wazua Wed, Oct 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

making money as an activist
nesta
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 12:22:25 PM

Hi there.

I have just watched Isaak Ahmed on TV and I think that guy is really at the top. Unfortunately, I am not sure whether people can say the same thing about me. For this reason, I have considered becoming a professional activist.

Well, I am not sure how much one is likely to earn, but I guess the activists earn more than I do. My only problem is that I will have to forfeit common sense since many of my beliefs will cause me not to be in “good standing” with other professional activists. For example:

1. I support torture to the extent that it is justifiable. For example, if someone kidnapped my child and then 20 minutes later he is found by the police, I think he should be tortured until he tells where my child is.

2. I do not support women’s rights. I think that it rubbish. I support rights for all human beings. I don’t think the wife to njenga karume is more marginalized than the boy who was suckling a goat the other day.

3. I support the NIS bill. I think a lot of other professional activists are trying to make Kenya “progressive” instead of making it powerful. The flying squad should be merged with the ATPU to form a lethal force against terrorists, drug traffickers, and other dangerous criminals.

4. I think the average politician is more in touch with reality than the average Kenyan.

There are many other things that put me in bad standing with the activists. Question is, how can I make money in my profession with such a mindset. Please help.
On Christ Alone
For Sport
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 12:32:55 PM

Join Parliament...no wait, you're a couple of years late. This should have been in the 80s and 90s
(move thread)
Jackson_Omari
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 12:33:08 PM

i have also been been following the IBEC interviews, and just watched the worst interview in history of interviews, A Mr. Wakahiu was caught severally in lies, contradicted himself severally and worst of all live on TV!!!! someone needs to make a DVD of this and be required viewing for all job seekers in this age of the new constitution.
For Sport
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 12:35:15 PM

Jackson_Omari wrote:
i have also been been following the IBEC interviews, and just watched the worst interview in history of interviews, A Mr. Wakahiu was caught severally in lies, contradicted himself severally and worst of all live on TV!!!! someone needs to make a DVD of this and be required viewing for all job seekers in this age of the new constitution.

That was painful to watch. Guy just doesnt know when to shut up and opt out.
bartum
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 12:46:52 PM

surely its painfull,surely this is the kind of lawyers who swinddle clients money and change names of firms or fly out or change address to read mombasa taugh his office is in nbi
Rude_Dufflebag_Bwoi
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:14:58 PM

@Nesta, i thought activism was non-profit.The only funding you get is from sponsors for the purposes of furthering your cause, not sef-gain.
Get Rich or Die Trying
bwenyenye
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:53:31 PM

nesta wrote:
Hi there.

I have just watched Isaak Ahmed on TV and I think that guy is really at the top. Unfortunately, I am not sure whether people can say the same thing about me. For this reason, I have considered becoming a professional activist.

Well, I am not sure how much one is likely to earn, but I guess the activists earn more than I do. My only problem is that I will have to forfeit common sense since many of my beliefs will cause me not to be in “good standing” with other professional activists. For example:

1. I support torture to the extent that it is justifiable. For example, if someone kidnapped my child and then 20 minutes later he is found by the police, I think he should be tortured until he tells where my child is.

2. I do not support women’s rights. I think that it rubbish. I support rights for all human beings. I don’t think the wife to njenga karume is more marginalized than the boy who was suckling a goat the other day.

3. I support the NIS bill. I think a lot of other professional activists are trying to make Kenya “progressive” instead of making it powerful. The flying squad should be merged with the ATPU to form a lethal force against terrorists, drug traffickers, and other dangerous criminals.

4. I think the average politician is more in touch with reality than the average Kenyan.

There are many other things that put me in bad standing with the activists. Question is, how can I make money in my profession with such a mindset. Please help.

Being a mercenary will work very well for you! Check out Libya for contracts
I Think Therefore I Am
shalishali
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 12, 2011 3:45:01 PM

Rude_Dufflebag_Bwoi wrote:
@Nesta, i thought activism was non-profit.The only funding you get is from sponsors for the purposes of furthering your cause, not sef-gain.

I disagree, they do it for bread!!non one should fool you!Pray
UKITAFUTA UKABILA UTAKUFA BILA!