wazua Wed, Oct 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
PEV BITTERNESS
YesuWangu
#21 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 10:22:55 AM

Lolest! wrote:
@YW/wiper. Inakaa hunielewi. Soma tena. Just imagining how those who were sacrificed by ODM would feel

No sir / madam. I understood you exactly how you wanted me to understand. But to be fair, maybe you can say again what you meant.
innairobi
#22 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 10:23:22 AM

Pundits have a habit of rewriting history. From the horses mouth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_VhoiDmHmU

All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
poundfoolish
#23 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 10:37:20 AM

Sad sad sad

To read sober minds going stale just because 'one of ours' is in the 'cybercafe'....

did somebody say revenge was good..?
id hate to wish it upon anyone. till that day you are innocently caught up as a proverbial 'asiyekuwepo' in a 'mtego wa panya' you will continue protecting your own...
simonkabz
#24 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 10:56:50 AM

Lolest! wrote:
@simo, @kihangeri the battlefield should be avoided at all costs. Those killed in revenge attacks were as innocent as the victims in kiambaa. This should never happen again.

....re-reading my post.....did I say revenge is good/ok/moral? What I meant, wewe piga watu kabisa, but EXPECT them to hit back at one time, n take it gracefully! That's just human nature. To reiterate, VIOLENCE BEGETS VIOLENCE. Those who LOVE violence are often the first to throw the punch, and should sing the above saying as often as they blink.
I often say, in war, ALL lose. There are no REAL WINNERS in a war, just apparent ones. Its hypocritical how kenyans/wazuans advocate for a war with Ug over a rock that we use to steal Ug fish. How I wish they were wiser.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Ms Mkenya
#25 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 11:01:46 AM

As long as we put forward 'our' people as better, we push the PEV agenda.

I look forward to when we can be pushing the agenda based on people's integrity and not that they are 'ours'.
....above all, to stand.
Engo
#26 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 12:12:43 PM

good people, i thought i was alone when i married Kemunto but when i looked around, i saw Mwaniki married to Atieno, Wafula to Mwende and Otieno to Njoki n now i cant help but smile coz together we are slaying the monster. We need to built Kenya the Mauritius way!
Rahatupu
#27 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 12:40:22 PM

YesuWangu wrote:
Sober wrote:
murenj wrote:
After listening tto the live procceedings, the anger and bitterness is comming back.........someone help me..............

those who wittnesses the PEV lli e even dont want to be reminded. It is those to who things were narrated that find pleasure in re-visiting the subject.

We all have different capacities and we respond differently to both good and bad things.

However, it is important for the bad to be known alongside the good so that proper choices and decisions can be made after the fact.

We should learn from the cover up of the Waggalla massacre and from the openness of the Jewish holocaust.

When the bitter truth comes out, not blacked out, and hearts get convicted of the evils past, then only then can behavior change for the better.

This should form the basis for part II trials locally and then the TJRC can come in with the openess and bitterness relieved so that forgiveness can be discussed not the sham thing that is being touted as TJRC.
Jump-steady
#28 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 3:29:10 PM

No need for bitterness. Chest thumpers should only draw a lesson from the ongoings, that when you start s**t and it hits the fan, everyone's gonna be messy. Even in twedytwero any community that will be singled out for attacks and have their backs against the wall, they will respond with a vengeance - ocambo or no ocambo.
banyamulenge
#29 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 6:17:40 PM

Engo wrote:
good people, i thought i was alone when i married Kemunto but when i looked around, i saw Mwaniki married to Atieno, Wafula to Mwende and Otieno to Njoki n now i cant help but smile coz together we are slaying the monster. We need to built Kenya the Mauritius way!

Wewe omeongea kama Koffi Annan kumi. Thats the Kenya we want...Applause Applause

"The longer the fuse the mightier the blast!"
freiks
#30 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 6:57:55 PM

@murenj

I wonder why you feel bitter when UK and co go to the stands and you were so quiet on Movie 1. We need a movie 3 too. I just revisited an article on Kiambaa church
http://articles.latimes....jan/03/world/fg-church3
Atleast you feel for the kiuks and more so for those who fought for RAO later to be told that he committed no crime but they did so
Life is an endless adventure
masukuma
#31 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 7:45:16 PM

IDP wrote:
It took a whole month of kiling ,mass displacement and rape for the revenge attacks to begin. That should tell you that kyuks were not into this PEV thing. But the Kiambaa incident tipped the balance and put each kyuk into a revenge(read war) mode. Believe you me they r still smarting,but healing. I dont think the revenge was planned but naturally spontaneous

this was written on 3rd Jan 2008 Kenyan Genocide

Quote:

Today I read a chilling report on the Los Angeles Times on the systematic genocide going on in Kenya. Even more chilling was the video of a man being slashed to death. It reminded me of Rwanda and not Kenya -a country where we once lived in peace, love and unity. The newspater quotes a Raila supporter saying:

"We are slaughtering them and we will keep on slaughtering them," said one young protester, Gabriel Okelo, who got up at six and walked nine miles from the outskirts of the city to march in support of Odinga.

