#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:55:40 AM

Pessimists abound in Kenya ! I am optimistic that 2012
general elections will be great !
Rahatupu
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:04:00 PM

Tebes wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Tebes wrote:
[quote=vinii].....i have this feeling that just like okampo, the icc judges may want to use this case to send out a message.....notice how they are eager that it moves with speed....

Me too, think they might confirm all the charges without even going through the defence submissions in detail just to please their western masters.

this business of 'appeasing' western masters and making kenya an 'example' is madness! the case is dead! everyone including Ocampo knows it...its plain politics! We just need one more judge to agree with Hans-Peter Klaus (he already thinks the case is rubbish and a waste of the ICC's time)

When lmo asked to start investigations, Hans-Peter Klaus declined, saying that the kenyan case donot meet the threshhold for ICC. He has since changed and sings the tune of the rest as demonstrated in the admissibility applications which he appended his signatures to indicate that he agreed with the others on the same. Just look at these rulings,

http://www.icc-cpi.int/iccdocs/doc/doc1078822.pdf

http://www.icc-cpi.int/iccdocs/doc/doc1078823.pdf[/quote].

@Tebbes, Applause Applause Applause they won't listen to anything that is not political. Peter has seen that the case is indeed admissiblen
Wendz
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:41:54 PM

hillten wrote:
Pessimists abound in Kenya ! I am optimistic that 2012
general elections will be great !

makes 2 of us... i dont see anyone that enthusiastic to make that trip to the hague - confirmation of charges or otherwise.
masukuma
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:46:39 PM

Rahatupu wrote:
Tebes wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Tebes wrote:
[quote=vinii].....i have this feeling that just like okampo, the icc judges may want to use this case to send out a message.....notice how they are eager that it moves with speed....

Me too, think they might confirm all the charges without even going through the defence submissions in detail just to please their western masters.

this business of 'appeasing' western masters and making kenya an 'example' is madness! the case is dead! everyone including Ocampo knows it...its plain politics! We just need one more judge to agree with Hans-Peter Klaus (he already thinks the case is rubbish and a waste of the ICC's time)

When lmo asked to start investigations, Hans-Peter Klaus declined, saying that the kenyan case donot meet the threshhold for ICC. He has since changed and sings the tune of the rest as demonstrated in the admissibility applications which he appended his signatures to indicate that he agreed with the others on the same. Just look at these rulings,

http://www.icc-cpi.int/iccdocs/doc/doc1078822.pdf

http://www.icc-cpi.int/iccdocs/doc/doc1078823.pdf[/quote].

@Tebbes, Applause Applause Applause they won't listen to anything that is not political. Peter has seen that the case is indeed admissiblen

i.e. the case is rubbish
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Njung'e
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:29:19 PM

Be wary....I'll repeat.

Mr Moreno-Ocampo said celebrations in the defence camps due to a perception that he did not conduct sufficient investigations were premature.

The prosecutor said he had adopted a deliberate strategy of holding back some of his most crucial pieces of evidence to protect witnesses.

http://www.nation.co.ke/...74/-/sxsmd7/-/index.html
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
McReggae
#26 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:59:21 PM

Quote:
These are individuals who may have been part of the groups that committed the crimes but later decided to assist the prosecution.

Others may be individuals who held positions within the government or other party organs but later decided to switch sides and work with the prosecution.

For national investigations you come in first with crime-based witnesses and later rely on other sources. Here we have decided to do it the other way round.”

..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".