wazua Tue, Apr 30, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<1234>»
A 2 bedroom house at a cost of 420,000 in syokimau.
willin2learn
#21 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:25:49 PM

Kuuliza tu! Ni syokimau hapa mavoko ama ile ya Londokwe?
'user'
#22 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:27:27 PM

willin2learn wrote:

Syokimau ya Londokwe inapostiagwa kwa club SK.

Hapa ni serious talk about wealth , hapana mchezo.
2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
wanyuru
#23 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:29:08 PM

got this from the just concluded homes expo. These guys were saying they can put up your house in 45 days and they can start with....the garage and add on the rest mpaka you have that 4 bedroom dream house....wanatumia steel!!

http://space-frame.co.uk/introduction.htm
wanyuru
#24 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:32:08 PM

'user' wrote:
willin2learn wrote:

Syokimau ya Londokwe inapostiagwa kwa club SK.

Hapa ni serious talk about wealth , hapana mchezo.

labda huyu willin is talking about ile kyakamau ya londokwe!
GGK
#25 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:35:00 PM

I bought a copy of the current issue of Homes Kenya Magazine. There is a story there that Mabati Rolling Mills (NRM) are to start selling prefabricated houses. Specifically, it says a ready-made steel house will retail at 80k for a two and 160k for four-room homes respectively.

I will do a followup on this and post my findings right here.

Most likely the above cost might not be including the foundation.
"..I am because we are. "― Ubuntu, Umtu,
Cde Monomotapa
#26 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:47:48 PM

In a country where the real wrath of mother nature hardly shows i.e cyclones, typhoons, tornandos e.t.c we'd think prefabs should have been here longtime ago! Oh well, better late than never and thanks for the info pple.
Gathige
#27 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 6:13:17 PM

@ User

Thanks for the email. I have emailed you some stuff. Hope it will help
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
'user'
#28 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:28:16 PM

Gathige wrote:
@ User

thanks for the guide, will use it as my manual as soon as I get going.Naomba Mola anisaidie mipango yangu ifaulu.
Thanks for assurance that with Kshs 420 000 it's possible.I also had some doubts.

2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
radio
#29 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 8:36:14 PM

'user' wrote:
Gathige wrote:
@ User

thanks for the guide, will use it as my manual as soon as I get going.Naomba Mola anisaidie mipango yangu ifaulu.
Thanks for assurance that with Kshs 420 000 it's possible.I also had some doubts.

@user, can you share this info with me here mrhdradio at gmail, I might be your neighbor. I have always entertained the idea of building a mwananchi house at the corner and move in. Later, I can build the house of my dreams in the remaining space.
Foz00
#30 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:16:55 PM

@ user @ radio kindly share info oloijuok at gmail
'user'
#31 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 9:21:01 PM

msijali wananchi .I will edit any personal information and post the guideline here for all to benefit.
kiterunner
#32 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 11:06:41 PM

Hi user, this thread is very timely, i recently went through all old threads on construction and made notes, if you share the info you receive i am happy to help to have a write up on a mwananchi house, i am also interested in a similar project around those sides. There are prefabs in syokimau (the parliament staff houses) I believe

please share and we can collabo once you are set, thank you

@ user @ radio @ gathige please sambaza details to busy.idler@yahoo.co.uk
our goals are best achieved indirectly
danas10
#33 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:51:30 AM

'user' wrote:
msijali wananchi .I will edit any personal information and post the guideline here for all to benefit.

Applause Applause Applause tutakukumbusha ukisahau smile
Lolest!
#34 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:42:45 AM

Very encouraging. Rents are going up like crazy.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
'user'
#35 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 9:02:11 AM

Steps to buiding a mwananchi house:

Site: Select a good location with a good soil type. Murram and red soil types good but black cotton terrible. This will determine how much you will spend on the foundation costs ( excavations and filling in with hard-core)
Design the house type. This will depend on you taste and budget. Once you have a design you like, discuss it with a good professional and then he can translate it to a plan for approvals where necessary. Lucky for me I live in a place where no approvals are needed!

