wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
Understanding Satellite Free To Air (FTA) TV & radio Channels.
Sandu
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2012 1:27:23 PM

Hi members, i hope this post will shed light in Understanding Satellite Free To Air (FTA) TV & radio Channels (TV & Radio Channels available freely on our space via satellite).

a) TV & Radio Channels can be classified into the following modes of transmission (i.e. how the content gets transported from the source to the viewer/listener).
i) Terrestrial/Earth Mode: This is the most common and known method of transmission whereby the content is passed via transmitters fixed on land to the viewers. The viewers receive it via Aerials, 'Rabbit ears' and pass it to the TVs or Radio Receivers. ii) Satellite Mode: In satellite mode, content is transferred from the source to the viewers through satellites. Communication satellites are located in an orbit called Geostationary orbit/Clarke belt which is 36000 above the earth hence the signal cover (satellite footprint) is more than a third of the earth,(It is this aspect that makes a Kenyan citizen deep in the county receive a crystal clear radio from Australia, or a perfect live match form Mozambique, a Movie channel beamed from far east, and so on.)
iii) Cable Mode: The content is sent to the end users via cable. I'm not very sure whether we have such providers in Kenya but i hear there is one in parklands.
iv) Internet Mode: Content (Radio & TV Channels) are transmitted via a fast internet connection. We have several online TV & radio channels but connection speed becomes a challenge.

Now let me target the Satellite mode:
Broadcasts done via satellite mode can be sub-categorized into two subcategories:
i) Pay TV & Radio Channels/Broadcasts: In the simplest explanation; these are the channels that you have to pay to view the content. The providers for these broadcasts encrypt/scramble the channels so that anyone who wants to view them has to pay the subscription fee. A key thing I would wish to point out is that quite a number of channels are not owned by these providers. They pay loyalties for them. Second point worthy noting is that a big chunk of these channels are provided by the owners freely i.e. the FTA’s (they are not encrypted). In a nutshell, we pay quite a big percentage of broadcasts that are offered freely by owners owing to the fact that not many citizens know about their free existence.
ii) Free To Air (FTA) TV & Radio Channels/Broadcasts: These are channels that are offered by the content owners freely. The owners don’t scramble/encrypt them i.e. they are clear. Let’s understand Free to Air (FTAs) by taking a country like Kenya. In Kenya, we have free channels like KBC, K24, KTN, Citizen, Family, KTN, EATV, NTV, Kiss, CapitalFM, HopeFM, Muuga, Inooro, Classic, name them. Do you pay to view or listen them? The answer is NO. These examples of Kenyan Free to Air (FTAs) They are offered freely to us the viewers. Isn’t? YES. Note that these channels are available via terrestrial & satellite modes that we learnt earlier. Now, we take Tanzania our neighbor; they have their free to air channels just like us. They have channels like TBC, ITV, StarTV, Capital, Channel10, Radio jambo, Simbafm, and so many others. They are provided freely just like ours. But you strongly need to note that you CANNOT be able to receive these TZ channels here in Kenya via terrestrial mode, but with satellite, ohhh yes even in the remotest part of Kenya. Every country in the world has FTA broadcasts and via satellite platform we are able to receive them deep in our villages here in Kenya. (Did I mention to you that some Kenyan Channels available in Nairobi via aerial/terrestrial/earth mode don’t reach most of us here in villages through the same mode....but via satellite mode, we receive them in the clearest state ever, clearer than someone with an aerial in NRB, Coverage advantage is due to the fact that the satellites are far high (As we learnt (36000KM above the earth). Clarity advantage is because broadcasts via satellite platform (DVB-S) are in digital format and that’s why Digital Satellite Decoder forms part of the FTA Unit.
Points worthy noting:
a) FTA broadcasts are LEGALLY free. They are far from being pirated broadcasts.
b) Quite a chunk of channels you pay for are offered freely by the providers.
c) To receive FTA broadcasts, one requires a FTA Unit (Dish-(Parabola), Decoder, LNBs, Connectors, Cables and related components) installed and focused by an expert to the satellite(s) transmitting the desired channels.
Sanduri Entertainment, a registered & licensed enterprise passionately sets out to enable end-users acquire this piece of technology (Satellite FTA broadcasts) by providing awareness of Satellite FTAs, providing equipment needed to receive these FTA (FTA Units), doing the installations, training and offering any support. It’s worthy noting that we are against signal hacking/piracy (Industrial Sabotage) which is also against our laws. We promote users to enjoy what is offered freely & LEGALLY free.
Tebes
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2012 1:55:18 PM

Just say how much you are selling the FTA Unit (Dish-(Parabola), Decoder, LNBs, Connectors, Cables and related components, less installation charges? Unless you want a ride to Tot.
"Never regret, if its good, its wonderful. If its bad, its experience."
junior
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2012 2:02:01 PM

Tebes wrote:
Just say how much you are selling the FTA Unit (Dish-(Parabola), Decoder, LNBs, Connectors, Cables and related components, less installation charges? Unless you want a ride to Tot.

