wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
DISASTER FOR CFA LEVEL-III
Drunkard
#21 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:07:30 AM

rryz wrote:
I have a friend who passed all the three levels in 3 consequtive sittings, June, Dec June. With the pass rates i'm seeing here then this guy must be a genius.Lakini alifanyia mtihani ng'ambo, I wonder whether this has an effect on the marking.

I assume you mean, Dec, June, June! level 2 and 3 are only offered in June, level 1 is offered in both June and Dec, next time I make a trip to Kenya I will carry my Schweser study material to donate, CFA materials are not good enough especially when you work and study or study and study(passed Level 1 while in college)
Kanjukia
#22 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:54:24 PM

Wishing to sit my Level I in June (self study) any advice please?
Drunkard
#23 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:46:59 PM

Kanjukia wrote:
Wishing to sit my Level I in June (self study) any advice please?

Level 1 is very straight forward, 240 questions, three choices( A,B,C), Short questions. Financial reporting is a big part of it, equity and fixed income is another big part of level one, do not waste alot of time on Derivatives and alternative investments in level one, it carry little weight, I failed it and I passed Level 1 on my first attempt, self study, 3 months of study. Corporate finance and ethics need a shorter study time period. Pay close attention to Financial reporting make sure you get the concept well, also spend a good amount of time on equity and a good amount of time on fixed income. Do not waste alot of time on Economics but make sure you test yourself on Economics because you'll be surprised how challenging the questions are, Quants is straight foward. Good luck!