wazua Sat, Sep 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
Bee's Portofolio
Nabwire
#1 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2011 10:22:22 PM

Bee since I offered to give you portofolio analysis for a year, I want to go ahead and be true to my word. Please note that these selections are not permanent, they may change over the course of the year. Also note the fine print, invest at your own risk.
Historically, October has been the sell off month, all the market crashes happened in October. So to prepare you on the fast approaching buying opportunity, here are some stocks that I think would make you money.

1. Pfizer($18.43)
2. Intel($19.60)
3. AT&T($28.10)
4. GE($15.67)

All these stocks are in the Dow 30, meaning they are very well capitalized plus more importantly they pay very good dividend yields. If you decide to put X amount on each of them, please double your amount of Pfizer. Also note that AT&T is planning to takeover Tmobile, though the Feds are blocking the takeover. If you buy before the takeover, you can make a handsome profitDrool , if AT&T is not succesful in the takeover, you are still invested in a great company.smile These 4 stocks should make up roughly 40-60% of your portofolio.
Then we move to growth stocks, a bit tricky coz I dont want to steer you in risky waters and you lose your money. So I will stay with large to midcaps that have been beaten down.

1. Xerox($7.88), this stock looks so promising, large market cap, revenue is up, net income is up, assets are up, im loving this stock.
2. Societe Generale ($6.18) I like this stock coz its one of Europe's biggest banks, its a great buy if Europe implodes.
3.Bank of America, im assuming you already own it, it will go through tough times but will come out victorious.

Lastly, leave some cash on hand, during these dicey times you need cash on hand just in case.
Please note that I am not currently buying, apart from BoA that I already own, im waiting for October to see which way the wind blows, you should do the same. I will make a point to inform you when I get in.
youcan'tstopusnow
#2 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2011 11:28:16 PM

Nabwire do you invest at the Nairobi Stock Exchange? There is value here too...
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Nabwire
#3 Posted : Friday, September 02, 2011 11:39:23 PM

Aguy, I am not invested at the NSE yet. I definetely will once I figure out how to open a CDS that I can track online without relying on my mum to do it for me, lets just say we are exact opposites. But im not that much in a hurry coz NSE is set to bleed atleast until the beginning of next year. SSA defintely is the next big thing, once the yankees figure out how to stabilize their economies.
Nabwire
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:49:47 PM

Goodness there is blood on the streets, down 400. Can October get here already? Moneygram now at 2.17. And where is Bee???
youcan'tstopusnow
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:54:37 PM

How have Societe Generale and BoA performed during the period?
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Nabwire
#6 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 12:02:02 AM

Societe is at $4.10, and BoA is at $6.06. I am a very patient investor, I know they have gone down and I expect them to go down even further next month. My buy was based on the fact that you cant call the bottom and also coz I know they will shoot up when the market turns around.
msaliti7
#7 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 3:27:11 AM

Nabwire wrote:
Bee since I offered to give you portofolio analysis for a year, I want to go ahead and be true to my word. Please note that these selections are not permanent, they may change over the course of the year. Also note the fine print, invest at your own risk.
Historically, October has been the sell off month, all the market crashes happened in October. So to prepare you on the fast approaching buying opportunity, here are some stocks that I think would make you money.

1. Pfizer($18.43)
2. Intel($19.60)
3. AT&T($28.10)
4. GE($15.67)

All these stocks are in the Dow 30, meaning they are very well capitalized plus more importantly they pay very good dividend yields. If you decide to put X amount on each of them, please double your amount of Pfizer. Also note that AT&T is planning to takeover Tmobile, though the Feds are blocking the takeover. If you buy before the takeover, you can make a handsome profitDrool , if AT&T is not succesful in the takeover, you are still invested in a great company.smile These 4 stocks should make up roughly 40-60% of your portofolio.
Then we move to growth stocks, a bit tricky coz I dont want to steer you in risky waters and you lose your money. So I will stay with large to midcaps that have been beaten down.

1. Xerox($7.88), this stock looks so promising, large market cap, revenue is up, net income is up, assets are up, im loving this stock.
2. Societe Generale ($6.18) I like this stock coz its one of Europe's biggest banks, its a great buy if Europe implodes.
3.Bank of America, im assuming you already own it, it will go through tough times but will come out victorious.

Lastly, leave some cash on hand, during these dicey times you need cash on hand just in case.
Please note that I am not currently buying, apart from BoA that I already own, im waiting for October to see which way the wind blows, you should do the same. I will make a point to inform you when I get in.

@ Nabwire,your finance professor must be very proud of yousmile though he forgot to remind you to dissociate theory from reality,sell offs were triggered by the S&P downgrade and the PIIGs debacle,keep on waiting for October just the way guys were waiting for Paka at 3Laughing out loudly ...the portfolio you are constructing above sounds like those fantasy portfolios you guys create in business schoolSad
Nabwire
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 12:08:01 AM

I dont know if he is proud of me, believe me there are studentswho are smarter than me, I know I cant believe it either...!!!
So are you saying my portofolio only looks good in theory? Wait and see, you will eat your words, there will be a big selloff in October. By the way I havent reached the part where we create portofolios, this is all me, so when I get there either the Prof will be totally stoked or I will learn some more tips
bartum
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 5:20:11 PM

@Nabwire, whats the dividendd yield of those stocks eg GE, AT&T,pfizer and intel
Nabwire
#10 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 11:40:45 PM

AT&T 6.20%
GE 4.00%
Pfizer 4.60%
Intel 3.90%
BoA 0.70%
Xerox 2.40%
Societe N/A
Moneygram N/A
Nabwire
#11 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 11:02:28 PM

The slide has started, down 240, a precursor to October earnings.
Cde Monomotapa
#12 Posted : Saturday, October 01, 2011 12:20:26 AM

Nabwire wrote:
The slide has started, down 240, a precursor to October earnings.

#Occupywallstreet
accelriskconsult
#13 Posted : Saturday, October 01, 2011 10:32:50 AM

Nabwire please note that you are breaking the law. You need to be registered as a advisor to make the kind of post that you have. Additionally, the advice offered to Bee sounds like hunches rather than well researched reasoning behind the stock selections. You need to understand whether bee is a value investor or a day trader. How much does bee have for investing in stocks? Without even going into analysis, it is quite obvious that the USA is going into the second phase of a double dip recession so why would you advice someone to put money in at this time? If I were you, I would be short selling.
iKenya
#14 Posted : Saturday, October 01, 2011 12:30:29 PM

accelriskconsult wrote:
Nabwire please note that you are breaking the law. You need to be registered as a advisor to make the kind of post that you have....

Wapi? in Wazua?? Ama anakuharibia soko?
Quote:
Buy when there's blood in the streets, even if the blood is your own...
Cde Monomotapa
#15 Posted : Saturday, October 01, 2011 1:42:33 PM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:

youcan'tstopusnow
#16 Posted : Saturday, October 01, 2011 3:01:11 PM

Cde Monomotapa wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:

Mambo iko hapa. You can't turn a blind eye on the massive opportunities in SSA. What I am interested in is future above-average uninterrupted growth.
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Hunderwear
#17 Posted : Saturday, October 01, 2011 3:39:42 PM

youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
Cde Monomotapa wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:

Mambo iko hapa. You can't turn a blind eye on the massive opportunities in SSA. What I am interested in is future above-average uninterrupted growth.

Hii SSA ni nini sasa
youcan'tstopusnow
#18 Posted : Saturday, October 01, 2011 8:46:58 PM

Hunderwear wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:
Cde Monomotapa wrote:
youcan'tstopusnow wrote:

Hii SSA ni nini sasa

Sub Saharan Africa
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Cde Monomotapa
#19 Posted : Saturday, October 01, 2011 9:16:23 PM

Hunderwear wrote:
Hii SSA ni nini sasa

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Nabwire
#20 Posted : Saturday, October 01, 2011 11:23:42 PM

accelriskconsult wrote:
Nabwire please note that you are breaking the law. You need to be registered as a advisor to make the kind of post that you have. Additionally, the advice offered to Bee sounds like hunches rather than well researched reasoning behind the stock selections. You need to understand whether bee is a value investor or a day trader. How much does bee have for investing in stocks? Without even going into analysis, it is quite obvious that the USA is going into the second phase of a double dip recession so why would you advice someone to put money in at this time? If I were you, I would be short selling.

I hope you know for a fact that I'm breaking the law, if so then it would be bye bye Wazua coz I wouldnt want the Feds knocking on my door over some virtual clients. I will look into it but I doubt it coz there are so many people online giving their investment advice. And furthermore, Bee is not paying me a single cent for this advice!!! Also, she has gone MIA so this blog is really my online diary that I can go back and look at when the market turns around and learn from my mistakes. It looks like you spoke too soon, I already addressed the issue of whether Bee was a day trader or value investor, and the issue of how much she is willing to invest here http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...spx?g=posts&t=10570
Whats with people and trying to knock your hustle, if my advice is hunches, wouldnt it be wise to wait until the market turns so as to prove me wrong? Under what grounds do you term my advice hunches?Shame on you So show me your well researched advice so we can compare. About double dip recession, again you spoke too soon, soma hapo juu I told her I am waiting till October to see where the wind blows then Im all in. By the way Bee does not have to follow my advice, she can choose to be a bystander like you want her to, and watch the Market zoom past her. So what are you suggesting, that I should wait until the Market is up 20% then give the buy recommendation? Are you thus insinuating that Warren Buffet, who is buying like crazy, is a fool? Just last night he was being interviewed and was asked about his thoughts on BoA purchase which is now lower than the price he bought it at. His response, I dont care, I would rather the price keep going lower so I can buy some more. Wahenga walisema aliye na macho haambiwi tazama ama nunua smile About short selling, I dont like back door advice, so thankfully you are not mesmile