wazua Wed, Oct 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Whats your little thing?
ali
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 08, 2011 8:51:10 PM

Wangari wa mathai's little thing was trees and she did her thing with passion. He changed the world. Whats your little thing? What is that you do to this place a better place? Don't rush to answer, don't defend self ati oh, you know life is hard, our politicians have spoilt everything, church leader can't be trusted, noo, its about you. What are you doing for a better world? Me, after thinking, i'm seeing that life just revolve around self. Just busy with rat race and busy with me things. Selfish man i'd say. As my chemistry teacher in Njiiri school used to tell me, look at yourself from a distance, assume you have never seen yourself before and evalute yourself....
For in him (Jesus) we live and move and have our being-Acts 17:28
'user'
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 08, 2011 9:51:05 PM

ali what is your little thing ? start by telling us.
2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
ali
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 09, 2011 7:00:27 AM

@user, unfortunately, i must admit i don't have. My life revolve around my family, my work and interests. I'd want to say that i always pray for kenya, which i do but, i do believe that real and effective prayers lead the prayer rm to the actual war field..and i've not involved self in any thing for my village, estate or country
For in him (Jesus) we live and move and have our being-Acts 17:28
Shak
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 09, 2011 7:57:36 AM

ali wrote:
@user, unfortunately, i must admit i don't have. My life revolve around my family, my work and interests. I'd want to say that i always pray for kenya, which i do but, i do believe that real and effective prayers lead the prayer rm to the actual war field..and i've not involved self in any thing for my village, estate or country

visit the wheelchair thread and see what other wazuans are doing. There are many opportunities to make a difference in this world
kenmac
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 09, 2011 8:47:14 AM

ali wrote:

am now inclined to beleive that a family diminishes one from concentrating on other things in life. It seems like women get a kick after getting divorced, they concentrate their passion, dedecation and energy on other issues. I have in mind martha karua, wangari maathai, sir leaf ellen johnson, margaret kamar, et al. Single women are also more likely to be more dedecated in their work than their married counterparts. In this, a glance at fida, njoki ndungu, oprah, et al. point is, these ladies have defined their little things that they do with passion and attract recognition.

So do single and divorced men have the same burning passion in their little things, perhaps they do. In mind is Chris kirubi, thomas edison, isaac newton,................ and of course me, et al.

Want to find your little thing, it should be your love.
......Ecclesiastes
YesuWangu
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 09, 2011 11:11:16 AM

kenmac wrote:
ali wrote:

am now inclined to beleive that a family diminishes one from concentrating on other things in life. It seems like women get a kick after getting divorced, they concentrate their passion, dedecation and energy on other issues. I have in mind martha karua, wangari maathai, sir leaf ellen johnson, margaret kamar, et al. Single women are also more likely to be more dedecated in their work than their married counterparts. In this, a glance at fida, njoki ndungu, oprah, et al. point is, these ladies have defined their little things that they do with passion and attract recognition.

So do single and divorced men have the same burning passion in their little things, perhaps they do. In mind is Chris kirubi, thomas edison, isaac newton,................ and of course me, et al.

Want to find your little thing, it should be your love.

A family does not diminish anything. When you look at your baby, or any baby for that matter, what in you is heightened? Is it comparable to gold or accolades? The family is being diminished and with it the society will go. Look at America!
Cardinal
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 09, 2011 11:26:03 AM

My little thing is to stop beer taking and be disciplined so that my kids grow well
kenmac
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 09, 2011 4:28:33 PM

YesuWangu wrote:

A family does not diminish anything. When you look at your baby, or any baby for that matter, what in you is heightened? Is it comparable to gold or accolades? The family is being diminished and with it the society will go. Look at America!

then the family is the little thing for most people, on which they spend most of their efforts...leaving less for other things. Even wangari admitted that if she had a second chance, she would have spent more time with her children....which maybe would have
......Ecclesiastes
butterflyke
#9 Posted : Sunday, October 09, 2011 8:14:53 PM

My little thing is paying school fees for those less fortunate....a small contribution to the future of a boy and a girl.

We can all look back at our lives and wish we had done some things differently....I am sure the late Prof. felt the same but suffice to say that she did what she did when she could in the circumstances she was in.....and my!, wasn't it amazing!
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
famooz
#10 Posted : Sunday, October 09, 2011 9:04:58 PM

Thanks @ butterfl* for bringing this thread back on track- it was not really about divorcees vs their causes.......it was about what our little thing is.

Well mine is about education as well- something about helping a kid out ( school fees,books etc) that really touches me.....and when i do it ,it gives me satisfaction :)