Come up with a budget. If you build in phases, make sure that phase 1 is able to secure something you can move into as you build. Mine(na sio ya 'user') is a maissonette and this is what I did,

Phase 1: Excavation/ground slab/Walling and shutter.
Phase 2: Windows and doors
Phase 3: Fittings and plastering and moved in
Phase 4: Finishing first floor and moved in after some years

When you build in phase, you are able to continue with other things as you build rather that putting on hold all other things because of the construction.

Lessons learnt

Materials: Don’t trust the Fundis. Once you have the BOQ, source for the best prices for quality items. Too cheap may be a sign of fake. Don’t pay for materials and leave the fundi’s or hardware owner to deliver. They collude and deliver less and share the loot.

Door and windows: If you have electricity on site, buy chumas and get a fundi to do it at site. It saves costs and you get what you need.

Plumbing and fittings: Here cheap is expensive. Buy good quality items and have a good fitter to do the work. If short on budget, better wait that keep replacing items.

Water harvesting: Harvest water from the roof. It’s clean and come at minimal cost as the roof is done and simple guttering will do.

Energy savings: Solar water heating is a good idea. When plumbing, have the hot water system installed. Later, you can install the solar system.

Wiring: Go for genuine items from reputable shops. Most fake items are sold as genuine!

With 420k it is doable. Best of luck

By gathige

ngwono
#36 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 9:47:09 AM

@User,

Tuko wengi rafiki yangu.Infact,i have been cracking that bone of paying around 150k in the name of rent next year and my heart was telling me that i would better have a humble beginin.

My case was even worse than your ,was thinking that the indicated amount above is enough for a decent murrum house which means i use the same soil removed from the land during escavation when they are making the toilet then i start saving for a decent house in future and my ka two bedroom will be used as the sarvant quarters.

Now with your 420k,you dont need to worry but avail yourself during the construction so that Fundis do not get chance to milk you dry
Chaka
#37 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 9:56:37 AM

Let me add that when buying a plot, be careful as what might appear to be a good plot will be a 'lake' during the rainy season...
'user'
#38 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 4:42:40 PM

1.How much do fundis in Nairobi charge?per day ? na mtu wa mkono?
Any reliable contacts for fundis?

2.Pia ninge penda kujua mbei ya Mabati from the lowest to the highest Lakini sana sana ile imeundwa kama clay tiles.

3.Roofing , bei ya mbao imefika wapi?

4.Plumber and good plumbing materials

Please like minded wazuans , do research on this and post here ndio mjengo Ikianza tujue tutaenda wapi.

Glasses and ninio ya kuziweka najua nitapata wapi(hussein glass kenya Ltd)

-drawings Kanju nishapata contact na bei
-Mawe nimepata contact na bei
-Sand nimepata contact na bei
-Cement bei almost the same everywhere
-Milango niko na contact na bei

Its possible

GGK
#39 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:11:13 PM

- Fundi @800/day KYM @400/day
- Roofing: Try Lifestile by NRM [570x2000mm] @Ksh1,650/= it is stone coated
- timber cypress 4x2@43/=,3x2@33/=, 2x2@22/=

'user' wrote:
1.How much do fundis in Nairobi charge?per day ? na mtu wa mkono?
Any reliable contacts for fundis?

2.Pia ninge penda kujua mbei ya Mabati from the lowest to the highest Lakini sana sana ile imeundwa kama clay tiles.

3.Roofing , bei ya mbao imefika wapi?

4.Plumber and good plumbing materials

P

"..I am because we are. "― Ubuntu, Umtu,
Chaka
#40 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:18:59 PM

'user' wrote:

Glasses and ninio ya kuziweka najua nitapata wapi(hussein glass kenya Ltd)

-drawings Kanju nishapata contact na bei
-Mawe nimepata contact na bei
-Sand nimepata contact na bei
-Cement bei almost the same everywhere
-Milango niko na contact na bei

Its possible

@user,
What about hardcore?