wazua Tue, Sep 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Subaru Legacy BL5 thoughts
Toxicity
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:45:59 PM

Hey great wazuans...I have of late seen many people with this car, how is it? in terms of fuel consumption, maintenance spare parts e.t.c?
update president set president = speaker where president is null
seppuku
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2011 10:39:10 PM

Toxicity wrote:
Hey great wazuans...I have of late seen many people with this car, how is it? in terms of fuel consumption, maintenance spare parts e.t.c?

Hey, nobody driving this thing? Even I wanna know...
Learn first to treat your time as you would your money, then treat your money as you do your time.
jamplu
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 03, 2012 7:53:49 AM

seppuku wrote:
Toxicity wrote:

Hey, nobody driving this thing? Even I wanna know...

I have met a couple of guyz who have it and they say its a great car in terms of performance. From experience subaru parts are available. Fuel consumption don't compare it with a corrolla you will be disappointed smile
Kourage60
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 03, 2012 9:44:40 AM

Subarus are great and addictive. You drive one you will never touch a Toyota.
I have a friend who have bought two engines for his. But I don't think it a fault with the engine but his way of driving.
jamplu
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 03, 2012 11:56:31 AM

Kourage60 wrote:
Subarus are great and addictive. You drive one you will never touch a Toyota.
I have a friend who have bought two engines for his. But I don't think it a fault with the engine but his way of driving.

2 engines? what does he do with them fry them or what?

brav
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 03, 2012 12:30:10 PM

Hmmm never though much bout it, But I too have a friend who changed his engine almost immediately after importing it.
poundfoolish
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 03, 2012 12:48:25 PM

kumbe watu wanatuenjoy...

body ya Subaru na engine za Platz????

wakenya jameni
poundfoolish
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 03, 2012 12:50:49 PM

wakenya jameni
jamplu
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 03, 2012 12:55:07 PM

brav wrote:
Hmmm never though much bout it, But I too have a friend who changed his engine almost immediately after importing it.

the common mistake people make is to use the imported subarus around for long without servicing them first. if you really care you need to change the engine oil and ATF down in mombasa before driving it to nairobi Lota Motors can service it for you @ makupa roundabout

jamplu
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 03, 2012 2:12:20 PM

poundfoolish wrote:

wakenya jameni

????seriously...
that can engine can only fit in the next planet
TAZ
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 03, 2012 4:19:14 PM

jamplu wrote:
brav wrote:

the common mistake people make is to use the imported subarus around for long without servicing them first. if you really care you need to change the engine oil and ATF down in mombasa before driving it to nairobi Lota Motors can service it for you @ makupa roundabout

Totally agree, people are usually so eager to give the Subaru a run along Mombasa-Nairobi highway without first checking the mechanical condition of the car. Some don't even know that the timing belt should be changed once the mileage hits 100km......but then again most of them are probably adjusted downwards before the owner gets to drive the car.
poundfoolish
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 03, 2012 4:56:04 PM

Reminds me i need to check my timing belt...

Thanks you good people
ick
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 03, 2012 5:16:30 PM

I own one.. its a great car. i haven't had any issues with it. The reason, the engine issues is purely maintenance.. U don't buy a Subaru and treat it like a Toyota. For one, the oil in use. use synthetic oil since the car has turbo the engine gets pretty hot. Service the car at proper service station where the personnel are have on Subaru car..And if doing long distances at great speeds and minus turbo timer plus cheap oil, you got to let the car cool down before switching the engine off..o'wise by the time u getting to Nai frm Msa the engine will be fried..
nyari
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 03, 2012 5:46:21 PM

Toxicity
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 03, 2012 8:21:08 PM

ick wrote:
I own one.. its a great car. i haven't had any issues with it. The reason, the engine issues is purely maintenance.. U don't buy a Subaru and treat it like a Toyota. For one, the oil in use. use synthetic oil since the car has turbo the engine gets pretty hot. Service the car at proper service station where the personnel are have on Subaru car..And if doing long distances at great speeds and minus turbo timer plus cheap oil, you got to let the car cool down before switching the engine off..o'wise by the time u getting to Nai frm Msa the engine will be fried..

Thanks ick for this comprehensive look at the car...where do u service it and on average how many kilometers does it do per litre?
harrydre
#16 Posted : Tuesday, January 03, 2012 11:12:24 PM

Peeps should stop buying these so called imported vehicles from japan or dubai. 1st they hurt our economy, hurt our environement, are not safe and they are as old as mugumo tree. these cars have usually travelled over 100km and just get polished kiasi the odometer is re-adjusted (yes like those old pendulum clocks that were hand wound every morning). Once it gets to your compound, u have spent relatively close or around kshs - 1M and then your troubles begin here. You keep saying you just imported a new car whereas you are mostly in garage. Lets kill this habit and go for those brand new assembled in Kenya car or import directly from the factories. Spend slightly higher and have a good product that will last you twice as much time.
i.am.back!!!!
Toxicity
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 03, 2012 11:30:13 PM

harrydre wrote:
Peeps should stop buying these so called imported vehicles from japan or dubai. 1st they hurt our economy, hurt our environement, are not safe and they are as old as mugumo tree. these cars have usually travelled over 100km and just get polished kiasi the odometer is re-adjusted (yes like those old pendulum clocks that were hand wound every morning). Once it gets to your compound, u have spent relatively close or around kshs - 1M and then your troubles begin here. You keep saying you just imported a new car whereas you are mostly in garage. Lets kill this habit and go for those brand new assembled in Kenya car or import directly from the factories. Spend slightly higher and have a good product that will last you twice as much time.

How higher is slightly higher? i think not all Kenyans who want to drive around considering the state of the Kenyan public transport sector can afford brand new cars from factories or locally assembled!! Anyway any more information on the Subaru?
For Sport
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 03, 2012 11:34:50 PM

harrydre wrote:

keeping a car for 20 years is overrated
perminusotieno
#19 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2012 1:19:43 AM

I agree 100% with Harrydre. We have destroyed the value chain that comes from an established market for brand new cars. Think of all the jobs that would be created and skills that would be passed to our economy if we were assembling Toyotas and other makes in large numbers. The benefits to our emerging economy would be enormous. In my opinion, our reliance on mitumba goods from cars and clothes to spare parts has done so much to destroy industry in this country.
Does anyone seriously believe that the widespread importation of Japanese rejects adds any value to our economy? I challenge anyone to prove how these mitumbas have benefited Kenya's economy.
ick
#20 Posted : Wednesday, January 04, 2012 9:01:32 AM

Toxicity wrote:
ick wrote:

Thanks ick for this comprehensive look at the car...where do u service it and on average how many kilometers does it do per litre?

Concord motors, Hurlingham