kyt
#241 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:58:03 PM

boss, this stuff is insightful. respectj
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
Aguytrying
#242 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:18:25 PM

http://uk.finance.yahoo....ensive-than-london.html

Nairobi could be the new Luanda-Angola if we manage our resources well
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
murchr
#243 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:01:39 AM

An independent assessment of Simba Energy’s (CVE:SMB) wholly owned Kenyan asset, exploration block 2A, estimates the area could contain as much as 1.9 billion barrels of oil.
Simba today revealed that the new competent persons report, based on existing 2D seismic data, defined three prospective leads. The report was compiled by the firm’s consultant Sproule Associates.
And it estimates the leads may contain 1.927 billion barrels of ‘undiscovered petroleum in-place’.
From that figure it is estimated that 445.3 million barrels of oil could be recoverable, and they are termed ‘gross unrisked prospective resources’.

Link
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Nabwire
#244 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:28:48 AM

Murchr the map only shows the blocks but it doesnt state which companies own them. It would be great to have a map showing the companies, though I have a rough idea from the articles which company owns what, there are some blocks which have not yet been accounted for.
murchr
#245 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:54:35 AM

Nabwire wrote:
Murchr the map only shows the blocks but it doesnt state which companies own them. It would be great to have a map showing the companies, though I have a rough idea from the articles which company owns what, there are some blocks which have not yet been accounted for.

Click on it, its going to enlarge then below there u will see an index with the allocations
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
hisah
#246 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:21:39 AM

kyt wrote:
boss, this stuff is insightful. respectj

These days info is on social media - FB, twitter, blogs,forums etc. Damp the newspaper & TV (mainstream media) if you want to stay ahead of the game...
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
hisah
#247 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:24:44 AM

murchr wrote:
An independent assessment of Simba Energy’s (CVE:SMB) wholly owned Kenyan asset, exploration block 2A, estimates the area could contain as much as 1.9 billion barrels of oil.
Simba today revealed that the new competent persons report, based on existing 2D seismic data, defined three prospective leads. The report was compiled by the firm’s consultant Sproule Associates.
And it estimates the leads may contain 1.927 billion barrels of ‘undiscovered petroleum in-place’.
From that figure it is estimated that 445.3 million barrels of oil could be recoverable, and they are termed ‘gross unrisked prospective resources’.

Link

My curiosity is on the rig being sent to the lake side in western KE region. Tullow doesn't guess things...
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
kizee1
#248 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 11:16:59 AM

hisah wrote:
murchr wrote:

Link

My curiosity is on the rig being sent to the lake side in western KE region. Tullow doesn't guess things...

migingo?
hisah
#249 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 2:24:44 PM

@Kizee - http://kenya411.com/tull...s-it-scales-up-drilling/
murchr
#250 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:48:31 PM

kizee1 wrote:
hisah wrote:
murchr wrote:

Link

migingo?

Lol....Even Migingo M7 told us that the stone is in Kenya but the waters belong to UG trust me he never meant the fish

@Hisah have u noticed that they have acquired the 7th exploration block...interesting i must say smile
Mainat
#251 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 8:16:52 AM

25% immediate buying opportunity
Sehemu ndio nyumba
gatoho
#252 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 9:08:09 PM

@nabwire Mainat and murchr and To all in the know, who do I use to buy Simba in the US? ING don't do them
Foresight..
Nabwire
#253 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:55:17 PM

Since Simba is a non US company you'd have to buy it from OTC market or sometimes you have to buy it from the pinksheets. Depending on your brokerage firm, you will be charged an extra fee to buy and sell it. Mine charged $50 and its under symbol SMBZF.
hisah
#254 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2012 8:04:57 AM

Nabwire wrote:
Since Simba is a non US company you'd have to buy it from OTC market or sometimes you have to buy it from the pinksheets. Depending on your brokerage firm, you will be charged an extra fee to buy and sell it. Mine charged $50 and its under symbol SMBZF.

That is why I also put the OTC symbols in my earlier response.
gatoho
#255 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2012 9:39:18 AM

Nabwire wrote:

Thanks I got it, and they gave me @9.99. which Other handles can I get that have massive blocks? Simba said they have just the one block but are drilling offshore in liberia. The Vanguard guys are kinda expensive
Foresight..
murchr
#256 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2012 3:58:11 PM

Africa Oil Corp. (CVE:AOI) (PINK:AOIFF) stock price got affect by a dispute between the local authorities concerning the distribution of would be royalties from the company's oil sales.
AOI share price collapsed nearly 15% in what seems to be a slightly exaggerated panic. The trading volume wasn't too significant though at 2.2 million, which was only slightly above the daily average of 1.7 million.

Link

Wonders never cease.....apparently this reaction was caused by a newspaper article that run on the star that is purported to be false..Hogwash press ..someone says that they have drilled to 2700m and the results are so good, so this news was meant to rally the price down so that they can get in..nkt!
hisah
#257 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2012 4:43:00 PM

Mainat wrote:

I wonder how many opportunities will come by like that 15% collapse. Someone is forcing the price down for a better buy entry smile

@murchr - Thanks to that newspaper article for offering a price reversal this big. I need this thing to come back to the $7 handle or lower to $5 for the next buy grab smile

murchr
#258 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2012 5:08:20 PM

hisah wrote:
Mainat wrote:

I wonder how many opportunities will come by like that 15% collapse. Someone is forcing the price down for a better buy entry smile

@murchr - Thanks to that newspaper article for offering a price reversal this big. I need this thing to come back to the $7 handle or lower to $5 for the next buy grab smile

smile
Nabwire
#259 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2012 7:43:30 PM

Gatoho ING sold it to you at a $9.99 fee? Thats cool, question, how much do they charge you everytime you buy and sell? Any maintenance fees?
The biggest block owner is Africa oil/ Tullow, but im in Simba purely for speculative purposes, im hoping they will be bought out. And also the stock usually has great gains at the open, one day it was up 23% at open then closed flat.

This newspaper editor needs to be lobbied to keep printing such articles.. haha hio price ishuke.

Murchr do you have a map for Somalia and Ethipia block ownership?
murchr
#260 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2012 8:14:46 PM

Nabwire wrote:

This newspaper editor needs to be lobbied to keep printing such articles.. haha hio price ishuke.

Murchr do you have a map for Somalia and Ethipia block ownership?

No i have no maps but Africa oil is in Somalia and Tullow is in Ethiopia