wazua Wed, Sep 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
with Kenya TVs going Digital will My TV gift from US work
gesowan
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 8:01:48 PM

Sometime back my cousin in the US gifted me a TV but it does not work..will the Digital box help??
QW25091985
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 8:37:41 PM

Leave that alone. What about my black and white greatwall tv .
Will it blow up if it gets that digital signal.
gesowan
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 8:56:08 PM

@QW25091985 i am very serious this Box might help my NTSC tv work on our PAL system....
Jus Blazin
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 9:23:56 PM

QW25091985 wrote:

Culture shock!
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
vinii
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 9:45:32 PM

Jus Blazin wrote:
QW25091985 wrote:

Culture shock!

Hii mambo ni PS Ndemo anaweza tatua
If you are an eagle don't hang around with chickens; chickens don't fly....
masukuma
#6 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2012 7:50:51 AM

gesowan wrote:
Sometime back my cousin in the US gifted me a TV but it does not work..will the Digital box help??

the information on this question is not enough to assist you - its like the whole of US has one TV model!! ama unataka kutuambia juu ya gift yako...KUTOKA USA?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Elder
#7 Posted : Friday, April 13, 2012 10:32:20 AM

masukuma wrote:
gesowan wrote:

the information on this question is not enough to assist you - its like the whole of US has one TV model!! ama unataka kutuambia juu ya gift yako...KUTOKA USA?

Think it is to do with the NTSC.
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
nostoppingthis
#8 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2012 4:52:19 PM

@Gesowan, did you get assistance? How did you go about it?
harrydre
#9 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2012 7:04:49 PM

gesowan wrote:

we have a very bad habit of accepting everything we are given. This leads to a Culture of BEGGING. We have begged for everything, relief food, aid, inheritance wealth, "gifts from US/UK" etc. The cost of sending you that TV would have been enough to buy you a 52" on luthuli and promote local business. Next time ask him to keep his obsolete gifts to him/herself. probably that's why it's not even working. If you drive along dumpsters in US, you will find all sorts of electronics and furniture dumped. Probably your so called cousin just grabbed one and sent it.

Sad Sad Sad
i.am.back!!!!
pariah
#10 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2012 7:07:11 PM

harrydre wrote:
gesowan wrote:

we have a very bad habit of accepting everything we are given. This leads to a Culture of BEGGING. We have begged for everything, relief food, aid, inheritance wealth, "gifts from US/UK" etc. The cost of sending you that TV would have been enough to buy you a 52" on luthuli and promote local business. Next time ask him to keep his obsolete gifts to him/herself. probably that's why it's not even working. If you drive along dumpsters in US, you will find all sorts of electronics and furniture dumped. Probably your so called cousin just grabbed one and sent it.

Sad Sad Sad

machungu ya nini?
gesowan
#11 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2012 9:12:36 PM

So far no help matusi tuuu but a gift is a gift
pariah
#12 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2012 9:15:46 PM

gesowan wrote:

kuna wakenya wengine wakienda majuu wanaanza ku criticize every little thing about watu wa home, they ve been thoroughly brain washed and have little self esteem, achana na wao

they just want you to know wako majuu in every little post or comment, ignore them and hope utapata solution soon
nostoppingthis
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 8:15:19 AM

gesowan wrote:

Pole sana!! I have an NTSC that I would like to convert to PAL...even got the converter, but hakuna fundi nimepata who can do this...yet this TV has been used locally...
Um Sayala
#14 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 8:23:59 AM

harrydre wrote:
gesowan wrote:

Sad Sad Sad

Panganga mingi ya nini asubuhi hii (Its 8:23 in kenya), If you want to assist gesowan go ahead, sio ma lectuters za Common Units, like FSU.
"Peace is our profession, War is our business" ...Unknown
QW25091985
#15 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 8:29:02 AM

gesowan wrote:

an indirect way of saying you bought a tv and dnt know if it will work with the new digital platform ! LOL
Wendz
#16 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 11:14:21 AM

harrydre wrote:
gesowan wrote:

Sad Sad Sad

You dont even know how it was sent... may be its even new! And may be it was shipped together with stuff the cousin wanted to send home anyway and not on its own.... In any case, he didnt say he begged, he said he was given.... i've friends who've sent me gifts without even asking, and i've done the same (and as a matter of personal principle, if i ask, i pay for it)..... And, many times they've "begged" me to buy them Roico, Blue Band, Kenyan coffee etc... ama hiyo si begging? Another friend of mine brought a phone to his father from UK and it refused to work.... hata hiyo imetoka "dumpsters"?
Ms Mkenya
#17 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 12:53:04 PM

Wendz wrote:
harrydre wrote:
gesowan wrote:

Sad Sad Sad

You dont even know how it was sent... may be its even new! And may be it was shipped together with stuff the cousin wanted to send home anyway and not on its own.... In any case, he didnt say he begged, he said he was given.... i've friends who've sent me gifts without even asking, and i've done the same (and as a matter of personal principle, if i ask, i pay for it)..... And, many times they've "begged" me to buy them Roico, Blue Band, Kenyan coffee etc... ama hiyo si begging? Another friend of mine brought a phone to his father from UK and it refused to work.... hata hiyo imetoka "dumpsters"?

I think we all know who has the 'begging' mentality here, don't we?
....above all, to stand.
nostoppingthis
#18 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2012 12:31:12 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
gesowan wrote:

Pole sana!! I have an NTSC that I would like to convert to PAL...even got the converter, but hakuna fundi nimepata who can do this...yet this TV has been used locally...

3 months down the line and I can't get a Kenyan who can fix this thing???!!!!! converter ile niko nayo ni ya HDMI output, but TV haina input ya HDMI....anyone need this converter? Anyone with a good fundi? contacts?
mzeeotivo
#19 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 12:18:04 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
nostoppingthis wrote:
gesowan wrote:

3 months down the line and I can't get a Kenyan who can fix this thing???!!!!! converter ile niko nayo ni ya HDMI output, but TV haina input ya HDMI....anyone need this converter? Anyone with a good fundi? contacts?

Sadly, no constructive responses to address gesowan's inquiry...

Nostoppingthis, do you still have the HDMI converter that wouldn't work for you? Inbox me @ mzeeotivo at yahoo dot com please.
gesowan
#20 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 5:04:31 AM

oh yes i decided to have tha TV as a decoration in my room ,but am happy to learn a convertor might work....i was told even DSTV cannot help....