wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

CHANGE OF USER AND BUILDING APPROVAL
shygal
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:21:55 PM

I have a plot in an area that's under the mavoko council and i now have the building plan with neccessary architect stamps and architect certificate. The problem is that the council requires that i do change of user to residential before i even get the approval. Is that how things work and would it cost 40k for change of user and an almost similar amount for approval for a three bedroomed house built on an 1/8 acre plot?
josiah33
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2012 12:20:17 PM

Looks like getting building approval from the Mavoko council is one big hussle. Next time i buy a plot i'll have to find out how long, how much it costs and how easy it is to get approval in the area that the plot is located before i commit.
shygal
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2012 5:15:20 PM

Hmmmhhh!!!and they expect that we will achieve vision 2030 with this kind of nonsense.
XSK
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2012 5:19:05 PM

josiah33 wrote:
Looks like getting building approval from the Mavoko council is one big hussle. Next time i buy a plot i'll have to find out how long, how much it costs and how easy it is to get approval in the area that the plot is located before i commit.

The most expensive approval is from kikuyu. Its not fun paying upto 500 k just to have your building approved.
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
josiah33
#5 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 4:33:24 PM

XSK wrote:
josiah33 wrote:

The most expensive approval is from kikuyu. Its not fun paying upto 500 k just to have your building approved.

Those guys are insane. 500K is too much to pay for building approval if it's for something like a 3 bedroomed family house. Hawa ndio watu wanarudisha Kenya nyuma.
Hii Kenya imeoza.
Marty
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 8:17:48 AM

This change of user thing is a nightmare. I am currently hassling for one with Ruiru municipality, I tell u it is hell. How do they expect us to achieve the Vision if willing investors are taken through hell to get proper paperwork??
When I admire the wonder of a sunset or the beauty
of the moon, my soul expands in worship of the Creator.
TiggerTiggy
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:12:15 AM

use local professionals to get you approvals. they know people. sad but true
tinker
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 7:24:45 PM

@Marty. How did it go with your 'Change of User'?. Am in a similar situation but this time in Kajiado county.
Am even getting response such as "hii mambo ya change of user was stopped...but I can help you".
My cost for building approval is getting over the roof..I thought 200k will be more than enough...to my shock, the new estimates are in excess of 500k.
Does any Wazuan in the house know about the going ons @kajiado in regard to this change of user?
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..