wazua Wed, Oct 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Lawyer Khan for Muthaura
vinii
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:27:42 PM

......Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ! This lawyer can argue..... He deserves every penny as legal fees
If you are an eagle don't hang around with chickens; chickens don't fly....
Jus Blazin
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:39:08 PM

The guy's very good. So good, waah!
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
vinii
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:42:34 PM

.....seems okampo's evidence will be shredded....
If you are an eagle don't hang around with chickens; chickens don't fly....
dunkang
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:47:12 PM

And the way he is intimidating the Ogambo team. Huyu lawyer ni jaruo!
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

McReggae
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 11:30:23 PM

Can argue or can act, come on wazuans, I believe you are cleverer than this???
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
nostoppingthis
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:07:28 AM

McReggae wrote:

All this is relative depending on your political inclination. When does UK become a witness? that should be interesting especially with the new evidence
YesuWangu
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:32:16 AM

nostoppingthis wrote:
McReggae wrote:

All this is relative depending on your political inclination. When does UK become a witness? that should be interesting especially with the new evidence

I think I can take this lawyer. I could compare him to the nickclown who was here some time back.

They are both great orators and their strength lies in mesmerizing the other side, diverting their focus so that they make mistakes. If McReggae can notice it in so many words same as I, you can bet other people also noticed it e.g. the prosecutors.

That some are already mesmerized and are almost lying prostate is the unsettling bit. Anyway, remember what they harped on? 'My client was not interviewed' was all I got. Is it obligatory for the suspect to be interviewed?
mkonomtupu
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:44:39 AM

The things I heard Muthaura say:-
Mimi sio suspect ninauza nyama na mutura pare ngara, harambee house na statehouse..sasa nilikutiriwa nikiuza mitura kama ya mbao au ya kumi

Sasa kuona siwezi goja Ocampo,nikatoka mbio, sasa akakuja na kitu inaitwa bonoko summons akaniwekerea

Mimi sina watu wetu mama ni chokora, baba ni chokora na nimezaliwa pale kwa chochoro..sasa inabidi hata mimi nijizuiye kidogo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkBFnFcQg48
nostoppingthis
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:47:04 AM

mkonomtupu wrote:
The things I heard Muthaura say:-
Mimi sio suspect ninauza nyama na mutura pare ngara, harambee house na statehouse..sasa nilikutiriwa nikiuza mitura kama ya mbao au ya kumi

Sasa kuona siwezi goja Ocampo,nikatoka mbio, sasa akakuja na kitu inaitwa bonoko summons akaniwekerea

Mimi sina watu wetu mama ni chokora, baba ni chokora na nimezaliwa pale kwa chochoro..sasa inabidi hata mimi nijizuiye kidogo

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Karema Hiti
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:22:21 AM

'mkonomtupu', I would describe you as 'kichwatupu'. Do you even comprehend what you have put down?
majay
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:37:01 AM

the second batch of the Ocampo six have good lawyers-based on what we've heard so far
all about Kenya in 2011
Magigi
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:37:13 AM

vinii wrote:

...Those lawyers were not saying much with their many words...By saying that he does not know why hussein is there...That is not being witty at all and he is not shredding anything...It is all theatrics as one of the defense lawyers put it.
Wendz
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:51:52 AM

Magigi wrote:
vinii wrote:

...Those lawyers were not saying much with their many words...By saying that he does not know why hussein is there...That is not being witty at all and he is not shredding anything...It is all theatrics as one of the defense lawyers put it.

honestly, i felt the same too... i think their tactic thus far is to punch holes in the evidence presented, to divert attention and bring in all faults they can find in technicalities... otherwise, i didnt see someone trying to prove that all those who were there were innocent.... or may be that is what is done at the trial... trying not to pre-empt...may be... if that is not the case, then they arent doing enough.... unless they know 'technicalities' with such a court are more important than the real evidence... which tends to be the case with organisations owned by different jurisdictions.

Uhuru's counsel, he sounded more like a prosecutor to RAO than a defense team to UK.... Its like he was there to incriminate RAO and not to defend his client... Finding RAO guilty doesn't exonerate his client from any wrong doing...
nesta
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:34:59 AM

Those guys saying that the lawyers didn't say anything worthwhile should know that ogambo is yet to present hs case. These were only opening statements.
On Christ Alone
TAZ
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:16:19 PM

nesta wrote:
Those guys saying that the lawyers didn't say anything worthwhile should know that ogambo is yet to present hs case. These were only opening statements.

Totally agree, i still think Ocampo should consider himself very lucky if he even manages to have any of the case involving the three confirmed. Guys come here to tell us sijui this lawyer is crap mara sijui they are only talking about Raila yet hata hakuna kitu ya maana Ocampo amesema. So far he has failed to unleash anything that seriously proves the suspects have a case to answer.
selah
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:22:26 PM

HE reminds me of Bowry during the goldenberg inquiry he was very passionate and personal with his argument.

But if you are to compare this group of lawyers with the first Lot you can spot a huge difference...We are going to enjoy this ride MORE.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
Magigi
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:08:34 PM

TAZ wrote:
nesta wrote:

Totally agree, i still think Ocampo should consider himself very lucky if he even manages to have any of the case involving the three confirmed. Guys come here to tell us sijui this lawyer is crap mara sijui they are only talking about Raila yet hata hakuna kitu ya maana Ocampo amesema. So far he has failed to unleash anything that seriously proves the suspects have a case to answer.

@Taz
...I disagree. It is too early to judge...He is saving the best for last...You don't dance yourself lame before the main dance.
...Na kumbe unatokeanga huku...Ungekaa tu huko kwa sports...Huku ni takataka tu...
nostoppingthis
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:09:49 PM

Wendz wrote:
Magigi wrote:
vinii wrote:

honestly, i felt the same too... i think their tactic thus far is to punch holes in the evidence presented, to divert attention and bring in all faults they can find in technicalities... otherwise, i didnt see someone trying to prove that all those who were there were innocent.... or may be that is what is done at the trial... trying not to pre-empt...may be... if that is not the case, then they arent doing enough.... unless they know 'technicalities' with such a court are more important than the real evidence... which tends to be the case with organisations owned by different jurisdictions.

Uhuru's counsel, he sounded more like a prosecutor to RAO than a defense team to UK.... Its like he was there to incriminate RAO and not to defend his client... Finding RAO guilty doesn't exonerate his client from any wrong doing...

LIKE!
'user'
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:19:28 PM

Wendz wrote:

There is a court statement in vioja mahakamani, that goes like:

Mshukiwa , ukiwa na wengine ambao hawako kwa hii korti , mnatuumiwa kwamba mlihusika kufanya hualifu....
Is the mshtakiwa supposed to tell the judge to bring hao wengine ambao hawako kwa hii Korti ....can a culprit use it as part of the defense....Just asking
2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
Jus Blazin
#20 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:39:34 PM

Wendz wrote:
Magigi wrote:
vinii wrote:

Again, what is the work of the defense team? Does it not include punching holes in the evidence provided by the prosecutor? That is the reason why there's a pre-trial. The pre-trial is not about finding someone guilty. It's about finding sufficient hard evidence to warrant a full trial. UK's counsel was busy showing videos of UK promoting peace vis-a-vis RAO's remarks and his supporters who claimed no RAO no peace. This is a way of proving his client was not fanning war but promoting peace.

The onus is on the prosecutor. We always see criminals walking scotfree because prosecutors didnt carry out thorough investigations. I'm still of the opinion that justice needs to be served, but not miscarried justice as the lawyers said.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca