wazua Wed, Oct 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
5% of Kenya's soldiers must be disabled!
simonkabz
#1 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 8:53:49 AM

In addition, at least 33% must be women. I have lost all respect for this Nyachae fellow. This is ridiculous, outrageous....Did he also say that the pregnant mustn't be sidelined during recruitment? Is this guy of sound mind???
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
bkismat
#2 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 9:02:39 AM

IT is called Political Correctness. BK!!!
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
254.co.ke
#3 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 9:11:50 AM

@Kabz, I too was like, "is this guy serious". He behaves like the "Mr-know-it-all" in all matters constitution and for once i doubt this commission mandate. If he could have taken time to familiarize with basic some military SOPs document, i'm aware he could not have sounded this naive and ignorant.
Robinhood
#4 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 9:29:17 AM

This is the trouble with these NGO types. It is even worse when they write a constitution for you
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
keraka
#5 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 9:54:27 AM

254.co.ke wrote:
@Kabz, I too was like, "is this guy serious". He behaves like the "Mr-know-it-all" in all matters constitution and for once i doubt this commission mandate. If he could have taken time to familiarize with basic some military SOPs document, i'm aware he could not have sounded this naive and ignorant.
Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you You either clearly do not know what you r talking about or you are a carefree fellow who does not appreciate that disability is no inability.The Military is not necessarily for war front battles only which furthermore all Kenyan soldiers of our generation haven't engaged in anyway apart from police duties in countries at war.Appreciate this man/lady there are tens of functions within military which can be played by all and i say all if given a chance.I feel for our country.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
masukuma
#6 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 10:23:49 AM

keraka wrote:
254.co.ke wrote:
Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you You either clearly do not know what you r talking about or you are a carefree fellow who does not appreciate that disability is no inability.The Military is not necessarily for war front battles only which furthermore all Kenyan soldiers of our generation haven't engaged in anyway apart from police duties in countries at war.Appreciate this man/lady there are tens of functions within military which can be played by all and i say all if given a chance.I feel for our country.

its a joke! a bad one. A blind sniper? Wheelchairs in the infantry? Imagine a scenario in a firing range when someone always misses the target. the trainer cannot retort to asking them - "HOW COULD YOU MISS THAT? ARE YOU BLIND?"....they may just as well be!
Do they think people have the time to issue instructions (and abuses) e.t.c in Braille and sign language? The army is an insurance policy. you need it just incase someone desires to attack. Next time they will not have a minimum requirement....i mean, why should they? Anyone can be in the army - why should a person with a E be discriminated against because of his mental aptitude? Why should a person who is obviously overweight and can't run for 5 meters without collapsing and dying be denied the right to serve his country?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
keraka
#7 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 10:33:31 AM

masukuma wrote:
keraka wrote:
254.co.ke wrote:

its a joke! a bad one. A blind sniper? Wheelchairs in the infantry? Imagine a scenario in a firing range when someone always misses the target. the trainer cannot retort to asking them - "HOW COULD YOU MISS THAT? ARE YOU BLIND?"....they may just as well be!
Do they think people have the time to issue instructions (and abuses) e.t.c in Braille and sign language? The army is an insurance policy. you need it just incase someone desires to attack. Next time they will not have a minimum requirement....i mean, why should they? Anyone can be in the army - why should a person with a E be discriminated against because of his mental aptitude? Why should a person who is obviously overweight and can't run for 5 meters without collapsing and dying be denied the right to serve his country?
Liar Liar Would you mind to do some investigations about the US army then get back to us on how everybody can be involved in the noble duty of being our soldiers.I wouldn't mind giving you a link if asked to.N by the way what about those fat overfed lazy bones(Not all of course)i come across when i visit our military barracks.
Rahatupu
#8 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 10:34:19 AM

masukuma wrote:
keraka wrote:
254.co.ke wrote:

@Article27(4), is one piece of sh*t that cannot be implemented nor is it practicable in all realms of life. In all fairness why are there such procedures as selection/interviews etc? Why do mental aptitude, talent, skill, etc count?

Now over to the military and the disciplined forces and you bring in lobbying/activism it can't get anywhere. Look to the "role models", US and Europe and show me a top brass woman general. Or a lame/blind/mentally handicapped soldier.
Magigi
#9 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 10:45:15 AM

...Ati disabled soldiers!!! That is a first!
McReggae
#10 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 10:45:23 AM

This is very difficult to implement but why lambast a man who only read out the provisions of the constitution of the republic of kenYA????
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
kingfisher
#11 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 10:47:57 AM

Rahatupu wrote:
masukuma wrote:
keraka wrote:
254.co.ke wrote:

@Article27(4), is one piece of sh*t that cannot be implemented nor is it practicable in all realms of life. In all fairness why are there such procedures as selection/interviews etc? Why do mental aptitude, talent, skill, etc count?

Now over to the military and the disciplined forces and you bring in lobbying/activism it can't get anywhere. Look to the "role models", US and Europe and show me a top brass woman general. Or a lame/blind/mentally handicapped soldier.

see http://www.army.mil/women/profiles.html

Gen. Ann E. Dunwoody
Gen. Ann E. Dunwoody became the first female four-star general in military history and also became the first female to lead a major Army command Nov. 14, 2008. On that date she was promoted in a Pentagon ceremony and later that day she took command of Army Materiel Command headquartered on Fort Belvoir, Va. Approximately 5 percent of general officers in the Army are women, which includes mobilized Army Reserve and Army National Guard general officers.

Lt. Gen. Susan S. Lawrence
As the G-6, Lawrence supports the Chief of Staff of the Army and Army Staff in performing information management, network operations (including computer network defense), force structure, and the equipping and employment of signal forces.

Brig. Gen. Colleen L. McGuire
Brig. Gen. Colleen L. McGuire assumed responsibility as the first female provost marshal general of the Army and also took command of the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command in January 2010. During nearly 30 years of active service, she has been assigned in key command and staff billets from platoon level to the Army staff.

Lt. Gen. Claudia Kennedy
Lt. Gen. Claudia Kennedy was the first woman to achieve and hold the rank of lieutenant general. Her promotion also led to her being named the Army Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence, G-2.
Brigadier General Coral Pietsch

Brig. Gen. Coral Pietsch
The first-ever female general officer in the Judge Advocate General Corps, Brig. Gen. Coral Pietsch was also the first female Asian-American general officer in the U.S. Army.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
simonkabz
#12 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 10:51:26 AM

Keraka has been an activist on wazua oozing some armchair theories on matters he has no clue about. IGNORE.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
keraka
#13 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 10:52:27 AM

kingfisher wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:
masukuma wrote:
keraka wrote:
254.co.ke wrote:

see http://www.army.mil/women/profiles.html

Gen. Ann E. Dunwoody
Gen. Ann E. Dunwoody became the first female four-star general in military history and also became the first female to lead a major Army command Nov. 14, 2008. On that date she was promoted in a Pentagon ceremony and later that day she took command of Army Materiel Command headquartered on Fort Belvoir, Va. Approximately 5 percent of general officers in the Army are women, which includes mobilized Army Reserve and Army National Guard general officers.

Lt. Gen. Susan S. Lawrence
As the G-6, Lawrence supports the Chief of Staff of the Army and Army Staff in performing information management, network operations (including computer network defense), force structure, and the equipping and employment of signal forces.

Brig. Gen. Colleen L. McGuire
Brig. Gen. Colleen L. McGuire assumed responsibility as the first female provost marshal general of the Army and also took command of the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command in January 2010. During nearly 30 years of active service, she has been assigned in key command and staff billets from platoon level to the Army staff.

Lt. Gen. Claudia Kennedy
Lt. Gen. Claudia Kennedy was the first woman to achieve and hold the rank of lieutenant general. Her promotion also led to her being named the Army Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence, G-2.
Brigadier General Coral Pietsch

Brig. Gen. Coral Pietsch
The first-ever female general officer in the Judge Advocate General Corps, Brig. Gen. Coral Pietsch was also the first female Asian-American general officer in the U.S. Army.
Applause Applause Applause Applause Thanks Kingfisher.
254.co.ke
#14 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 11:02:41 AM

@Keraka...are you quoting the same US army which abolished the DADT policy a fortnight ago? Of coz, as you rightly puts it, I'm not an authority in matters military but at-least my ignorance on the same is not one tonne load.I know there are tens of OOTW duties, but tell me how concerns like one @Rahatupu ask will be addressed
simonkabz
#15 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 11:44:14 AM

Anyone with a clue of the no. of US generals in service today, and their capacities, vis ä vis Kenya?
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
masukuma
#16 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 11:47:14 AM

I am OK with women in the army - as long as they can hold a gun and shoot people when its required (thats like their JD - right?). Mentally Handicapped? watu wako na mchezo... disability is not inability but disability is not competence either!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Njung'e
#17 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 12:48:40 PM

There are 100s of civilians employed by the ministry of Defence (Including the minister himself) and i wish this is where CN wants the 5%.No problem because the civilian staff in MoD will help fight a war behind computers....For the men and women who will fight the war from the fox holes,i really beg to differ.Each must be physically good enough and this includes,the bandsman,cook,medic,dresser and so on.How,pray,are we going to make an easier physical course for those with disabilities??....Let's be honest.The frontline is not for everyone and the army cannot afford to be just another employer like NSSF or NHIF....period!
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
simonkabz
#18 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 12:59:08 PM

Imagine an army where half of them are women! Pure crap!!
I wonder what Ssevo would say of such nonsence, if he still thinks our male dominated army is inferior. Vita ikitokelezea 'afande niko na mimba'.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Njung'e
#19 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 1:49:59 PM

simonkabz wrote:
Vita ikitokelezea 'afande niko na mimba'.

Legend has it that this is how Wangu wa Makeri regime lost the last war against Gikuyu mensmile Drool
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
YesuWangu
#20 Posted : Monday, October 10, 2011 1:57:27 PM

masukuma wrote:
I am OK with women in the army - as long as they can hold a gun and shoot people when its required (thats like their JD - right?). Mentally Handicapped? watu wako na mchezo... disability is not inability but disability is not competence either!

Yes. The military is not only brawns. It needs brains too. It needs to get the smartest dudes around to work for it. Those who will think out the most innovative things, well within the safety of the militarys' most secure fortresses, for the muscle men to execute. What if these smartest dudes are women? Or needs spectacles?

But then again, once in a while you come across a tomboy who can match any man out there blow for blow. Such talent must be cupped.