wazua Sat, Sep 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

60 Pages«<1011121314>»
Estimated 71 Billion Barrels...
Nabwire
#221 Posted : Saturday, June 02, 2012 12:07:04 AM

Pariah dont open an account with Interactive brokers, you will be charged fees to the eyeballs. I would suggest you open one with Vanguard www.vanguard.com, as far as I know they will require a social security number but unaweza wauliza if they accept ITIN, tax ID number through which you will pay taxes, if they agree you can easily get it from www.irs.gov na kazi iendelee!
Simplified
#222 Posted : Saturday, June 02, 2012 11:09:47 AM

Nabwire wrote:
Pariah dont open an account with Interactive brokers, you will be charged fees to the eyeballs. I would suggest you open one with Vanguard www.vanguard.com, as far as I know they will require a social security number but unaweza wauliza if they accept ITIN, tax ID number through which you will pay taxes, if they agree you can easily get it from www.irs.gov na kazi iendelee!

Hey Nabwire, could you kindly assist on how to trade foreign stocks by introducing me to a broker who can facilitate the same. Tried but can't seem to find a way through. Brick wall
You can drop me an email flixdiani @ hotmail co uk
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Hug the bear....ride the bull.....di$mount!!!
Nabwire
#223 Posted : Saturday, June 02, 2012 7:51:26 PM

Simplified, www.vangaurd.com best brokerage house bar none! Minimal fees, very professional, largest in the US so there are no unnecessary hidden fees. But you dont deal with a specific broker.If you are looking for a one on one type broker im sure they can provide that but at a fee. If you dont have a social security number, see if they will accept an ITIN which can be used for tax paying.Once you set up an account, its very simple you just call or initiate trades online. Hope that helps.
jonna
#224 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 3:29:48 AM

Camac is definately gonna shoot up especially now that they are working together with Lion, I believe.

AOIFF had to collaborate with TULLOW in the drilling of the ngamia well and the interesting thing is that AOIFF was not even keen on that ngamia well.

Why don't you go for CAMAC or Simba Energy Inc??

Nabwire wrote:
Great stuff Hisah!!! I have never bothered to read thru this thread, and all that money has slipped away.. you should have directed me here instead of debating on Treasury bills.
Anywho, looks like Africa Oil bus is well on its way, what do you think of CAMAC? How do they compare to Africa Oil? I dont have any energy stocks and it would be nice to get into this game especially since Kenya is involved. Does Africa Oil hold the majority of the blocks or is there room for smaller companies? Basically, should I jump onto the Africa Oil bandwagon ( doesnt sound like a good idea since the stock has already shot up) or are there other companies to watch out for that still have potential? Or does Africa oil still have ALOT of room for growth??

Energy.
Nabwire
#225 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2012 4:37:27 AM

jonna wrote:
Camac is definately gonna shoot up especially now that they are working together with Lion, I believe.

AOIFF had to collaborate with TULLOW in the drilling of the ngamia well and the interesting thing is that AOIFF was not even keen on that ngamia well.

Why don't you go for CAMAC or Simba Energy Inc??

Nabwire wrote:
Great stuff Hisah!!! I have never bothered to read thru this thread, and all that money has slipped away.. you should have directed me here instead of debating on Treasury bills.
Anywho, looks like Africa Oil bus is well on its way, what do you think of CAMAC? How do they compare to Africa Oil? I dont have any energy stocks and it would be nice to get into this game especially since Kenya is involved. Does Africa Oil hold the majority of the blocks or is there room for smaller companies? Basically, should I jump onto the Africa Oil bandwagon ( doesnt sound like a good idea since the stock has already shot up) or are there other companies to watch out for that still have potential? Or does Africa oil still have ALOT of room for growth??

Do you have any links to suport your claims?
Nabwire
#226 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2012 7:50:10 AM

http://finance.yahoo.com...scs-four-162000135.html

So they have operations in West Africa, Kenya and China! The properties they have in Lamu, has there been any oil found around there?

Nabwire
#227 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2012 8:10:17 AM

hisah
#228 Posted : Wednesday, June 06, 2012 5:18:27 PM

@nabwire - after checking out some stuff, I think both CAK and SMB are bound to make gains in coming months as @jonna stated.

Something about SMB which holds Block 2A adjacent to Block 1.
Quote:
“There are some indicative estimates of resource potential in adjacent blocks that have direct relevance to Simba. In particular, Afren’s management estimates that there could be 751 million barrels of oil equivalent of unrisked gross prospective resources on Block 1,” he said.

http://www.proactiveinve...-says-broker-42476.html

About CAMAC...
Quote:
In Kenya, the Deepwater blocks L27 and L28 signed over to CAMAC cover a combined 21,170 sq km just east of deepwater blocks L11A and L11B operated by Anadarko Petroleum Corp. Land Block L1B is in the Lamu basin, and Block L16 is in the Lamu basin transition zone. L16 is bounded on the east by Block L8, operated by Apache Corp., and is just northwest of Block L9, operated by Ophir Energy PLC.

