Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
Bee's Portofolio
Nabwire
#41 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:34:34 PM

Cde Monomotapa
#42 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:34:47 PM

Nabwire wrote:
Oh by the way Buffett just picked up a couple of Intel stocks, I really wish this guy could live another 50 years, I would def make money by just buying ahead of him

what's with the change in tact? Mara IBM now Intel though Intel being a chip maker is more or less an industrial concern thus, not much a departure from The Oracle's modus operandi.
Cde Monomotapa
#43 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:40:09 PM

Nabwire wrote:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/moneygram-initiates-reverse-split-171513083.html

elsewhere i've seen it reffered to as a share consolidation.thanks.
Nabwire
#44 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:48:05 PM

Thanks for the heads up Mr. Blankfein, money is about to be made!

http://www.bloomberg.com...ap-back-.html?cmpid=yhoo
Nabwire
#45 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:51:35 PM

Cde Monomotapa wrote:
Nabwire wrote:
Oh by the way Buffett just picked up a couple of Intel stocks, I really wish this guy could live another 50 years, I would def make money by just buying ahead of him

what's with the change in tact? Mara IBM now Intel though Intel being a chip maker is more or less an industrial concern thus, not much a departure from The Oracle's modus operandi.

The old man is just finally accepting that technology stocks have a huge impact! Though I think he bought IBM a bit high, but he's the Oracle smile
Yeah the terms in Kenya are diferent from elsewhere which can be kinda confusing
I just wish this reverse split would have waited a couple of months, but its all good. smile
Cde Monomotapa
#46 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:23:53 AM

Nabwire wrote:
Cde Monomotapa wrote:
Nabwire wrote:

The old man is just finally accepting that technology stocks have a huge impact! Though I think he bought IBM a bit high, but he's the Oracle smile
Yeah the terms in Kenya are diferent from elsewhere which can be kinda confusing
I just wish this reverse split would have waited a couple of months, but its all good. smile

Interesting as his grand stand has always been that tech is too fluid and trendy, then those two must have a huge edge over all else out there. My run in with reverse split/share consolidation is with certain positions on the ZSE a while back. The NSE is yet to permit reverse splits. We are still on the convectional split in KE smile
Nabwire
#47 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:51:57 AM

Most tech stocks are on the NASDAQ and they are usually young up and coming companies. Buffett's apprehension was because with a young company, he could not crunch the numbers and do his analysis unlike with bluechips. But IBM has been here long enough now and is definitely not going anywhere, same with Intel. He just would not be willing to buy virgin companies like Groupon for example.
How did the reverse split in ZSE turn out? I just dont want to be left with lemons though I doubt it coz MGI is universal and expanding aggresively. Whats convectional split? I thought there's a guy who suggested that Safcom should do a reverse split and you guys talked him down, in my opinion reverse splits are good for the shareholders, Im assuming the dividend will have to be upped and the higher price will attract new investors driving the share price even higher.
Cde Monomotapa
#48 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:56:40 AM

The RS reduces the no. of shares in issue hence gives an 'illusion' that eps and dps have gone up. However, its main advantage is to achieve better price discovery for the stock and also an indication that management is bullish abt the Co.s future. In summary, it is like changing 100sh coins to 1, 100sh note. Lack of RS on the NSE has been a matter of no regulatory provision for it, however, it is now included in the reviewed/new rules. I guess I meant the usual stock split or will we call it a forward split? smile u know what I mean.
youcan'tstopusnow
#49 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 7:44:43 AM

Buffett should stop playing and buy KK. The whole of itLaughing out loudly
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Cde Monomotapa
#50 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 9:20:44 AM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:

He needs Pan African Investment Counsels. We should email him a proposal smile he can even buy KK as CSR Laughing out loudly
Nabwire
#51 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 9:15:46 PM

Cde Monomotapa wrote:
The RS reduces the no. of shares in issue hence gives an 'illusion' that eps and dps have gone up. However, its main advantage is to achieve better price discovery for the stock and also an indication that management is bullish abt the Co.s future. In summary, it is like changing 100sh coins to 1, 100sh note. Lack of RS on the NSE has been a matter of no regulatory provision for it, however, it is now included in the reviewed/new rules. I guess I meant the usual stock split or will we call it a forward split? smile u know what I mean.

