wazua Wed, Oct 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Saitoti's 2012's chances: Surely.
ali
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 09, 2011 7:34:07 PM

I read the Daily Nation's analysis of saitoti's chances & i was to say the least, shocked. That, the paper said, saitoti stands a great chance in 2012. Reasons advanced: hague process, bi-tribal identity or lack of it. I.e. Gema & maa. While Nation guys entitled to their views, i must say that those views are conjured and arrived at in an academic sort of way, with no touch with reality. While my views are purely just that, i.e. Views, i must point out that Saitoti's ethnic identity will most likely play a very minimal role in bettering his chances. The guy has no mass following outside kajiado north. What networks does he has? Take the guy somewhere in endebess, or kilgoris, or taita or tongaren or kambirwa..where the rural folk are. He can't connect..he looks 'Lordish' in a way. While i must admit that i'll vote for the guy any day over some orange clad guy, i am not sure the same can be replicated in many areas. I also admit, the guy's pockets are deep, bottomless and loaded. I'm of the view that, like balala, kamenchu and others, he just want to position himself to be a pointman and have bargaining power come 2013. Bt i respect him for his decorum and gentlemaness. Hague process, hapana, i dont see mt kenya masses trooping to him in the event mutongoria njamba is inconvinienced. But I see him teeming up with someone else, not as a leader bt a top league player, king maker sorts of. Bt i could be wrong.
For in him (Jesus) we live and move and have our being-Acts 17:28
ali
#2 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 7:02:45 PM

But he could make a loyal minister anytime. Rumours have it that agwambo plots to have him in his team.
Gordon Gekko
#3 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 8:01:08 PM

The only time my t bond fetched a return of 70% was courtesy of him. The investment climate will definitely be vibrant.
ali
#4 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 10:05:38 PM

I watched local news today and passed by NTV on my way to the better channels like citizen and ktn. In the few mins i was there, i saw some 'expert' saying that saitoti's lack of tribe would be a plus. The kenyans i know vote the other way round. Most.
McReggae
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:02:14 AM

When akina Mutava's, Tuju's, Eugine's, Kiyapi's and PK's of this world are believed to have chances then Saitoti definitely has a chance!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
nostoppingthis
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:39:49 AM

ali wrote:
I watched local news today and passed by NTV on my way to the better channels like citizen and ktn. In the few mins i was there, i saw some 'expert' saying that saitoti's lack of tribe would be a plus. The kenyans i know vote the other way round. Most.

TRUE!! When is EMK endorsing UK ama GS (non-tribal, how about returning to his Kiambu roots) as the best candidates for presidency?
KulaRaha
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:05:52 AM

The guy barely won his own constituency...if you recall all the drama and late results there.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
ali
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:45:41 AM

Rumours have it that he didnt win but used altenative ways to win. Fortunately, ole sakuda gave up with following the same kwa coats. Sakuda's wife witheld cash to pursue a petition and he had to go back to US. (rumours). Bt i hear the guy has unmatched finances. Like during NARC's formation, his financing of the party/campaigns was unmatched.
mwenza
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:11:18 AM

Hayo mambo ya muru wa muthengi kuwa na pesa nyingi mimi hapana kubali.
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
ali
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:29:48 AM

@mwenza...perhaps you could tell us more. Mbona hapana kubali? Kuna mtu iko na investments mingi kama yeye hapa kajiado? Na kanu days? Ok, not as much as muthamaki uhuru, bt i guess he has
mwenza
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:51:57 AM

ali wrote:
@mwenza...perhaps you could tell us more. Mbona hapana kubali? Kuna mtu iko na investments mingi kama yeye hapa kajiado? Na kanu days? Ok, not as much as muthamaki uhuru, bt i guess he has

@ali....Trust me, saitoti's purported immense wealth is a creation of the media. Ask anybody from Olkeri.
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
Njung'e
#12 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 12:40:11 PM

No chance....Not one better than Kukubo's
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Impunity
#13 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 12:46:11 PM

Which rich?What are some of the companies he is associated with?
He cant be richer than Me...
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

mwenza
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 12:52:57 PM

........and some people talk of the anger of Jomo's son.......... They haven't seen that of muru wa muthengi.
nostoppingthis
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 1:39:09 PM

ali wrote:
Rumours have it that he didnt win but used altenative ways to win. Fortunately, ole sakuda gave up with following the same kwa coats. Sakuda's wife witheld cash to pursue a petition and he had to go back to US. (rumours). Bt i hear the guy has unmatched finances. Like during NARC's formation, his financing of the party/campaigns was unmatched.

Si bibi alikimbia na passport back to the US...the guy mopped the floor with GS, lakini finally GS became the MP...and talking finance, I may go with @Mwenza on this....differentiate being rich from being wealthy..
wanyuru
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 1:49:52 PM

mwenza wrote:
........and some people talk of the anger of Jomo's son.......... They haven't seen that of muru wa muthengi.

Applause Applause

no one seems to have a rumour of what the guy owns.....
mwenza
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 2:42:26 PM

wanyuru wrote:
mwenza wrote:

Applause Applause

no one seems to have a rumour of what the guy owns.....

Everyone seems to imagine that since he was at the epicentre of the goldenberg scandal, then he must have amassed a fortune for himself.

You hear of:

...he has interests in Transnational Bank

...he has interests in cooperate insurance

...he has a farm in ....
ali
#18 Posted : Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:22:37 PM

Ostrich farm, another hotel huko down, malili technocity, transnational bank, some airline, dairy farming, etc