wazua Thu, Apr 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Boiling Tap Water
McReggae
#21 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 4:10:56 PM

Mukiha, and the part about ditribution system for the treated water???

MB: I don't boil!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
#22 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 4:51:12 PM

Chaka wrote:
Magigi wrote:
Used to buy bottled water until I found out it was sewage bottled water...Now I drink right from the tap...and still alive...

@Magigi,how did you find out?

Again, how did you find out and which brand is it?

BBI will solve it
:)
Lolest!
#23 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 5:27:30 PM

Better be safe than sorry. I take borehole water not NAWASCO water
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Spend.thrift
#24 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 5:57:54 PM

mukiha wrote:
'user' wrote:
mukiha wrote:
Do you?

If yes; why?

why ? Mukiha, Now tell us why you asked this ???

Because I think it is a complete waste of energy [and money]. Boiling will not kill any germs that survived the chlorination.

And to clear the air:

FACT: the City Council bought chalk dust instead of chlorine one time only

FACT: the chalk never found its way into the water system. After chalk does NOT dissolve in water!!

FACT: the City council has NEVER supplied untreated water to residents.

So why do people still feel the need to boil tap water before drinking?

I usually ask people whether they also boil bathing water or the water used for rinsing utensils. It's silly when you think about it: you wash the glass with "dirty" water and then use it to drink boiled "clean" water!!!

Me?

I don't bother boiling it.

Mukiha, I agree with. In fact I laugh at one of my female colleagues who always insists on bottled water at the lunch joint because she also takes fresh juice at the same place. Now, tell me if there is a caterer who uses bottled water to make juice.

However, in some Nairobi estates, boiling water is a necessity, especially where the piping system is so rusty. at one point in Doni, some kitchen taps produced grey sewer stained water. But again you boil the water and you don't take care of the container in which you cool it or store it. and then whoeverthinks that the fridge is a clean place is dead wrong...hata kama iko na Silver Nano.
Euge
#25 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 7:17:31 PM

Spend.thrift wrote:
mukiha wrote:
'user' wrote:
mukiha wrote:
Do you?

If yes; why?

Because I think it is a complete waste of energy [and money]. Boiling will not kill any germs that survived the chlorination.

And to clear the air:

FACT: the chalk never found its way into the water system. After chalk does NOT dissolve in water!!

I usually ask people whether they also boil bathing water or the water used for rinsing utensils. It's silly when you think about it: you wash the glass with "dirty" water and then use it to drink boiled "clean" water!!!

Me?

Mukiha, I agree with. In fact I laugh at one of my female colleagues who always insists on bottled water at the lunch joint because she also takes fresh juice at the same place. Now, tell me if there is a caterer who uses bottled water to make juice.

However, in some Nairobi estates, boiling water is a necessity, especially where the piping system is so rusty. at one point in Doni, some kitchen taps produced grey sewer stained water. But again you boil the water and you don't take care of the container in which you cool it or store it. and then whoeverthinks that the fridge is a clean place is dead wrong...hata kama iko na Silver Nano.

Nowadays, they use gaseous chroline. I remember one time taps in Umoja were chucking sewage. Seriously. That was about 2 years ago. Its hard to drink tap water in some estates.
Lord, thank you!
Spend.thrift
#26 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 7:26:12 PM

Euge wrote:
Spend.thrift wrote:
mukiha wrote:
'user' wrote:
mukiha wrote:
Do you?

If yes; why?

And to clear the air:

Me?

Nowadays, they use gaseous chroline. I remember one time taps in Umoja were chucking sewage. Seriously. That was about 2 years ago. Its hard to drink tap water in some estates.

@ Euge, please educate me. What is "chucking"?
McReggae
#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 8:23:00 AM

spend.thrift, kwani wewe ni mzee hivo!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
mukiha
#28 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 10:51:56 AM

@Spend.thrift; I am not talking about any water. This is about TAP WATER.

@Euge; Yes. that was one of the 2 incidents that I mentioned. And as you say, it was 2 years ago. The problem was fixed and the system cleaned out.
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
mlefu
#29 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 10:58:03 AM

cant wait for all the "metals" i have drunk all my life to turn me in to a robot, the thought of having a solid metal landing gear Drool Drool Drool Pray Pray
livie
#30 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 11:13:53 AM

Magigi wrote:
Used to buy bottled water until I found out it was sewage bottled water...Now I drink right from the tap...and still alive...

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
If you are going to be thinking only one thing, you might as well be thinking big. -Donald J . Trump
majimaji
#31 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 11:21:18 AM

Beware: If you live in a block of flats and there is a common underground reservoir, ask yourself when it was last cleaned. Then ask yourself if it is leak proof and if there is a cess pit nearby.
If the water is pumped to an overhead tank, ask yourself: when was it last cleaned or inspected.
I remember one day when a friend inspected his overhead tank and found a dead kigogo (crow) inside. The bird had drowned...
Elder
#32 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 1:21:43 PM

mlefu wrote:
cant wait for all the "metals" i have drunk all my life to turn me in to a robot, the thought of having a solid metal landing gear Drool Drool Drool Pray Pray

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
Querry
#33 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:09:59 PM

Lolest! wrote:

How safe is your borehole water?

Might there be a latrine/septic tank in your area which will contaminate the water?
kangi
#34 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:24:25 PM

1.How many people drink unboiled tap water in Nairobi?
2.What is the most likely outbreak as a result of drinking water straight from the tap?
3.Has there been an outbreak of water borne diseases for the last five years?
4.Do the NAWASCO fellas drink Nairobi's tap water?

I drink unboiled tap water for as long as I started taking water.
Accept no one's definition of your life; define your life.
'user'
#35 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:46:58 PM

I use water guard just to be sure .
Before this I used to get diagnosed with typhoid and amoeba very frequently.The last time I got this was in 2001. I'm not sure if this was related to the water I drank that time but one thing I know I have been well since I started treating my water.
I use the treated water to wash fruits and salads.

Im not sure if the city council employees in charge of water treatment drink it from the tap.

2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
Lolest!
#36 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:53:09 PM

Querry wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

How safe is your borehole water?

Might there be a latrine/septic tank in your area which will contaminate the water?

which is why I always boil drinking water
Intelligentsia
#37 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:55:07 PM

mlefu wrote:

na bado si furahiday...
Lolest!
#38 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2018 10:36:12 AM

Let's go back to tap water
Quote:
Soft drinks giant Coca-Cola has admitted to the presence of micro-plastics in Dasani water following a study released on Thursday that shows the brand is among 93 per cent of world’s famous bottled water products contaminated by tiny pieces of plastic.

The concentration of microplastics in Dasani water sourced in Kenya topped 335 plastic pieces for every litre.

https://www.nation.co.ke...43688-8o2li4z/index.html
AlphDoti
#39 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2018 11:07:24 AM

How about my borehole water, and the other 2nd source piped water from the nearby river? We are using water filter like below for drinking water...

masukuma
#40 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2018 1:23:43 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
How about my borehole water, and the other 2nd source piped water from the nearby river? We are using water filter like below for drinking water...

shida where I am from is fluorine in water... trying to dodge the fluorosis bullet for they younger kids
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!