wazua Thu, Mar 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages123>»
A 2 bedroom house at a cost of 420,000 in syokimau.
'user'
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:00:34 PM

A friend (for real) told me the house he is living cost him 420k(excluding land ) in the last 2 years in Syokimau.
A simple 2 bedroom bungalow.Na anakaanga huko.

I have another one who has confessed the same price independently in Utawala.

When I hear people talking of millions for construction or purchase of houses , I get discouraged cos siwesmek but these 2 friends have really motivated me . I now think I can own a house in Nairobi .

Those who have constructed houses in the said areas is this for real?

I just need a simple house.

2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
mwenza
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:20:40 PM

'user' wrote:
A friend (for real) told me the house he is living cost him 420k(excluding land ) in the last 2 years in Syokimau.
A simple 2 bedroom bungalow.Na anakaanga huko.

I have another one who has confessed the same price independently in Utawala.

When I hear people talking of millions for construction or purchase of houses , I get discouraged cos siwesmek but these 2 friends have really motivated me . I now think I can own a house in Nairobi .

Those who have constructed houses in the said areas is this for real?

I just need a simple house.

420K for a 2-bedroomed house? Aiiiiish!!!
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
majimaji
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:58:10 PM

Yes you can.
'user'
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:01:28 PM

majimaji wrote:

Yes you can.

Thanks
Experiences , please show us how it can be done if you have done it.

hakuna haja ya kujifanya tunazo (hela) kama hatuna.
I like being myself

Lets us build a mwananchi wa kawaida house hapa:
Fill in the blanks and add what is left

The structure:

1.Drawings and Kanju approval Kshs----- 40,000got this quotation)
2.Ground preparation(excavation/msingi and septic tank)--Kshs 30,000
3.Fundi KShs----Kshs(bado jua)
3.Blocks ya foundation 2 lorries Ksh -at 12000 per lorry =24,000
4.Block ya kujenga 3 lorries KShs lorries @ 19000 per lorry =57,000
5.Mbao/Timber roofing Kshs (bado Kujua)
6.Roofing Mabati (bado Kujua)
7.Windows & Doors grills(grills & window glasses and niniio ya kuwekelea hizo glass- 45,000

10.Cement 100 bags@800 approx 80,000
11.Sand 5 Lorries 12000 =60,000
12.Rangi -Paint & nail -20000

End product

Nyumba ya mwananchi.

2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
TD
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:20:29 PM

It has to be quite bare - no plumbing, no elec wiring, no plaster inside, no paint and possibly a basic floor - koroga tu. Mlango ya mbao, mabati ya 32 gauge roof.
'user'
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:25:24 PM

TD wrote:
It has to be quite bare - no plumbing, no elec wiring, no plaster inside, no paint and possibly a basic floor - koroga tu. Mlango ya mbao, mabati ya 32 gauge roof.

Na tukiongeza 200k iwe 620,000? then you get electrician away from Nairobi? wale hawajachanuka sana but qualified ? I know such who have done well in rural areas yu know kuna rural electrification

Kwani how much is a piece of good mabati zile zinakaa kama tiles za brown?

By the way 80 bags of cement can plaster this house well kama building blocks zimechongwa vizuri.
Nimeona milango ni ya grill.( friend ordered at for milango and dirisha for 34,500/= in my presence for his 2 bedroom house (nikiona mwenyewe)

Lets continue building the ark( nyumba ya mwananchi)
GGK
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:33:32 PM

For arguments sake, lets assume that the house house is 50sqm. This works out to something like Ksh8,400/sqm. Quite ambitious but doable
"..I am because we are. "― Ubuntu, Umtu,
'user'
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:35:54 PM

GGK wrote:
For arguments sake, lets assume that the house house is 50sqm. This works out to something like Ksh8,400/sqm. Quite ambitious but doable

Thanks wale wanasema haiwezekani ni macontractors ama ni malandlords? I'm I chanuaring wazuans?
GGK
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:39:53 PM

For those going this route, try and go for some modular design that can be extended to say for 4 bedroom. You never know ....unaweza kuwa sonko one day
"..I am because we are. "― Ubuntu, Umtu,
'user'
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:50:27 PM

By the way I have been doing a feasibility study on a kaplot I luckily own and I have gotten as many contacts as possible from my soon to be neighbours and I have seen its possible.And the area is now getting filled up with residential houses.
so wazuans please share your part on what you know .Tusaidiane
Gathige
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:11:20 PM

@ User,

A house as a basic need is basically a roof over your head. Same as clothing- anything that covers bare skin is clothing, the rest of differentiation is by choice and means.

You can put a house in phases provided you are comfortable living in it as you build. Start by designing it yourself, do basic costing and then look for a professional to assist depending on what you need.

I personally did mine that way, though it took me 10 years. I invested kidogo kidogo until i finished. I did my garage first, moved there and today the whole thing is done.

Paste your email and i will get intouch with you my brother
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
'user'
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:24:54 PM

Gathige wrote:
@ User,

A house as a basic need is basically a roof over your head. Same as clothing- anything that covers bare skin is clothing, the rest of differentiation is by choice and means.

You can put a house in phases provided you are comfortable living in it as you build. Start by designing it yourself, do basic costing and then look for a professional to assist depending on what you need.

I personally did mine that way, though it took me 10 years. I invested kidogo kidogo until i finished. I did my garage first, moved there and today the whole thing is done.

my email
wazuauser@gmail.com
danas10
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:46:07 PM

'user' wrote:
Gathige wrote:
@ User,

my email
wazuauser@gmail.com

@ user, please post lessons here. some of us (me smile ) are following this and learning too. am also looking forward to starting small. hii mambo ya rent hainifurahishi.
Chaka
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:48:18 PM

@'user'
Can you take a picture of your pals house and post it here?
'user'
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:08:13 PM

Infact I have been taking photos and videos of any good house I come across in the area with my phone ndio niwe na picture ya kile nahitaji.
Sijawahi kujua kupost picha hapa lakini nitajaribu kuibluetooth kwa laptop yangu halafu ni post nikiweza

Anyway here are some drawings for a 2 bedroom house .
http://www.houseplans.com/2-bedroom-house-plans
You can get an idea from these.Na mind you the bungalows can be built with the Kshs.500,000 kama hakuna wastage cos ya friends wangu zinafanana na zingine hapa

Nyumba ya mwananchi iendelee.

oldfarer
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:49:13 PM

Did a small 2 bedroom in shags, it cost me 390K. But it has to be very basic. will post pic
Chaka
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:56:48 PM

Going the prefab route may make the house even cheaper:
http://www.businessdaily...30/-/9vhncg/-/index.html
bendi3
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:58:08 PM

Very inspiring....kumbe inawezekana.Cheers all.
The early worm, is the one caught by the early bird.........
'user'
#19 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:05:55 PM

bendi3 wrote:
Very inspiring....kumbe inawezekana.Cheers all.

the theme is :A House at the price of Probox, yes it's possible(though Probox imepanda saa hii) .

You just need not be lazy.Enda mashinani and you will see for yourself

Tuendeleeni kujenga, Nyumba ya mwananchi .

Similar houses in by developers within vicinity of my 'taket' are going for Kshs 3.4Million.Do the maths.

prefabs are ok too.Lakini mimi bado ona moja within the vicinity.
Pia how secure are prefabs ? anyone knows? where can I view a prefab house around Nairobi ?
How much do they cost?

oldfarer wrote:
Did a small 2 bedroom in shags, it cost me 390K. But it has to be very basic. will post pic

tafadhaliPray Pray

XSK
#20 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:18:16 PM

wazua! kuelimishana na kujengana...Tuendelee
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!