Yeah you are right, it was a 1:10 split so effectively my shares have been reduced by a factor of 10 Sad not sure I like this plus I have been reading on it and supposedly they say that such a split is usually a sign of bad times ahead!! But I doubt it coz the company is expanding aggressively, and CITI did the same type of split earlier this year and their share is holding out at that level. You shouldnt be so cynical about it sweetheart, an illusion of a good EPS and DPS will attract new investors and I bet in a year, this new price will have doubled smile OK now I understand what you meant by conventional split
Nabwire
#52 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 9:22:26 PM

Cde Monomotapa wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:

He needs Pan African Investment Counsels. We should email him a proposal smile he can even buy KK as CSR Laughing out loudly

The day Buffett sets his eyes on SSA will be the day instant Billionaires will be made. Unfortunately he doesnt like going to unknown places, it took alot for him to venture into New York and he immediately found a way to go back to good old boring Omaha. If I was to guess, he wouldnt buy KK because he doesnt like Energy stocks nor does he like Airline stocks so KQ is out. I would guess he would pick up KCB smile , NMG, definetely Jubilee and any stock that trades in furniture, is there any?
Drunkard
#53 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 11:44:28 PM

@Nabwire....I hope you're making money off the NY stock exchange, my curiosity is, are you undergra or grad and if you're undergra, when are you graduating?
Nabwire
#54 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 11:48:49 PM

Drunkard wrote:
@Nabwire....I hope you're making money off the NY stock exchange, my curiosity is, are you undergra or grad and if you're undergra, when are you graduating?

Maswali mengi ni ya nini?? Why does it matter if Im undergrad or graduate student?? The stock market doesnt care about that, it only cares about buy and sell orders smile At this rate im getting scared, first you wanted to know my location, now you want my graduation date, ndio ukuje? Si ulikataa kunikopesha pesa, you never give up huh?
Drunkard
#55 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 12:05:00 AM

@Nabwire.... I will definately not go to anyone's graduation, I even missed my graduation ceremony( not a joke), I don't date Kenyans or anyone online or anyone more than 20 minutes drive or anyone who would want to get married or anyone who make less that $60K a year so my questions has nothing to do with intimate liking, but I admire some intelligence in you and I hope you won't be like so many smart Kenyans here in US who never made beyond being educated.... About the pesa that I never gave you, of course people don't give money any howly but I have a few investments you might be interested in
Nabwire
#56 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 12:08:11 AM

Drunkard wrote:
@Nabwire.... I will definately not go to anyone's graduation, I even missed my graduation ceremony( not a joke), I don't date Kenyans or anyone online or anyone more than 20 minutes drive or anyone who would want to get married or anyone who make less that $60K a year so my questions has nothing to do with intimate liking, but I admire some intelligence in you and I hope you won't be like so many smart Kenyans here in US who never made beyond being educated.... About the pesa that I never gave you, of course people don't give money any howly but I have a few investments you might be interested in

LOL you have issues hii siwezani nayo Laughing out loudly
Drunkard
#57 Posted : Thursday, November 17, 2011 12:20:24 AM

if you graduated and don't get a job, look for drunkard
youcan'tstopusnow
#58 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 8:41:47 PM

Nabwire wrote:
Cde Monomotapa wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:

The day Buffett sets his eyes on SSA will be the day instant Billionaires will be made. Unfortunately he doesnt like going to unknown places, it took alot for him to venture into New York and he immediately found a way to go back to good old boring Omaha. If I was to guess, he wouldnt buy KK because he doesnt like Energy stocks nor does he like Airline stocks so KQ is out. I would guess he would pick up KCB smile , NMG, definetely Jubilee and any stock that trades in furniture, is there any?

Wacha weweShame on you
Nani alisema Buffett doesn't like Energy stocks?
ConocoPhilips? And of course his legendary PetroChina investment...
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Nabwire
#59 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 9:10:40 PM

I may be wrong but his portofolio shows his Energy stocks are less than 3%, na Petro China ni gani? Dont see it there??? That doesnt mean KK is bad, I was just saying he probably would not buy it

http://warren-buffett-portfolio.com/

But this might be an old portofolio coz its showing that he sold off BAC!!
Nabwire
#60 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 9:13:16 PM