wazua Wed, Oct 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Uhuru Kenyatta barred from parliament over the KSHs issues
freiks
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2011 8:41:36 PM

I think sometimes our politicians takes matters personal to an higher level where politics should not be allowed. I dont think the Temp speaker took action based on the facts but just mere rhetoric. This is the time parliament should be burning midnight oil to look for solutions to the shilling

http://www.nation.co.ke/...2/-/67c8qvz/-/index.html
Life is an endless adventure
Cde Monomotapa
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2011 9:07:44 PM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly nkt!
Nabwire
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 13, 2011 11:20:28 PM

Wacha tu niulize swali, its an innocent question I just want to understand how Uhuru is head of Finance yet he studied Political Science?
Jus Blazin
#4 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 12:10:39 AM

Nabwire wrote:
Wacha tu niulize swali, its an innocent question I just want to understand how Uhuru is head of Finance yet he studied Political Science?

Because ministers are politicians politically appointed by prezzo, they are not technocrats.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Nabwire
#5 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 12:14:22 AM

OK,thank you. So technically its not his fault that the kshs is tanking? We cant say he's incompetent, we could however blame the Economist?
freiks
#6 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 12:30:19 AM

I totally believe a minister has very little on matters technical, he/she depends on the technocrats for decision making
Nabwire
#7 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 12:47:57 AM

freiks wrote:
I totally believe a minister has very little on matters technical, he/she depends on the technocrats for decision making

That doesnt make sense, if you are at the helm of anything, you can have people who assist in mundane tasks or who you delegate duties to, but the final decision should be made by you. How then, can Uhuru make final decisions on a field as complicated as Finance, which he received no training for? I cant imagine Bernanke or Geithner relying on coworkers to make decisions, in that case, the coworkers should be the Finance minister.
freiks
#8 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 12:58:51 AM

Nabwire wrote:
freiks wrote:

That doesnt make sense, if you are at the helm of anything, you can have people who assist in mundane tasks or who you delegate duties to, but the final decision should be made by you. How then, can Uhuru make final decisions on a field as complicated as Finance, which he received no training for? I cant imagine Bernanke or Geithner relying on coworkers to make decisions, in that case, the coworkers should be the Finance minister.

True but it beats logic when we have the so called guys with training who did terribly poor....masahakhia and Okemo. I will still stick to my point of you have to depend on advice given. Even at proffesssional levels decision making depends on some of this
gohill
#9 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 9:43:27 AM

Nabwire wrote:

Anyang Nyong'o studied political science, George Saitoti Mathematics, Kiraitu Murungi Law etc. So don't say don't ask.
mukiha
#10 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 9:59:20 AM

@Nabwire:

You don't have to be a doctor to be the CEO of a hospital. In fact, hospitals headed by medical doctors have consistently performed worse than those headed by non-medics.

What would you about the CEO of KWS? Julius Kipngetich has absolutely no training in wildlife science, but KWS has registered the biggest success under his watch.

Remember what I wrote in a different thread: "It is not what you can do with education that matters; it is what education does in you that counts"!
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Burning Spear
#11 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 10:02:16 AM

mukiha wrote:
@Nabwire:

You don't have to be a doctor to be the CEO of a hospital. In fact, hospitals headed by medical doctors have consistently performed worse than those headed by non-medics.

What would you about the CEO of KWS? Julius Kipngetich has absolutely no training in wildlife science, but KWS has registered the biggest success under his watch.

Remember what I wrote in a different thread: "It is not what you can do with education that matters; it is what education does in you that counts"!

well answered !!
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it". Malcolm X
Lucid_Iam
#12 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 10:31:37 AM

Nabwire, you also selectively forgot to mention he studied Economics as well http://www.linkedin.com/in/uhurukenyatta
Cde Monomotapa
#13 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 1:29:57 PM

And so we passed the current Constitution. Let's see whether its governance overhaul shall improve our lot smile
Nabwire
#14 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2011 11:51:34 PM

This is the kind of thinking that keeps Kenya behind. How can you compare how a hospital is run to how an entire country is run? A hospital is afterall a business and anyone with good managerial skills can run it, you dont necessarily have to be a doctor. But the Finance department is the backbone of a country, I would assume that the highest qualified person(s) should be the one to run it, unless ofcourse everyone doesnt mind their govt being run like a hospital.
And how did I selectively forget that he studied Economics, there is no mention of that on Wikipedia. My beef was not with those other ministeries, lets be real anyone can run ministry of lands, agriculture, forestry etc etc. Lets just pretend that Kenya was a G7 country and coz of the GFC the Finance ministers held a meeting, does it mean that Uhuru's minions would be the ones to attend? By the way im not bashing Uhuru, im bashing the thinking that anyone can run Finance ministry.
Lucid_Iam
#15 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2011 5:58:09 PM

Nabwire, you should have done more research before posting since its a posting on his ministerial position based on his qualification(s), for an objective analysis. Wikipedia is not the only source of information.