wazua Sun, Jul 22, 2018
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Boiling Tap Water
McReggae
#21 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 4:10:56 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/17/2008
Posts: 23,321
Location: Nairobi
Mukiha, and the part about ditribution system for the treated water???

MB: I don't boil!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
2012
#22 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 4:51:12 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 12/9/2009
Posts: 5,621
Location: Nairobi
Chaka wrote:
Magigi wrote:
Used to buy bottled water until I found out it was sewage bottled water...Now I drink right from the tap...and still alive...

@Magigi,how did you find out?



Again, how did you find out and which brand is it?

When you choose to do good God will help you. When you choose to do bad the devil will help you. Tafakari.
Lolest!
#23 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 5:27:30 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 10,928
Location: Kianjokoma
Better be safe than sorry. I take borehole water not NAWASCO water
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Spend.thrift
#24 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 5:57:54 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/11/2009
Posts: 302
mukiha wrote:
'user' wrote:
mukiha wrote:
Do you?

If yes; why?

why ? Mukiha, Now tell us why you asked this ???


Because I think it is a complete waste of energy [and money]. Boiling will not kill any germs that survived the chlorination.

And to clear the air:

FACT: the City Council bought chalk dust instead of chlorine one time only

FACT: the chalk never found its way into the water system. After chalk does NOT dissolve in water!!

FACT: the City council has NEVER supplied untreated water to residents.

So why do people still feel the need to boil tap water before drinking?

I usually ask people whether they also boil bathing water or the water used for rinsing utensils. It's silly when you think about it: you wash the glass with "dirty" water and then use it to drink boiled "clean" water!!!

Me?

I don't bother boiling it.



Mukiha, I agree with. In fact I laugh at one of my female colleagues who always insists on bottled water at the lunch joint because she also takes fresh juice at the same place. Now, tell me if there is a caterer who uses bottled water to make juice.

However, in some Nairobi estates, boiling water is a necessity, especially where the piping system is so rusty. at one point in Doni, some kitchen taps produced grey sewer stained water. But again you boil the water and you don't take care of the container in which you cool it or store it. and then whoeverthinks that the fridge is a clean place is dead wrong...hata kama iko na Silver Nano.
Euge
#25 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 7:17:31 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 8/4/2008
Posts: 2,754
Location: Rupi
Spend.thrift wrote:
mukiha wrote:
'user' wrote:
mukiha wrote:
Do you?

If yes; why?

why ? Mukiha, Now tell us why you asked this ???


Because I think it is a complete waste of energy [and money]. Boiling will not kill any germs that survived the chlorination.

And to clear the air:

FACT: the City Council bought chalk dust instead of chlorine one time only

FACT: the chalk never found its way into the water system. After chalk does NOT dissolve in water!!

FACT: the City council has NEVER supplied untreated water to residents.

So why do people still feel the need to boil tap water before drinking?

I usually ask people whether they also boil bathing water or the water used for rinsing utensils. It's silly when you think about it: you wash the glass with "dirty" water and then use it to drink boiled "clean" water!!!

Me?

I don't bother boiling it.



Mukiha, I agree with. In fact I laugh at one of my female colleagues who always insists on bottled water at the lunch joint because she also takes fresh juice at the same place. Now, tell me if there is a caterer who uses bottled water to make juice.

However, in some Nairobi estates, boiling water is a necessity, especially where the piping system is so rusty. at one point in Doni, some kitchen taps produced grey sewer stained water. But again you boil the water and you don't take care of the container in which you cool it or store it. and then whoeverthinks that the fridge is a clean place is dead wrong...hata kama iko na Silver Nano.


Nowadays, they use gaseous chroline. I remember one time taps in Umoja were chucking sewage. Seriously. That was about 2 years ago. Its hard to drink tap water in some estates.
Lord, thank you!
Spend.thrift
#26 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 7:26:12 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/11/2009
Posts: 302
Euge wrote:
Spend.thrift wrote:
mukiha wrote:
'user' wrote:
mukiha wrote:
Do you?

If yes; why?

why ? Mukiha, Now tell us why you asked this ???


Because I think it is a complete waste of energy [and money]. Boiling will not kill any germs that survived the chlorination.

And to clear the air:

FACT: the City Council bought chalk dust instead of chlorine one time only

FACT: the chalk never found its way into the water system. After chalk does NOT dissolve in water!!

FACT: the City council has NEVER supplied untreated water to residents.

So why do people still feel the need to boil tap water before drinking?

I usually ask people whether they also boil bathing water or the water used for rinsing utensils. It's silly when you think about it: you wash the glass with "dirty" water and then use it to drink boiled "clean" water!!!

Me?

I don't bother boiling it.



Mukiha, I agree with. In fact I laugh at one of my female colleagues who always insists on bottled water at the lunch joint because she also takes fresh juice at the same place. Now, tell me if there is a caterer who uses bottled water to make juice.

However, in some Nairobi estates, boiling water is a necessity, especially where the piping system is so rusty. at one point in Doni, some kitchen taps produced grey sewer stained water. But again you boil the water and you don't take care of the container in which you cool it or store it. and then whoeverthinks that the fridge is a clean place is dead wrong...hata kama iko na Silver Nano.


Nowadays, they use gaseous chroline. I remember one time taps in Umoja were chucking sewage. Seriously. That was about 2 years ago. Its hard to drink tap water in some estates.


@ Euge, please educate me. What is "chucking"?
McReggae
#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 8:23:00 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/17/2008
Posts: 23,321
Location: Nairobi
spend.thrift, kwani wewe ni mzee hivo!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
mukiha
#28 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 10:51:56 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/27/2008
Posts: 4,114
@Spend.thrift; I am not talking about any water. This is about TAP WATER.

@Euge; Yes. that was one of the 2 incidents that I mentioned. And as you say, it was 2 years ago. The problem was fixed and the system cleaned out.
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
mlefu
#29 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 10:58:03 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 2/11/2007
Posts: 1,680
Location: nairobi
cant wait for all the "metals" i have drunk all my life to turn me in to a robot, the thought of having a solid metal landing gear Drool Drool Drool Pray Pray
livie
#30 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 11:13:53 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 11/1/2008
Posts: 801
Magigi wrote:
Used to buy bottled water until I found out it was sewage bottled water...Now I drink right from the tap...and still alive...


Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
If you are going to be thinking only one thing, you might as well be thinking big. -Donald J . Trump
majimaji
#31 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 11:21:18 AM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 4/4/2007
Posts: 1,146

Beware: If you live in a block of flats and there is a common underground reservoir, ask yourself when it was last cleaned. Then ask yourself if it is leak proof and if there is a cess pit nearby.
If the water is pumped to an overhead tank, ask yourself: when was it last cleaned or inspected.
I remember one day when a friend inspected his overhead tank and found a dead kigogo (crow) inside. The bird had drowned...
Elder
#32 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 1:21:43 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/7/2010
Posts: 2,148
Location: elderville
mlefu wrote:
cant wait for all the "metals" i have drunk all my life to turn me in to a robot, the thought of having a solid metal landing gear Drool Drool Drool Pray Pray

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
Querry
#33 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:09:59 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 1/22/2011
Posts: 192
Location: nairobi
Lolest! wrote:
Better be safe than sorry. I take borehole water not NAWASCO water


How safe is your borehole water?

Might there be a latrine/septic tank in your area which will contaminate the water?
kangi
#34 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:24:25 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 7/23/2009
Posts: 521
1.How many people drink unboiled tap water in Nairobi?
2.What is the most likely outbreak as a result of drinking water straight from the tap?
3.Has there been an outbreak of water borne diseases for the last five years?
4.Do the NAWASCO fellas drink Nairobi's tap water?

I drink unboiled tap water for as long as I started taking water.
Accept no one's definition of your life; define your life.
'user'
#35 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:46:58 PM
Rank: Veteran


Joined: 12/3/2010
Posts: 1,141
Location: Londokwe
I use water guard just to be sure .
Before this I used to get diagnosed with typhoid and amoeba very frequently.The last time I got this was in 2001. I'm not sure if this was related to the water I drank that time but one thing I know I have been well since I started treating my water.
I use the treated water to wash fruits and salads.

Im not sure if the city council employees in charge of water treatment drink it from the tap.

2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
Lolest!
#36 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:53:09 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 10,928
Location: Kianjokoma
Querry wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Better be safe than sorry. I take borehole water not NAWASCO water


How safe is your borehole water?

Might there be a latrine/septic tank in your area which will contaminate the water?

which is why I always boil drinking water
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Intelligentsia
#37 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:55:07 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/1/2009
Posts: 2,414
mlefu wrote:
cant wait for all the "metals" i have drunk all my life to turn me in to a robot, the thought of having a solid metal landing gear Drool Drool Drool Pray Pray


na bado si furahiday...
Lolest!
#38 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2018 10:36:12 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 3/18/2011
Posts: 10,928
Location: Kianjokoma
Let's go back to tap water
Quote:
Soft drinks giant Coca-Cola has admitted to the presence of micro-plastics in Dasani water following a study released on Thursday that shows the brand is among 93 per cent of world’s famous bottled water products contaminated by tiny pieces of plastic.

The concentration of microplastics in Dasani water sourced in Kenya topped 335 plastic pieces for every litre.

https://www.nation.co.ke...43688-8o2li4z/index.html
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
AlphDoti
#39 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2018 11:07:24 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/20/2008
Posts: 5,495
Location: Kenya
How about my borehole water, and the other 2nd source piped water from the nearby river? We are using water filter like below for drinking water...

masukuma
#40 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2018 1:23:43 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 10/4/2006
Posts: 12,702
Location: Nairobi
AlphDoti wrote:
How about my borehole water, and the other 2nd source piped water from the nearby river? We are using water filter like below for drinking water...


shida where I am from is fluorine in water... trying to dodge the fluorosis bullet for they younger kids
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Copyright © 2018 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.