wazua Wed, Oct 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

kap baba
nostoppingthis
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 06, 2011 9:49:24 PM

@Tebes, @guka and @arapsonkot....kindly explain this term....AS witness didn't seem to be explicit with the truth...
Jus Blazin
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 06, 2011 10:00:40 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
@Tebes, @guka and @arapsonkot....kindly explain this term....AS witness didn't seem to be explicit with the truth...

And how would you know? He did explain it's meaning. And I thought it's kap mama...
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
nostoppingthis
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 5:55:50 AM

Jus Blazin wrote:
nostoppingthis wrote:

And how would you know? He did explain it's meaning. And I thought it's kap mama...

@JB, you thought right, we all know what he said...
however, this looks like a case of a word with 2 meanings....it is as confusing as the word UK used to describe RAO...and wazuans clarified. In the context the witness explained, it didn't make sense...
Lolest!
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 6:37:14 AM

The prof said it refers to people with brown teeth. Then i get where ocampo is going with this. A good no of Kikuyu have this feature
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
nostoppingthis
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 8:12:09 AM

Lolest! wrote:
The prof said it refers to people with brown teeth. Then i get where ocampo is going with this. A good no of Kikuyu have this feature

I think the implication is actually people from Central...but in the context he defined it, he was moving away from this. Does it have two or several meanings? maybe hidden in the intonation?
Tebes
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 10:38:29 AM

Kamama is a name in Kalenjin just as we have the name of Baringo East Mp as Asman Abongotum Kamama. Kap baba actually means "Homestead of my father", While "kap nostoppingthis" refers to home/homestead of nostoppingthis" Hope you now have answers.
"Never regret, if its good, its wonderful. If its bad, its experience."
nostoppingthis
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 11:57:21 AM

Tebes wrote:
Kamama is a name in Kalenjin just as we have the name of Baringo East Mp as Asman Abongotum Kamama. Kap baba actually means "Homestead of my father", While "kap nostoppingthis" refers to home/homestead of nostoppingthis" Hope you now have answers.

Nice! @Lolest revealed that it means persons of brown teeth, a Kale indicated that it means Kikuyus as used in kale talk....clarify further...the argument is that, in as much as you will say "Kamama"...the "P" is actually silent...
QD
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 12:20:12 PM

It seams a slang for Kikuyus but the suspects wants to denounce and confuse in equal measure. As Kisiis cal luos, Omogere en Luos call Kalenjins- Jalango
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Lolest!
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 12:27:16 PM

Context of use will determine Sangs case
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Jus Blazin
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 12:31:27 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
Tebes wrote:

Nice! @Lolest revealed that it means persons of brown teeth, a Kale indicated that it means Kikuyus as used in kale talk....clarify further...the argument is that, in as much as you will say "Kamama"...the "P" is actually silent...

I think there were two words he was asked to clarify on their meanings. There's the 'kap mama' word which means 'homestead of the uncle', and another word that I cant remember which means brown teeth. He went on to say that there are Kaleos from south rift who also have brown teeth. Guess its a case of making murky waters murkier.
Inuendo
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 12:35:40 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
Tebes wrote:

What are you guys going on about? I think i read different. The word for brown teeth is ‘mur gelda’ and the word kap mama is used to describe ‘The Uncle’s Place’ in normal usage..

d'oh! d'oh!
Common sense is the most evenly distributed quantity in the world. Everyone thinks he has enough.
Jus Blazin
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 1:06:27 PM

Inuendo, thank you. That's the word I was looking for.
nostoppingthis
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 2:07:27 PM

@Inuendo, yes, in normal usage it should mean that...but try and replace in a sentence with what it might mean for kaleos...
Jus Blazin
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 2:32:01 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
@Inuendo, yes, in normal usage it should mean that...but try and replace in a sentence with what it might mean for kaleos...

@nonstopping, unless you are a kaleo, stop insinuating what it could mean. It's like you've been given an answer but, even without knowledge of the language, still insist it has another meaning.
nostoppingthis
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 2:39:48 PM

Jus Blazin wrote:
nostoppingthis wrote:

@nonstopping, unless you are a kaleo, stop insinuating what it could mean. It's like you've been given an answer but, even without knowledge of the language, still insist it has another meaning.

This is because some Kaleo explained to me how they use it...was seeking clarity...seems like a sensitive matter, doesn't it?