wazua Sat, Sep 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Buffett accumulates a 5.5% stake in IBM
Sure
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 2:04:17 PM

Warren E. Buffett, the chairman and chief executive of Berkshire Hathaway, revealed on CNBC that his conglomerate had amassed 64 million shares of I.B.M, a stake of about 5.5 percent.

Berkshire now ranks among the largest shareholders in the company.

''They have laid out a road map, and I should have paid attention to it earlier,'' Mr. Buffett said of the company on CNBC. Mr. Buffett, who indicated in the interview that he had not spoken with I.B.M. about his position, felt management had done ''an incredible job.''

http://query.nytimes.com...EF936A25752C1A9679D8B63

In the meantime time, Sure is searching for a Kenyan quoted company that has laid out a road map.

http://dailylight@newspaper0DE6DF163EF936A25752
Wisdom to detect when share prices hit rock bottom.
When interest on bonds keep going up, you know the bear run is on high street. When interest on bonds start leveling, the bear has met the bull and they have hit rock bottom. When the interest rates on bonds start coming down, the bull has overpowered the bear and you better be riding the bull.
sparkly
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 2:21:31 PM

@sure this is old news
Life is short. Live passionately.
youcan'tstopusnow
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 3:21:01 PM

His letter to shareholders for 2000 boasted: ''We have embraced the 21st century by entering such cutting-edge industries as brick, carpet, insulation and paint. Try to control your excitement.''

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Aguytrying
#4 Posted : Monday, October 01, 2012 5:57:38 PM

Other than capital gains on their investment how do shareholders of BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY benefit from their investment?

They do no want to sell their shares because of the history of capital gains. Who would sell, such an incredible performance.

I refer to shareholders both big and small, do they get any other kind of payment?

Are the partners different from the shareholders and do they get any benefits?

regards

The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
Ericsson
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 02, 2012 8:55:15 AM

I had expected Centum to follow the Bershire Hathaway path but they seem to have changed focus and taken a path of low returns and capital appreciation couple that with no dividend.
If Centum copied Berkshire Hathaway style of doing business they would have been a great company.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle