wazua Wed, Sep 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Mark Juma Mtambo
pilgrimage
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2012 11:30:49 PM

Dear Customer,the IMEI number you submitted is invalid......
This is the message i got after submitting the IMEI number of my original xxx.Now lets get some things straight (or crooked for that matter) here.
1.How can original phone have an invalid IMEI NO.
2.All phones that entered this country legally;KRA has collected tax from them.who allowed these fakes/counterfeits in the first place and why did KRA collect tax from counterfeits and fakes.Shame on you
.Airtime has been used on these phones and the govt collects taxes on this also.another illegality.KRA should therefore refund that tax for us to use on genuine phones.Shame on you

come September 30th
Please guys back up your data (phone numbers.passwords,PIN Nos (hata ya Equity)and all those things you don' memorise)because if the threat to switch off is implemented,there will be WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH. Sad Sad
Elder
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 5:42:21 AM

You buy a fake phone and now blame the government! Eat crow.
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
sparkly
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 7:28:57 AM

These phones went through preshipment inspection to ensure they meet KBS standards. The standard fees were paid. Now govt says they are fake. How now?
Life is short. Live passionately.
Impunity
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 2:06:38 PM

sparkly wrote:
These phones went through preshipment inspection to ensure they meet KBS standards. The standard fees were paid. Now govt says they are fake. How now?

The KRA standards were themselves substandard and so the phones that passed the KRA inspection.
Sad
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

alustaadh
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 3:11:43 PM

I checked my 3 phones and are fine...hata china iko na 'original' zake. The switch off will only affect acces to network. However the data stored on your simcard, phone memory and memory card will not be affected.

Was suprised to see a TECHNO android phone........wonder if that is original too.......wenye TECHNO,mumeona IMEI za simu zenu?
It is humiliating to be associated with thieves and murderers.
pilgrimage
#6 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2012 9:03:10 PM

@ elder; FYI my phones are originals.what i was simply saying is that some people are preying on kenyans.some big shot somewhere has already made his millions and kenyans will pay.
Have you seen the thousands of these fake phones littering the small shops everywhere.the funny thing pple are still buying them.
murchr
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:13:34 AM

When are they switching Mr. Mtambo off?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
mkeiyd
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2012 11:02:53 AM

sparkly wrote:

@sparkly,Most of them don't go thru' any pre-shipment inspection. Have you seen any CoC?
lynx
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2012 4:41:34 PM

It's been a bad cellphone week in terms of customer service for me

and Switching of Juma mtambo ..mmmm maybe not a good idea especially if the kind of warranty service we will get from the likes of Samsung is so poor that their numbers don't work and when they do the calls are disconnected, without being answered.

Does anyone out there have a working number for samsung customer care or even their offices..or are they a "ghost company"
If you knew that candlelight is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.
savant
#10 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2012 2:01:27 PM

@lynx I believe their offices are at Mayfair Suites,along Parklands Rd. Also been meaning to pass by there for some time now.
Généralement, les gens qui savant peu parlent becoup, et les gens qui savant beaucoup parlent peu.
- Rousseau.
Dangi
#11 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2012 5:11:42 PM

lynx wrote:

Does anyone out there have a working number for samsung customer care or even their offices..or are they a "ghost company"

Hope this'll help...
Tell - +254 20 3752371 /2 /3 /5 /6
Fax - +254 20 3752378...

Other than the headoffice @ Mayfair suites,u can also visit the service centre along Groovelane rd(westlands)
Take care of the penny & the shilling will take care of itself
accelriskconsult
#12 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2012 6:09:16 PM

The fake phone vendors will have reduced prices to prey on the gullible.
chiaroscuro
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 1:33:17 PM

pilgrimage wrote:
This is the message i got after submitting the IMEI number of my original xxx.Now lets get some things straight (or crooked for that matter) here.
2.All phones that entered this country legally;KRA has collected tax from them.who allowed these fakes/counterfeits in the first place and why did KRA collect tax from counterfeits and fakes.Shame on you
.Airtime has been used on these phones and the govt collects taxes on this also.another illegality.KRA should therefore refund that tax for us to use on genuine phones.Shame on you

come September 30th
Please guys back up your data (phone numbers.passwords,PIN Nos (hata ya Equity)and all those things you don' memorise)because if the threat to switch off is implemented,there will be WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH. Sad Sad

Have you ascertained that you phone did not come through some panya route?

Since you don't know, this is why CCK is giving you a chance to verify via the network... and this story has been going on for a very long time, so don't say there was not enough notice!

If you are confident that it is genuine, then return it to the shop where you bought it and ask for your money back!
jeynesdota
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 7:25:09 PM

pilgrimage wrote:

come September 30th

hi Pilgrimage.
if it says its invalid, it means u gave a wrong imei, maybe u missed a digit.
if it says its valid...its original
if it says not registered, then its fake.

u need to resend ua imei no to 1555
holycow
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 8:48:19 PM

For those who are on Safaricom, log in, online at

https://selfcare.safaricom.co.ke/

there after, go to PRODUCTS & SERVICES>PHONE BAR
you'll then get a list of all phones you've ever used on your phone, giving the IMEI and the model name, if IMEI is fake, it shall be listed as unknown. You can also get Mpesa statements for the past 3 months etc.

Alternatively, try SUPPORT>INTERNET DATA SETTTINGS, you shall be shown your phone model and number.
abdulrahman
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 4:20:17 PM

Mark Juma Mutambo isnt going anywhere.

1. The first week will see safaricom loose alot of business and will bribe the CCK to give another 3 months extension.

2. There will be protracted court cases where people including me will be challenging the govt for allowing the importation of fake phones. NB, Taxes are paid for the phones if you did not know, whether fake or original and thats why the govt cannot raid the phone shops but instead targeting wanjiku.
pilgrimage
#17 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2012 7:46:36 PM

@holycow
thanks.wonderful resource.didnt know it existed.i have also discovered that that IMEI displayed there is different from the one my phone displays (the last numbers do not tally)

@jeynesdota
did it twice,thrice ....but you have a point coz (see above)
pilgrimage
#18 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2012 7:54:09 PM

@abdulrahman
I am with you on the second point but not on the first one.eeeh!
jaggernaut
#19 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2012 8:05:49 PM

I've just got this message after sending the text to 1555:
Dear Customer, the IMEI you submitted is valid for SAMSUNG GALAXY III, Manufactured by SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS.
Sarrouniya
#20 Posted : Thursday, August 09, 2012 8:47:10 PM

jaggernaut wrote:
I've just got this message after sending the text to 1555:
Dear Customer, the IMEI you submitted is valid for SAMSUNG GALAXY III, Manufactured by SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS.

smile
|The Universe will correspond to the nature of your song ...