28 PM

if it was a one-off incident ideally westgate has 3 floors and each of the male washrooms has 5 toilets 1 for handicapped and a bathroom. on the April incident i checked all the floors and none had tp, does that sound as if they care. Were determined to complain to the management but at that time 9pm only security officce is open. In most places like at the aiport and malls there is always a sheet where the cleaners log in and sign every 1 hour tha cleaning has been done and that should include re-stocking. westgate has contracted a company but do they do inspection to make sure standards are good
essyk
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 3:50:05 PM

You could all be on their case when the culprits are right under ur noses.
Has anybody complained to the management yet?
Till that happens and feedback is obtained it's not fair to point a finger.
People carry out rolls back home, not exempting the cleaners.
If tissue is supposed to be there then it means there is a budget allocated for that by the management so kuna mtu in the process eating the rolls.

They can check their cctvs washike mwizi.
But again a ladies wouldnt complain of such cz we are always armed
Au wacha kuzoea public loos.
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
chiaroscuro
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 3:59:31 PM

essyk wrote:
You could all be on their case when the culprits are right under ur noses.
Has anybody complained to the management yet?
Till that happens and feedback is obtained it's not fair to point a finger.
People carry out rolls back home, not exempting the cleaners.
If tissue is supposed to be there then it means there is a budget allocated for that by the management so kuna mtu in the process eating the rolls.

They can check their cctvs washike mwizi.
But again a ladies wouldnt complain of such cz we are always armed
Au wacha kuzoea public loos.

I tried opening their website but "the cow refused"! What else can one do?
hamburglar
#19 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 5:04:28 PM

premio wrote:
Ham this is not a little incident as u think, Artcaffe have no fault coz they pay hundreds of thousands to westgate mall to make sure that their clients are comfortable.If u had read the thread well u wud have realized that the first time i treated it as a one off but not yesterday. I dine out at KFC Juntion, Galleria mall and yaya and beleive me their gents are clean and always stocked.

I agree with you Premio, if it's a repeat offender then there is definitely a problem there. I guess I didn't completely read your post and missed out on the part that said that it had happened before. My bad for jumping the gun...If it's something that has happened more than once then you are right on shedding light on the issue so that others can be aware and maybe even best case scenario, arte cafe can be notified one way or the other....

But with that being said, I tend to think that maybe somebody (janitorial staff maybe) might be making away with the TP...It might even be some rogue customer stooping low (literally)...I am having a hard time trying to reconcile how an establishment like that would drop the ball on such a trivial thing as TP....Customer service especially in the service industry is hugely paramount and I doubt that they would be so careless as to ruin their reputation with something as mundane as that....I think somebody (subordinate staff maybe) is stealing the TP or the janitorial company is not stocking TP as required....

I am willing to cut Westgate some slack on this because I just have a feeling that it's not really their fault, somebody is doing them dirty and they are oblivious of the fact....If it was some random hole in the wall bar somewhere missing TP, I wouldn't be as surprised because unfortunately, I kind of half-expect something like that to happen in a random run of the mill bar, but by my estimation, westgate should be above the TP shenanigans.....
jaggernaut
#20 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 5:16:40 PM

Don't they have supervisors who ensure that everything is running ok? I normally see cleaning staff permanently stationed in the washrooms at Westgate and they must know when things run out. Maybe they lock the tissue when logging off. That said this is totally unacceptable and has never happened even at my local pub.