wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

63 Pages123>»
UNAITAS
BGL
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:37:09 PM

Adopted from the star newspaper

Muramati renamed, set to roll out countrywide

Muramati Savings and Credit Co-operatives yesterday changed its identity to Unaitas as part of its re-branding in readiness for countrywide expansion and planned listing at the Nairobi Securities Exchange. The 19 year old SACCO had its operations concentrated in Central province with its base in Murang'a town. Outside the central region, Muramati has outlets in Nairobi and Kajiado having grown from a membership of less than 4,000 to more than 140,000 and an asset base in excess of Sh2.8 billion by 2011.

The SACCO Chief executive Tony Mwangi said their objectives include listing at the Nairobi Securities Exchange and spreading their operations to as many African countries as possible. He said they have invested Sh200 million in land around the Konza ICT city with the hope reaping maximum benefits when the city is fully developed. He said they are also drafting their own credit reference books to informally share with banks before a framework to include SACCOs and microfinance institutions in the credit referencing scope is formulated.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
mkeiyd
#2 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2012 5:07:26 PM

I saw the re-branded [if that's what it is] and i must say i was worried a lil' bit fearing the worst.
Thanks for the info above.
hobbit
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2012 6:02:03 PM

Wise steps taken as long as the management is well focused...
youcan'tstopusnow
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 4:18:33 PM

BGL, where can I get the financial reports of this company? I can't seem to find it on the company website.
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Horton
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 4:38:39 PM

youcan'tstopusnow
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 22, 2012 1:13:25 AM

Oh, I already saw your answer in a related thread. Thanks.
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Horton
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 12:19:29 AM

Hey. Proud owner of muramati.....sorry..... Unaitas shares:)
Hunderwear
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2012 10:59:01 AM

Horton wrote:
Hey. Proud owner of muramati.....sorry..... Unaitas shares:)

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause =d

Welcome brother lets build home grown enterprises and take kenya to where it belongs.Please invite your friends also
essyk
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2012 11:33:12 PM

I am following suit.
I never knew it existed but after checking their website and understanding it well? I' d rather hv my money there than in a bank growing moulds.

Am also doing aware with my safcom shares and deposit in unaitas.
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
Kenyan Oracle
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 9:02:59 AM

Mimi niko ndani. Just joined. I was quite impressed with their strategies & the new look. They've opened a branch in Kasarani & soon Nakuru. Don't want to be left out in the next Equity or CIC. Have a feeling this is gonna be BIG.
You lose money chasing women, but you never lose women chasing money - NAS
Hunderwear
#11 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 5:47:35 PM

I am following suit.
I never knew it existed but after checking their website and understanding it well? I' d rather hv my money there than in a bank growing moulds.

Am also doing aware with my safcom shares and deposit in unaitas

Kenyan Oracle wrote:
Mimi niko ndani. Just joined. I was quite impressed with their strategies & the new look. They've opened a branch in Kasarani & soon Nakuru. Don't want to be left out in the next Equity or CIC. Have a feeling this is gonna be BIG.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Welcome!!!!
bird_man
#12 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 11:52:57 PM

But when are they listing or when might share prices on OTC move up?No need to put your 10sh in there now for the next 4yrs if it will still be 10sh!
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
gatoho
#13 Posted : Monday, August 06, 2012 4:54:20 PM

bird_man wrote:
But when are they listing or when might share prices on OTC move up?No need to put your 10sh in there now for the next 4yrs if it will still be 10sh!

Ngonja ngonja Huumiza matumbo, You still have 9% divindeds which in IMO is not too shabby instead of playing Brinkmanship

They are on twirra too @unaitas
Foresight..
King G
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2012 5:31:24 PM

I have dealt with Mwangi before, bright nice chap. I hope he creates wealth!
Thieves
popat
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2012 3:39:01 PM

My principal of investing in shares has always been i'll put in money am prepared to loose in the worst case scenario and not my day to day operational money.With that in mind id see no harm in investing in OTC shares of UNAITAS over the long haul.Happy investing.
t-godd
#16 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2012 6:37:24 PM

popat wrote:
My principal of investing in shares has always been i'll put in money am prepared to loose in the worst case scenario and not my day to day operational money.With that in mind id see no harm in investing in OTC shares of UNAITAS over the long haul.Happy investing.

Problem is when they hit the OTC, prices might be much higher than they currently are. I just wish the company would be more open to investors and potential investors in terms of financial reports. @BGL, you had previously intimated that you are able to obtain information from the inner circle if you need it. Were you successful?
L-TOWNS OWN SINCE '90
BGL
#17 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2012 6:50:52 PM

t-godd wrote:
popat wrote:

Problem is when they hit the OTC, prices might be much higher than they currently are. I just wish the company would be more open to investors and potential investors in terms of financial reports. @BGL, you had previously intimated that you are able to obtain information from the inner circle if you need it. Were you successful?

No! unfortunately.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
t-godd
#18 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2012 7:30:28 PM

BGL wrote:
t-godd wrote:
popat wrote:

No! unfortunately.

Okay. Thank you for replying.
L-TOWNS OWN SINCE '90
georgegop
#19 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2012 6:49:54 PM

CMA approves Unaitas Sacco’s share offer http://www.businessdaily...62/-/5mqb9l/-/index.html
Don't Work for Money, Let Money Work for You..
eco
#20 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 11:27:08 AM

[quote=georgegop]CMA approves Unaitas Sacco’s share offer http://www.businessdaily...2/-/5mqb9l/-/index.html[/quote]

Time to board this bus at 10 bob. With CMA watching, UNAITAS can now sell shares and expand further, then lock the register a while later and go to OTC to unlock the value. A Bank in the making indeed.