wazua Wed, Oct 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages«<56789>
Ocampo loses case against suspect
McReggae
#121 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:22:27 PM

Khan now says he can't continue with the witness Thita Mwangi unless he is allowed to give some documents to Thuita, court adjourns to rule on the matter!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
KulaRaha
#122 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:27:53 PM

maybe he needs de-cocooning...??

LOL
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
'user'
#123 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:30:44 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
maybe he needs de-cocooning...??

LOL

yes some last minute coaching .and He will say he has never talked to Muthaura , he does not know Muthaura.He saw him the first time at the Hague.We are used to this and the Judges have also got used to this .
These witnesses are becoming very predictable.
2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
jano
#124 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:35:48 PM

did i just read my name? stop 'hagueing' me
McReggae
#125 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:52:48 PM

my goon my goon earned some supporters here at wazua the other day....mko waphi???
http://www.the-star.co.k...-ocampo-confirm-his-case
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
mdudu
#126 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:07:23 PM

Quote:
When someone wages war he expects the other to defend himself or flee. Kikuyus and Kalenjins are entangled in land ownership raw and that is a fact that will never change until the price is paid. With time they will learn that shedding of blood is not enough a price. The PEV destruction is a lesson they've learnt.
Some comment on the daily nation.
Drunkard
#127 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:39:41 PM

.... Do you people want Drunkard to explain simple question like this?; were the violence spontaneous? Yes and No, for this matter, Ocampo do not need to prove beyond reasonable doubt, this is not a trial, this is confirmation of charges the only thing Ocampo need to do at the moment is to show probable cause that violence were planned for the case to move to the next stage, however, the defense need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the violence were not planned for the case to be thrown out; the worst thing that can happen to Ocampo is to be asked to provide additional evidences to support his claims, the best thing that can happen to the defence is a delay of confirmation until Ocampo provide more evidence.

.... There is no question in anyone's mind that, at some stage, the violence were planned, how else did the attackers know where and who is Kikuyu, Kale, luo, luhya? Lets not be foolishly tribal, the violence lasted for 1 full month so there must have been some sort of planning at some stage, you cannot tell a Judge sitting in ICC that for one month people attacked blindly with no plan at all, that is silly. The question is were the people in ICC responsible? at that is what we're trying to get into. All Ocampo need to do is to show probable cause which I think he has already, but when the case move to trial then he will have to prove beyond reasonable doubt. By the way is Ocampo a luo? just wondering!

...... Instead of focusing on third party who is not even in ICC, Uhuru and Muthaura lawyers should have lay all their blames on Ruto and CO and make all Kikuyus to look like the victims trying to defend themselve, infact the center of PEV brutality is church burning which Kikuyus were the victims, self defense cases work better than down right refusal to acknowledge what everyone knows!
Tebes
#128 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:25:17 PM

this my goon has it again. That;
'Many of these brutal murders were broadcast live on TV and we all watched in horror as those crimes were being committed. Media clips show people in police uniforms watching as those crimes were being committed. Were those genuine police officers or were they Mungiki? Most people recall the numerous attempts Ocampo made to obtain statements from senior security officials that were in charge of the “scenes of crime” at the time.

However, instead of facilitating the statement taking process, high ranking government officials placed roadblocks including obtaining an illegitimate court order from a High Court Judge that purportedly stopped the entire process. Why didn’t the government simply tender all the records in its possession, power and control to the ICC? Those are public records. They don’t belong to the responsible security officials. Their cooperation wasn’t necessary. '

Its copy paste from;

star my goon post disclimer
"Never regret, if its good, its wonderful. If its bad, its experience."
limanika
#129 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:34:13 PM

I think Mwangi handled himself well. I clearly noted the nigerian lady lawyer was faltering in her voice at times just before asking her questions - is this a sign that things are getting hot for the prosecution? or was mwangi simply an intimidating witness?...
marko
#130 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:39:59 PM

No wonder Ocampo is nowhere to be seen...
WHO DARES WINS
Tebes
#131 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:58:52 PM

limanika wrote:
I think Mwangi handled himself well. I clearly noted the nigerian lady lawyer was faltering in her voice at times just before asking her questions - is this a sign that things are getting hot for the prosecution? or was mwangi simply an intimidating witness?...

alipatikana anawarers
Shak
#132 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 11:00:07 PM

limanika wrote:

TM was well prepared. His credentials speak for himself. He made ms. adebayo look like an amateur
Mblue
#133 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 11:17:46 PM

Tebes wrote:
this my goon has it again. That;
'Many of these brutal murders were broadcast live on TV and we all watched in horror as those crimes were being committed. Media clips show people in police uniforms watching as those crimes were being committed. Were those genuine police officers or were they Mungiki? Most people recall the numerous attempts Ocampo made to obtain statements from senior security officials that were in charge of the “scenes of crime” at the time.

However, instead of facilitating the statement taking process, high ranking government officials placed roadblocks including obtaining an illegitimate court order from a High Court Judge that purportedly stopped the entire process. Why didn’t the government simply tender all the records in its possession, power and control to the ICC? Those are public records. They don’t belong to the responsible security officials. Their cooperation wasn’t necessary. '

Its copy paste from;

star my goon post disclimer

I have gone through that article. In my opinion, this my gooner guy is campaigning to head the OTP now that Ogambo's term is expiring.
"..one is only poor only if they choose to be.."-Dolly Partron
masukuma
#134 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 7:38:08 AM

the reason the kikuyu 'mungiki' attacked was because elements in the police refused to stop the violence. it was a backlash. you can check my comments during this time on the then stockskenya website as i explained everything. akina Anyang Nyongo were very careless with their words until they saw that luos too can bleed from the edge of a panga!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Robinhood
#135 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 7:58:39 AM

Ha!, I quite liked how past impunity came to haunt Muthaura. Ati he acted like the PM, firing and hiring parastatal CEO's without reference to Gava ministers - three of whom complained in public about this. I think the prosecution succeeded in confirming that Muthaura was easily the most powerful man in Kenya after Kibs and exercised de facto control over Ali .
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
Tebes
#136 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 8:02:17 AM

masukuma wrote:
the reason the kikuyu 'mungiki' attacked was because elements in the police refused to stop the violence. it was a backlash. you can check my comments during this time on the then stockskenya website as i explained everything. akina Anyang Nyongo were very careless with their words until they saw that luos too can bleed from the edge of a panga!
]

Brick wall Sad Sad Sad Sad Shame on you

MMMMMMM. Masukuma. Tell that to Ocampo. He might use it against ali et al.
Kratos
#137 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 8:10:15 AM

Tebes wrote:
masukuma wrote:
]

(*,) Sad Sad Sad Sad Shame on you

Never knew this could come from Masukuma.

Why, coz he said the truth?

“People will believe a big lie sooner than a little one, and if you repeat it frequently enough, people will sooner or later believe it.” ― Walter C. Langer
nostoppingthis
#138 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 8:14:11 AM

Robinhood wrote:
Ha!, I quite liked how past impunity came to haunt Muthaura. Ati he acted like the PM, firing and hiring parastatal CEO's without reference to Gava ministers - three of whom complained in public about this. I think the prosecution succeeded in confirming that Muthaura was easily the most powerful man in Kenya after Kibs and exercised de facto control over Ali .

Hapa Muthaura alipatikana flat foot....
Today at 7:30PM.....mambo moto!! UK takes the witness stand....
nostoppingthis
#139 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 8:15:49 AM

Kratos wrote:
Tebes wrote:
masukuma wrote:
]

(*,) Sad Sad Sad Sad Shame on you

Never knew this could come from Masukuma.

Why, coz he said the truth?

I thought @masukuma is a she?
mkonomtupu
#140 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 8:17:34 AM

[quote=McReggae]my goon my goon earned some supporters here at wazua the other day....mko waphi???
http://www.the-star.co.k...ocampo-confirm-his-case[/quote]

I read through that article OMG does this barrister defend people in court, if he does i really pity them. This is what he says
"At this stage, all Ocampo is required to demonstrate is that he has “sufficient” evidence to sustain a trial. The fact that the defence has produced evidence that contradicts the prosecution evidence shows there are triable issues. End of story."
Someone tell this my goon to read the Abu Garba case where the court said that
1. "in order for the prosecution to meet its evidentiary burden, it must offer concrete and tangible proof demonstrating a clear line of reasoning underpinning its specific allegations.

2. "the purpose of confirmation is limited to committing only those person against whom sufficiently compelling charges going beyond mere theory or suspicion have been brought.

3. "inconsistent, ambiguous or contradictory evidence may result in the Chamber reaching a decision not to confirm the charges...based on a determination that evidence of such nature is not sufficient to establish substantial grounds to believe that the suspect committed the crimes.

4. Investigative failure on the part of the prosecution may also have such an impact.

5. anonymous witnesses will be given lower probative value according to whether information contained therein is corroborated or supported by other evidence tendered.

Jisomee Jiamulie