wazua Sat, Oct 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

22 Pages«<23456>»
Facebook IPO
Nabwire
#61 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 7:54:56 PM

You are welcome, yeah the future is digital.Nike is actually moving away from hero worship ( Tiger Woods, Kobe) to direct marketing, they will save alot of money and so its just obvious that if the social media campaign works, they will increase the ad expenses on social media and decrease on trad media.Plus FB has Farmville or some sort of games that people play alot, Nike could start advertising there directly to their target audience, its called advergaming. However way I look at it, the future is bright for FB.
Target is in the UK? Thats kinda creepy that they monitor your purchases.
QW25091985
#62 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2012 12:05:18 AM

we have a problem here !

smart money is selling . and their concern is the high valuation . Oh and by the way the pricing is at 20-30$ per share and its doing down on the may 18th

http://www.forbes.com/si...res-in-the-facebook-ipo/
kyt
#63 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2012 12:42:32 AM

this will flop big time, wait till u hear the number of active members is actualy less by 50% and revenue forecasts are adjusted downwards. how can this site be more valued than cocacola?
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
guru267
#64 Posted : Friday, May 04, 2012 6:10:30 AM

kyt wrote:
this will flop big time,how can this site be more valued than cocacola?

Value has nothing to do with it..

Reasons why FB will rise:
1. The market was expecting it to be valued at 100billion and now its being valued at 74billion for the IPO ..
2. Even with a high valuation it is still cheaper than majority of its social media peers
3. There is still hype and speculation about future prospects of the company..
4. The relatively low share price makes it available to the whole market
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
hisah
#65 Posted : Wednesday, May 09, 2012 9:10:03 AM

Even Warren Buffet says he won't bother with the FB IPO. Like all extraordinary tech firms, it's hard to tell if FB will still be a trailblazer 3 - 8yrs from now. I doubt it.

http://www.nydailynews.c...veals-article-1.1073793

For now I want this IPO done and I hope it marks the market top so that my BGZ positions start moving...
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
youcan'tstopusnow
#66 Posted : Wednesday, May 09, 2012 1:11:01 PM

hisah wrote:
Even Warren Buffet says he won't bother with the FB IPO. Like all extraordinary tech firms, it's hard to tell if FB will still be a trailblazer 3 - 8yrs from now. I doubt it.

http://www.nydailynews.c...veals-article-1.1073793

For now I want this IPO done and I hope it marks the market top so that my BGZ positions start moving...

"The idea that something coming out ... that's being offered with significant commissions, all kinds of publicity, the seller electing the time to sell, is going to be the best single investment that I can make in the world among thousands of choices is mathematically impossible," he said.

Nice quote! In an IPO, be the sellersmile
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Drunkard
#67 Posted : Wednesday, May 09, 2012 8:46:23 PM

guru267 wrote:
kyt wrote:

1. The market was expecting it to be valued at 100billion and now its being valued at 74billion for the IPO ..
2. Even with a high valuation it is still cheaper than majority of its social media peers

Similarities between Facebook IPO and Safaricom IPO
1.Even with a high valuation it is still cheaper than majority of most recent IPOs
2.There is still hype and speculation about the future prices.
3. The relatively low share price makes it available to the whole markets

From the above similaries one can draw a wider conclusions about the prospect of the company price after the IPOs

First like Safaricom there is alot of publicity sorounding the IPO, this publicity is good for a smart investor and bad for dummies, Facebook have no incentive to underprice the IPO infact they have the incentive to Overprice it just like Safaricom.

Seconding, there are alot of questions about the real value of advertising through facebook and if anyone follows Wallstreet journal, you've probably read about it, so if you combined the known knowledge that Facebook might not meet it's future revenue targets with the publicity sorounding the IPO, you get a situation where the price will jump up during the first 3-5 days of trading driven by the hypes followed by by a 15-25% drop as the speculators and the smart investor sell their shares. My best advice is sell before 1pm Thurday the first week of trading.

Good luck
Nabwire
#68 Posted : Wednesday, May 09, 2012 9:02:52 PM

Drunkard wrote:
guru267 wrote:
kyt wrote:

Similarities between Facebook IPO and Safaricom IPO
1.Even with a high valuation it is still cheaper than majority of most recent IPOs
2.There is still hype and speculation about the future prices.
3. The relatively low share price makes it available to the whole markets

From the above similaries one can draw a wider conclusions about the prospect of the company price after the IPOs

First like Safaricom there is alot of publicity sorounding the IPO, this publicity is good for a smart investor and bad for dummies, Facebook have no incentive to underprice the IPO infact they have the incentive to Overprice it just like Safaricom.

Seconding, there are alot of questions about the real value of advertising through facebook and if anyone follows Wallstreet journal, you've probably read about it, so if you combined the known knowledge that Facebook might not meet it's future revenue targets with the publicity sorounding the IPO, you get a situation where the price will jump up during the first 3-5 days of trading driven by the hypes followed by by a 15-25% drop as the speculators and the smart investor sell their shares. My best advice is sell before 1pm Thurday the first week of trading.