During the initial exploration phase under each contract, CAMAC will be conducting surveys, acquiring and interpreting 2D and 3D seismic, and identifying prospects for future drilling. The execution of the PSCs represents CAMAC Energy’s official entry into Kenya and the East African exploration frontier.

http://www.nigeriavillag...ls-in-gambia-kenya.html

However, when compared to Afol, they are a smaller play and what caught my eye then with Afol was the Tullow partnership. I follow Tullow thus my bias of betting the house on Afol.

Anyway EA is the next great hydrocarbon island game for the century after the great arabic petro-island. Just scout for those mid cap firm with interests in EA (up to Mozambique and the adjacent islands).

Lastly, if you can, subscribe to Christian's tip bytes... Good stuff from that guy Drool
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
youcan'tstopusnow
#229 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 11:28:40 AM

Italian firm signs deal on oil search
http://www.businessdaily.../-/kxhkspz/-/index.html

So all 8 offshore blocks have now been allocated. I thought there was a dispute with Somalia that some of the blocks were in their waters...
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Nabwire
#230 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2012 11:30:53 PM

Thanks alot!
Camac and Simba it is.
Murchr do you have a map showing all the blocks? I would appreciate it.
Bachuma Gate
#231 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 3:00:56 AM

Here are the blocks. It may be abit old

http://www.nockenya.co.k...?flag=upstream&ust=3
DOH
murchr
#232 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:10:43 AM

@Nabwire hope the post above helped....
In other news Anadarko finds more gas offshore Mozambique
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
hisah
#233 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:10:42 AM

murchr wrote:

Cove Energy was the other cat I let out of bag after Afol. Though the gains are slower than Afol, it still has more rallies to come.

Still looking for more EA plays. Next it'll be EA infrastructure e.g. cement firms and builders. Then the financials & real estate then utilities and finally consumer stocks. By 2018 some stocks will have been split many times to make them affordable smile

I'm looking at the EA OTC market were possible. That's a kitten waiting to be a cat smile
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Aguytrying
#234 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 10:49:50 AM

hisah wrote:
murchr wrote:

Cove Energy was the other cat I let out of bag after Afol. Though the gains are slower than Afol, it still has more rallies to come.

Still looking for more EA plays. Next it'll be EA infrastructure e.g. cement firms and builders. Then the financials & real estate then utilities and finally consumer stocks. By 2018 some stocks will have been split many times to make them affordable smile

I'm looking at the EA OTC market were possible. That's a kitten waiting to be a cat smile

Keep letting those cats out.
Is it safe to say that investors should hold stocks for the next at least six years without selling, it sounds like you are expecting the mother of all bulls.
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Metasploit
#235 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:36:49 AM

Aguy the language is by 2018.
Infrastructure boom will come ealier.case study Angola,LAPSET ETC ETC

“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.”
hisah
#236 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:47:18 AM

Aguytrying wrote:
hisah wrote:
murchr wrote:

Keep letting those cats out.
Is it safe to say that investors should hold stocks for the next at least six years without selling, it sounds like you are expecting the mother of all bulls.

With the current euro debt bomb, it's a bit tricky to hold out and the chance of stocks bleeding globally again is quite high. This thing needs to be sorted asap. The drama has dragged on too long since GFC. Anyway, Africa is the place to be once the global storm is over. Apart from GFC issues, CBK and Treasury too need to up their game. The beauty is with a tight CBR once cut down to size, equities should take a sizable bulge as the money flood ensues smile

EA should also quicken the integration to multiply the economy power.
Liv
#237 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 12:08:27 PM

@Hisah,

Many thanks for heads up....

Which countries are afol and smb quoted and how much are they going for at the moment?
hisah
#238 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 12:39:45 PM

Liv wrote:
@Hisah,

Many thanks for heads up....

Which countries are afol and smb quoted and how much are they going for at the moment?

SMB is listed as SMB: TSX.V and GDA: Frankfurt and SMBZF: OTCQX

Afol is listed as TSX.V:AOI and OMX:AOI

SMB has projects in Kenya (Wajir region), Guinea, Liberia, Ghana and Mali (coming soon - Block 3).
http://www.simbaenergy.ca/projects/kenya.aspx - Oil shows encountered between
970m-1020m and Gas shows encountered between
2150m-4290m
http://www.simbaenergy.ca/projects/guinea.aspx
http://www.simbaenergy.ca/projects/liberia.aspx
Presentation - http://www.simbaenergy.c...les/SMB_Kenya_Mar24.pdf - check out pg24 for the company profile on capital shareholding.

Afol has projects in Kenya, Ethiopia and Mali.
http://www.africaoilcorp...ons.asp?ReportID=352319

Something about Mali and the current chaos; coups et al. Must be a big market for all these chaos just to erupt?!

The other common factor is Somali. Follow the money.
Nabwire
#239 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:28:45 PM

Thanks guys though I meant a map showing which companies own which blocks. Africa oil looks like it owns almost the whole place!!
And then this

http://finance.yahoo.com...sessment-132000930.html

thanks again!
murchr
#240 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:33:57 PM

Nabwire wrote:
Thanks guys though I meant a map showing which companies own which blocks. Africa oil looks like it owns almost the whole place!!
And then this

http://finance.yahoo.com...sessment-132000930.html

thanks again!

The map there indicates that.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore