9 Pages«<34567>»
Ocampo loses case against suspect
TAZ
#81 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:15:16 PM

chemos
#82 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:16:21 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
chemos wrote:
who wants to bet this katee will soon be promoted to some plum job once he gets back from hague for his part as muthauras witness?

unless he discloses to akina UK/FM what he said behind closed chambers...

kwani closed chambers akina UK/FM are not there? i thot they only bar the media coverage na wale wako kwa public gallery.. am sure the accused have to hear what is being said..
chemos
#83 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:18:01 PM

mwenza wrote:
chemos wrote:
who wants to bet this katee will soon be promoted to some plum job once he gets back from hague for his part as muthauras witness?

I thought we had a NEW CONSTITUTION!

New constitution si all the accused should have relinquished their posts???
McReggae
#84 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:22:36 PM

alma wrote:
I now understand why someone would want to stand in their own defence. These witnesses may send you to trial faster than ogambo's evidence.

.....Hii kitu hakuna haja ya witnesses, they will always stutter at some point!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
mwenza
#85 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:28:24 PM

When Muthaura's lawyer kept on interrupting the prosecution lawyer, I knew things were not going on as per the script for the defence. At some point, the defence witness was almost turning into a prosecution witness.

Is there any chance that the Hague bill for this DC is being footed by the tax-payer?

IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
nostoppingthis
#86 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:30:40 PM

chemos wrote:
nostoppingthis wrote:
chemos wrote:

unless he discloses to akina UK/FM what he said behind closed chambers...

kwani closed chambers akina UK/FM are not there? i thot they only bar the media coverage na wale wako kwa public gallery.. am sure the accused have to hear what is being said..

Why would they have to hear if what he is disclosing is incriminating to save his skin? The accused are quite influential...
nostoppingthis
#87 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:32:11 PM

chemos wrote:
mwenza wrote:
chemos wrote:

If there was political will from you know who...
mwenza
#88 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:33:33 PM

chemos wrote:
mwenza wrote:
chemos wrote:

The fact that they are still holding their positions might actually work against them in the long run. This for me could be proof enough that maybe, just maybe, the infamous meeting in state house did indeed take place.
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
nostoppingthis
#89 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:33:48 PM

mwenza wrote:
When Muthaura's lawyer kept on interrupting the prosecution lawyer, I knew things were not going on as per the script for the defence. At some point, the defence witness was almost turning into a prosecution witness.

Is there any chance that the Hague expenditure for this DC is being paid for by the tax-payer?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Seeders
#90 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:34:54 PM

the cases will be confirmed but do not see a conviction of more than 1 person of the 6 after full trial. tone down expectations and expend more energy to the unreconciled issues still boiling under the surface waiting for the next trigger to unleash even worse violence.
'user'
#91 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:39:58 PM

Seeders wrote:
the cases will be confirmed but do not see a conviction of more than 1 person of the 6 after full trial. tone down expectations and deal with the matters that are still boiling under the surface waiting for the next trigger for even worse violence.

One conviction will still be good since it will serve as a warning and second thought trigger for anyone wishing to cause chaos.But I wish all the six get locked.

No one should ever think taking the life of an innocent woman , child or man can go unpunished.

whether it's the originator or the retaliator.
Lest you forget ,We still have IDPs , our distant brothers, sister mothers and fathers wallowing in the cold IDP camps.
2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
FundamentAli
#92 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:48:23 PM

Katee's evidence is very tricky. I think he brought matters to head. If he is believed then the prosecution has no case. The judges had to be tough on him because of this fact. It is not going to be an easy call for them either.
TAZ
#93 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:04:30 PM

Its interesting how some of you think the DC was withholding information or contradicted himself because you already have a biased opinion of what actually happened (not that i'm any different).

Overally the burden of proof lies with the Prosecutor (Ocampo). From what we've witnessed at the ICC do you believe he's really given the ICC judges and Kenyans anything to justify why the charges involving the 6 should be confirmed. What we saw yesterday it was just a case of the prosecution trying to puncture the credibility of Muthaura's Witness....Its the DC's word against Ocampo and his team. What about the orders that Muthaura allegedly issued from state house......was that addressed?
alma
#94 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:21:24 PM

TAZ wrote:

Overally the burden of proof lies with the Prosecutor (Ocampo).

This is the reason I wish I were a lawyer getting freebies.

Many a time Turufosa has stated that this is not a trial.

This period is meant to make sure that Ogambo and his minions don't take an INNOCENT man to trial. It is not to prove guilt or innocence or even that Ogambo did not investigate.

So it is a fallacy to state as the media has been stating that Ocampo has to prove anything at this juncture.

In fact, it is the defence on trial here. They have to show absolutely and in no uncertain terms that their guys are innocent. Eg. You see that kameeting you were saying I was, I was in Karumaindo with my ndogo ndogo and here are the pictures.....etc.

All that ogambo and the nigerians have to show is a train of thought and a logic behind their thinking. So far, you be the judge.

But it would be a good thing to listen to the judges questions as it will be very clear what they are thinking.

So after the DC said all he had to say, they thought, isn't this the same guy who said something before a different judge? So who did he lie to? Could he do it again?

So Kahns emotional outbursts are just a sideshow. Listen to the lines of questioning from the judges. Therein lies the problem.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
simonkabz
#95 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:25:40 PM

@ Taz n fundam, thank you for intervening. A biased opinionated mob discrediting Mwanza. I feel he gave a marvelous account of what really happened. Its true, its MO's word against the DC's, who was actually on ground. People also seem to forget who has the burden of proof. Guys here are looking for LITTLE faults FORGETTING the main testimony of the DC....oh he coughed....oh he farted.......oh he was behaving like my spoilt son.........I think the judges will be more interested in what he testified, not how he sneezed.

His account is a major boost, now that the judges and everybody have a picture of what really happened in Naivasha. To me, he didnt appear like he was lying as some are alluding.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Jus Blazin
#96 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:49:43 PM

alma wrote:
Watching this thing is like watching a horror movie.

According to the defense, Ocampo has no evidence since he's relying on Waki, KNHCr etc reports.

Well, Katerina just threw that idea out the window with its baby too by extensively quoting the Waki report.

Nothing is worse than a "super duper" witness who does not know his bosses name, doesn't know mai mahiu flyover and only saw people carrying rocks, sticks and rungus (no pangas). By the way, he moved his own family to "safety" even though he thought things were super cool.Pray Pray Pray

Come on, Katerina even quoted "lawyer" Monari in the questioning. Maybe as warning to Monari that they know about him too.

I now understand why someone would want to stand in their own defence. These witnesses may send you to trial faster than ogambo's evidence.

I know there's a place called Flyover on Nairobi - Naivasha road. I also know of Mai Mahiu centre, a junction to Narok one side and Naivasha on the other. Lakini hii Mai Mahiu Flyover sijui ni gani.

Things were cool in Naivasha when he moved his family from Nakuru which was in chaos. I repeat, many of us aren't paying attention to details. When someone is not articulate, it doesn't mean he's contradicting himself. It simply means he'll take longer to give you the answer you are looking for.

All those who think there's been contradiction, state what was contradicted and don't mistake with what Ekaterina sought for clarity. We have biased opinions here, and as per yesterday, there was nothing incriminating FM. Let us not convict anyone for the sake of conviction, let us seek justice through the truth.

Does it help seeing an innocent person jailed for our satisfaction, and the masterminds are roaming at large? Won't they repeat the same tricks in the next elections?
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
alma
#97 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:56:03 PM

Ok I will do my bidding as a true Kenyan citizen and choose to believe that even after all I heard from the DC, he has not contradicted himself in anyway.

In fact, I think all this Hague thing is just rumors.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
B.Timer
#98 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:59:46 PM

Muthaura said though he is a suspect in this case, it is actually Ocampo who is on trial.

I now know why.

Ocampo team must have been shocked with the witness account given yesterday.

Ocampos witnesses seem ureliable, if Khans submission is anything to go by.

Putting records straight;

It is common knowledge that Police shoot to immobilise - a basic fact.

It is NOT among the charges though that the police shot citizens dead.

The DC was only careful when talking about it merely to avoid self incrimination.

The Judges asked the DC questions to seek clarification. These clarifications may work for or against the suspect.

Waki report is just that - a report - not a judgement nor the gospel truth.
The Judges have a duty to interrogate the so called Waki report before using it to pass judgement on the suspects.

The Waki report is not their document - they can hence not authenticate its integrity.

Two laywers - Adeboye (prosecution) and the Anya (Victims)were unnecessariry rude to the DC.

You have a good memory - sarcasm.
You traveled all the way here to ome and say you dont know - rude.

This shows frustration on their part - trying underhand tactics to get the witness worked up - and a chance of getting himself mixed up.

Dunia ni msongamano..
TAZ
#99 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:03:27 PM

@ Alma....No one has said this is a trial or Ocampo has to declare anyone guilty but to confirm a charge, the chamber must be satisfied that the prosecutor has sufficient evidence to establish “substantial grounds” to believe that the person committed the crime....that's why i said OVERALLY.

Question is do you believe the judges are satisfied with what he's presented so far? I don't think so, possible verdict is that he'll either be told to submit additional evidence to support his charges and request a second confirmation of charges hearing. The other Possible Verdict is case to be thrown out but we know LMO won't go down without a fight.
Robinhood
#100 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:13:32 PM

alma wrote:
Ok I will do my bidding as a true Kenyan citizen and choose to believe that even after all I heard from the DC, he has not contradicted himself in anyway.

In fact, I think all this Hague thing is just rumors.

Laughing out loudly
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...