Good luck

This is exactly what I was going to do, buy for a couple of days and sell. I am so torn though, im not a speculator but the thought of not doing anything then it skyrockets would kill me. So Drunkard are you buying? I have less than a week to make up my mind! By the way where can I get their financial statements, coz Yahoo is bilaz!
Nabwire
#69 Posted : Wednesday, May 09, 2012 9:10:41 PM

http://beta.fool.com/api...ancial-statements/1573/

I wonder where they got the financial statements, but Motley fool is a well respected site so I will take their word.
Nabwire
#70 Posted : Wednesday, May 09, 2012 9:15:55 PM

$1.5 Billion in cash and $470 million in free cash flows, this is a no brainer!!
Drunkard
#71 Posted : Wednesday, May 09, 2012 9:28:57 PM

Nabwire wrote:
You are welcome, yeah the future is digital.Nike is actually moving away from hero worship ( Tiger Woods, Kobe) to direct marketing, they will save alot of money and so its just obvious that if the social media campaign works, they will increase the ad expenses on social media and decrease on trad media.Plus FB has Farmville or some sort of games that people play alot, Nike could start advertising there directly to their target audience, its called advergaming. However way I look at it, the future is bright for FB.
Target is in the UK? Thats kinda creepy that they monitor your purchases.

The effectiveness of Facebook advertising is still in question its been over two years since a number of companies bought facebook space for their ads but words are, after alot of investment there is absolutely no way of measuring the results and no one know for sure how effective the platform is, Facebook do not allow advertisers to put a bug to track click and buy transactions unlike other platforms, so the questions alot of companies ask is, is it worthy to advertise through facebook?

But the fact that Facebook is a unique site based on the traffic volumes, I will put my bet on its success rather than its failure but other than that, there is no quantitative way I can defend mty choice to stick with Facebook.
Nabwire
#72 Posted : Wednesday, May 09, 2012 9:32:19 PM

Found it. Here is their IPO prospectus.

http://www.sec.gov/Archi...512034517/d287954ds1.htm
hisah
#73 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 2:20:39 PM

Quote:
But what investors should be more focused on is the problem Facebook highlights in the most recent amendment to its S-1 securities filing: namely, that its mobile business is noticeably light on advertising revenue and that the company isn’t exactly sure how (or whether) it can fix that.

Quote:
In a recent Forbes column, Eric Jackson argued that Facebook (and also Google) is in danger of disappearing in five years if it doesn’t manage to figure out mobile. That prediction might be a little over the top, but there is no question the mobile market is crucial to Facebook’s success: It already has half a billion users accessing the site via mobile devices, and even if those users also use the desktop version, that number is likely to continue to increase rapidly. The company has to come up with a way to monetize this demographic in a hurry. Will sponsored stories be the solution? No one knows for sure.

http://www.businessweek....-t-know-how-mobile-works
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
youcan'tstopusnow
#74 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2012 11:34:46 PM

Mark Zuckerberg has been criticised for wearing a hoodie to a major business presentation. But should this be a problem?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18032190
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
youcan'tstopusnow
#75 Posted : Saturday, May 12, 2012 12:01:14 AM

Facebook tests 'pay to promote post' tool

http://bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18033259
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Nabwire
#76 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 12:57:39 AM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
Facebook tests 'pay to promote post' tool

http://bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18033259

This is such a bad idea I hope it will remain in New Zealand. In a couple of days we'll find out if this is the greatest IPO ever or not, cant wait for Friday.
QW25091985
#77 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 6:55:26 AM

I know there are followers of Warren Buffet here : and asked if he's buying the ipo this is what he said
QW25091985
#78 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 6:58:08 AM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
Mark Zuckerberg has been criticised for wearing a hoodie to a major business presentation. But should this be a problem?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18032190

Yep . still treating facebook like a pet project .
youcan'tstopusnow
#79 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:39:08 AM

Facebook says it will sell
25% more shares than first planned in its flotation in response to strong demand.
The move comes one day
after the social networking giant said it would raise the price of the shares by 21% to between $34-$38 a share.

It also comes despite doubts about the profitability of the site, which is largely used for
social updates.
Car giant General Motors added to those doubts by saying on Tuesday it would no longer pay to advertise on the site.
However, rival Ford said it would continue its social media strategy. A spokesman said: "You just can't buy your way into Facebook. You need
to have a credible presence and be doing innovative things."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18086426
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
hisah
#80 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:55:21 AM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
Facebook says it will sell
25% more shares than first planned in its flotation in response to strong demand.
The move comes one day
after the social networking giant said it would raise the price of the shares by 21% to between $34-$38 a share.

It also comes despite doubts about the profitability of the site, which is largely used for
social updates.
Car giant General Motors added to those doubts by saying on Tuesday it would no longer pay to advertise on the site.
However, rival Ford said it would continue its social media strategy. A spokesman said: "You just can't buy your way into Facebook. You need
to have a credible presence and be doing innovative things."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18086426

Goal post shifting...