As the political violence worsens, tribal fighting and tit-for-tat killings have been going on in Nairobi's slums and in other towns.

Okelo said he killed two people with a machete for the first time Wednesday because "When you are angry, it's easy. If they refuse our president, Raila Odinga to address the rally, it will happen again. We shall slaughter the Kikuyus. It will go on and on and on, in all parts of the country."

By Robyn Dixon, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer 7:19 AM PST, January 3, 2008
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
murenj
#32 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 8:13:27 PM

freiks wrote:
@murenj

I wonder why you feel bitter when UK and co go to the stands and you were so quiet on Movie 1. We need a movie 3 too. I just revisited an article on Kiambaa church
http://articles.latimes....jan/03/world/fg-church3
Atleast you feel for the kiuks and more so for those who fought for RAO later to be told that he committed no crime but they did so

Ruto is a known thug since his youth for KANU days. Rift valley has been known to be hostile to non indegenous people since the advent of multiparty politics.
I had great respect for the son of jomo. I am therefore shocked to learn that he too has sunk this low............
Hunderwear
#33 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 2:18:14 PM

smano wrote:
Something has to give...can you imagine going through all these proceedings and then nothing happening at the end??? Justice must be seen to be done.

Ruto and Uhuru should never be allowed to vie for presidency in this country ever!

Add Aliar and Gen kiguoya to the list.!former for preparing ground and chantn people to war and allowin himself to be used by western powers to ruin kenya and latter for not acting to forestal PeV despite being forewarnd by Nsis.
masukuma
#34 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 2:44:04 PM

Hunderwear wrote:
smano wrote:
Something has to give...can you imagine going through all these proceedings and then nothing happening at the end??? Justice must be seen to be done.

Ruto and Uhuru should never be allowed to vie for presidency in this country ever!

Add Aliar and Gen kiguoya to the list.!former for preparing ground and chantn people to war and allowin himself to be used by western powers to ruin kenya and latter for not acting to forestal PeV despite being forewarnd by Nsis.

You mean Raila Ojinga?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
wa P
#35 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:07:30 PM

Weren't we all, or most of us, of conscious mind during PEV and its harbinger - the war mongering that characterized the 07 campaigns?

Do we need to convolute ourselves with Ocampo and ICC for us to know who did what?

Politics aside, 3 men are primarily responsible.

'One' fomented it all with his unusual hatred towards a certain ethnic people, and whipped emotions so much during campaigns; he actually is primarily responsible. Whichever direction the vote was going to take, PEV was going to happen.

'Two' walked 'One's' talk, and executed the strategy. Two's involvement at the ICC is sadly politically motivated than justice/retribution-driven.

Three is accused of having motivated revenge attacks. And we know what happened.

If we can have these 3 dropped off the Arabian sea one bright morning, we shall have overcome half the problem.

We either have all 3 roasted or all 3 free so that they get squared out by fate. But jailing one or two and not all 3 is the best form of selective justice which, I am afraid the festering feelings will yield bad decisions in 2013, especially among the 2 tribes in Kenya which pretend to be irreconcilable.

There seem to be an eyeball to eyeball appointment post 2012 if ICC blinds itself to the political angles of the issue.
Lolest!
#36 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 9:46:58 PM

Wa P, I like your argument. Especially the part where you remind us that there was going to be violence whichever way the polls went. On the 28th when RO was leading tension in eldoret with kyuks being threatened. In nairobi, some ODM supporters(to be politically correct like Ocampo) had occupied houses owned by PNU supporters...yak, that sounds so fake! Anyway frm 2004 the hatred was intense. It was Gema plus its sympathisers vs the rest of the tribes. People styled themselves as patriots and reformers while on the other hand building the largest hate-based campaign in kenyan history...ODM without hatred for kyuks was dead. 2005 plebiscite came and went. We had a bit of chaos but never cared to heal. Then the Great anti-kikuyu poll came with its aftermath. This was bound to happen. You do not preach hatred for 5 years and expect to reap anything else.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray