wazua Tue, Apr 30, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
How Safaricom Steals Your Internet Bundle
boyd
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 9:24:24 AM

“When you go into a petrol station and fill up your car, does the owner of the petrol station tell you to bring it back on Wednesday to take back what’s left in the vehicle? Of course not. So I ask, why the hell are we doing that?”

http://whiteafrican.com/...ls-your-internet-bundle/
nakujua
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 10:50:41 AM

this is what happens when you have a monopoly multitudes of saf-sheeps who dont mind being exploited despite the various alternatives available.
AlphDoti
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 11:44:06 AM

boyd wrote:
“When you go into a petrol station and fill up your car, does the owner of the petrol station tell you to bring it back on Wednesday to take back what’s left in the vehicle? Of course not. So I ask, why the hell are we doing that?”

http://whiteafrican.com/...s-your-internet-bundle/

No one is cheating you blo. How on earth did you think bundles lasts forever? That's why you subscribe to them and they are cheap bundles and therefore have expiry date.

Do you mean someone can go buy something he/she does not know how it works! Exactly the same way bundle products work all over the world.

Maybe you can suggest to the service provider how to come up with products that serve subscriber better and still enable provider to make money.
aemathenge
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 11:47:01 AM

nakujua wrote:
this is what happens when you have a monopoly multitudes of saf-sheeps who dont mind being exploited despite the various alternatives available.

I hate to believe that @Nakunjua is one of those people who believe Nairobi is Kenya.

For a vast majority of us, Safcom is the only available option at what your kind so condenscendingly call "mashinani".

Dwell on it.
tom_boy
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 12:28:50 PM

Yenyewe Safcon iko down tu sana. The issues highlited pissed me off a long time ago. I never buy Safcon bundles, whether data or sms. Thats why I use Orange which has good speeds within nairobi. Kama uko mashinani, .. pole.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
chiaroscuro
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:18:37 PM

I don't think it's theft.

The 1.5GB for sh1,000, for example, is a SPECIAL OFFER and like all special offers, it comes with CONDITIONS... one those conditions is use the bundle within 30 days...

The reaction by Bob was mistaken, in my view. perhaps he felt ambushed...
Tebes
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:41:14 PM

chiaroscuro wrote:
I don't think it's theft.

The 1.5GB for sh1,000, for example, is a SPECIAL OFFER and like all special offers, it comes with CONDITIONS... one those conditions is use the bundle within 30 days...

The reaction by Bob was mistaken, in my view. perhaps he felt ambushed...

When is the offer ending? Till kingdom come?
"Never regret, if its good, its wonderful. If its bad, its experience."
muganda
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 3:43:06 PM

@chiaroscuro, may not be theft but something reeks...

All of a sudden data bundles cannot be carried forward after expiry, and at the bottom of the last page of a bland document which doesn't even carry the Safaricom logo... http://www.safaricom.co.ke/file...nts/SCRATCHCARD_FAQs.pdf

Will I get an extension on the expiry date of my data bundles if I activate another data bundle before expiry of my current bundle?
Your bundles will not be carried over; they will expire on the said validity period from the time of purchase and cannot be used. The new bundle purchased will have its own validity and expiry date.

So how do users discover the notice, only when their bundles go missing. Then consider this practice:
1. Safaricom notifies you by SMS when your data bundle is almost finished or exhausted
2. But no, in the case of expiry they would rather it disappears, then use up any airtime on your line
3. When you discover belatedly, there is no recourse only to let bygones be bygones and buy another bundle to start the vicious cycle

bkismat
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 4:05:57 PM

@chias and @alpha no matter how you try to put this it is outright theft by safaricom. I dont think they should be left to get away with this.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
bkismat
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 4:09:52 PM

bkismat wrote:
@chias and @alpha no matter how you try to put this it is outright theft by safaricom. I dont think they should be left to get away with this.

and some of us have no choice on the issue coz sufferingcon is the only realible data provider in some areas of this country.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
bkismat
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 4:12:33 PM

http://www.safaricom.co....nts/SCRATCHCARD_FAQs.pdf
-Mark Twain
Jus Blazin
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 4:40:47 PM

Checking on their website:

If the bundle expires, you will not be able to access or reactivate any data balance;
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
nakujua
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 4:41:11 PM

aemathenge wrote:
nakujua wrote:

I hate to believe that @Nakunjua is one of those people who believe Nairobi is Kenya.

For a vast majority of us, Safcom is the only available option at what your kind so condenscendingly call "mashinani".

Dwell on it.

kwani Nairobi si kenya smile

which majority, and where are those majority who do not have an alternative - unless hauko Kenya.

give me a place with vast majority of safcom users where there exists no alternative - and I will point you to a liar
aemathenge
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 7:01:58 PM

nakujua wrote:

give me a place with vast majority of safcom users where there exists no alternative - and I will point you to a liar

Such is the profound pity that you are so SPOILED for choice that you would not even contemplate parts of Kenya where data service providers cannot be relied upon to provide a reliable enough service.

A pity indeed.
maka
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 7:16:33 PM

...Allow me to digress a bit I have been having issues with my top up,at times you top up ang get like 10 bob deducted I think they have an issue with their billing system...
possunt quia posse videntur
digitek1
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 7:34:51 PM

they should be sued class action suit
I may be wrong..but then I could be right
tom_boy
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 8:26:08 PM

Is there a consumer lobby group that one can report such cases. I think its grossly unfair and underhand for safaricon to shout from the roof tops about their bundles but whisper in the darkness when something fundamental changes in the way the bundles are operationalized. They should be required to shout equally loud when they change something substantial in a commodity.

I would liken it to a cooking fat manufacturing company which advertises loudly that its products are cholesterol free and then suddenly stop advertising but continue producing the same commodity but this time with cholesterol in it.

Is there no recourse for the Kenyan consumer? What about the issue of KAPS tickets at UHMC as mentioned here http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...px?g=posts&t=17365, they are still stealing from consumers...... I wish I could sue them...... may be one day I will but I need to figure out how to gather the evidence then I will try make them pay.Sad
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
nakujua
#18 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 8:48:47 PM

aemathenge wrote:
nakujua wrote:

Such is the profound pity that you are so SPOILED for choice that you would not even contemplate parts of Kenya where data service providers cannot be relied upon to provide a reliable enough service.

A pity indeed.

would you be kind enough to please mention the place(s)
Jus Blazin
#19 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 8:57:49 PM

maka wrote:
...Allow me to digress a bit I have been having issues with my top up,at times you top up ang get like 10 bob deducted I think they have an issue with their billing system...

Or maybe ulikuwa umeokoa jahazi.d'oh!
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
essyk
#20 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2012 10:17:37 PM

But why buy a 1.5GB if you are not a heavy internet user?
Si that's why they have given u options to enable u buy according to ur usage.

If I buy 5 kgs of sugar for a month and I use 2kgs,will I take it back and demand money for the 3kg I didn't utilize?

Buy smaller bundles to last u the time ur online and u will never suffer expiry issues.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.