plus
both with and without installation cost in nairobi and other major towns
bkismat
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2012 2:12:28 PM

@ Sandu call a spade as spade not a big spoon. You are sellling and hoping we can buy.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
quicksand
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2012 3:13:04 PM

Tebes wrote:

Watu wana wembe sana hapa ....Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly can't slip anything past them in any way or form
Sandu
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2012 5:29:34 PM

@members, thank you for your queries. It's good to clarify that we are more passionate in satellite communications and yes there is a margin but that is not what drives us. Satellite FTA 'hunting' is more of a commercialized hobby. We start with creating awareness/education and then let guys do their own facts finding. Actually we give guys like a year for facts finding. I would encourage any members who have queries/concerns/comments on satellite free to air broadcasts to forward them so that we can learn this precious technology together.
For those requesting for quotes, kindly use the following address: sandurientertainment@gmail.com. Also remember to state your location (or intended location for the installation).
junior
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2012 7:00:16 PM

@sandu. post here the prices at Nairobi and its close Suburb for all to see and compare. why secrecy in pricing? The 4Ps in marketing- sema kila kitu - PRODUCT, PRICE, PROMOTION & PLACE.
Drobos fly
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2012 7:54:17 PM

junior wrote:
@sandu. post here the prices at Nairobi and its close Suburb for all to see and compare. why secrecy in pricing? The 4Ps in marketing- sema kila kitu - PRODUCT, PRICE, PROMOTION & PLACE.

The gist behind secrecy is so that the price is kept stably high and the market is controlled easily. The other challenge is that there may be a competitor here who is just waiting to see what price is posted and counter offer competitively. So if sandu is confident in the price quote then you will see some quote really soon otherwise if the price is high utaonwa kando ndio umangwe vilivyo! Now, awareness is something sandu has come out openly and publicized, why not post the price quotes if competition isn't going to be a problem due to the high prices? Besides even Pierce of (colognes and perfumes) quotes prices for everyone to see without even being confronted about it.
Lolest!
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2012 8:59:03 PM

@Sandu, please give us examples of FTA channels that are currently on Pay TV(apart from Kenyan stations)
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
newfarer
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 07, 2012 10:25:39 PM

talking too much saying nothing
punda amecheka
Sandu
#11 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2012 9:19:11 PM

Movies Edition: 13550/= (90 CM Dish, 1 KU-Band LNB, Decoder, 30 Metres Cable (Black –UV Treated), 1 Pair of RF Connectors, 1 Pair of F-Connectors, Remote Control).Transportation to Site, Installation fee, Training & support (Included in the Amount).
Hybrid Edition: 18990/= (6Ft Dish, Decoder, 2Ku-Band LNBs, 1 C-Band LNB, 30 Metres Cable (Black –UV Treated), 1 Diseqc Switch, 1 Pair of RF Connectors, 5 Pairs of F-Connectors, Remote Control & LNB Holders).
Sandu
#12 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2012 9:24:39 PM

@elder: Panorama Action, CNN, France 24, Fashion, MTV, Bloomberg, they are many...i wish you can provide a way to send you the pdf files with the channels. I'm telling you there are quite a number that you won't get even if you wanted to pay. e.g Fox Movies (Movies).

 Play Movies (Movies).
 Top Movies (Movies).
 Dubai One (Movies).
 MBC Persia (Movies).
 Kanal 4 (Movies).

 L.T.B (Movies).
 Claquette TV (Movies).
 55555 TV Movies (Movies).
 Althanya (Movies).
 E-mail@TV (Movies).
Drobos fly
#13 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 10:02:40 PM

@Sandu Do you have anything portable that one can plug in a laptop via USB?
If you do have then how much does it cost?
Sandu
#14 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 6:02:51 PM

@ Drobos Fly,
No, we don't have.
ngapat
#15 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 6:45:32 PM

@sandu
Where can i learn how to install and set-up satellite dishes
“Invest in yourself. Your career is the engine of your wealth.”
livie
#16 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 1:28:35 PM

Sandu wrote:
@elder: Panorama Action, CNN, France 24, Fashion, MTV, Bloomberg, they are many...i wish you can provide a way to send you the pdf files with the channels. I'm telling you there are quite a number that you won't get even if you wanted to pay. e.g Fox Movies (Movies).

 Play Movies (Movies).
 Top Movies (Movies).
 Dubai One (Movies).
 MBC Persia (Movies).
 Kanal 4 (Movies).

 L.T.B (Movies).
 Claquette TV (Movies).
 55555 TV Movies (Movies).
 Althanya (Movies).
 E-mail@TV (Movies).

interested send here wanyama (at) dr (dot) com
If you are going to be thinking only one thing, you might as well be thinking big. -Donald J . Trump
Sandu
#17 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 3:26:39 PM

check your inbox
felach1
#18 Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2012 7:33:16 PM

send to me too the list on felach1 (at) yahoo (dot) com
smur
#19 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 12:29:17 PM

send me to the list to smur125(at)yahoo(dot)com
McReggae
#20 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2012 12:33:52 PM

Kwani unajitumia, two hellos with their 1st posts here???
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".