wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Zebra crossings on a highway
mapengo
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 2:47:01 PM

I think that the city council has gone bonkers recently i saw them erect Zebra crossings on Langata road near the entrance to Carnivore. Why on earth would you want to put zebra crossings on an highway common sense dictates that you can either have an underpass like the one on university way or a fly over. Personally i think thats a recepie for disaster
Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
johnnjuguna
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 3:07:10 PM

I once worked for a council and I can assure you that of the hundreds of employees there were probably two or three with a University Education if any.

Planning departments are usually staffed with a single surveyor who is probably the only degree holder in the department.

Usually he's too busy trying to make some money on the side (usually through illegal means) and he leaves office work to his juniors who are probably the geniuses behind the Zebra crossing on the highway.

But to conclude, I though Highways are under a different jurisdiction other than the Council. I would say the Highway Authority or something.
mapengo
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 3:11:50 PM

@johnNjuguna
I personally saw NCC staff with those yellow overalls branded NCC putting up the Zebra crossings up on the road which i think is obnoxious. higways may fall under a different jurisdiction but the fact is that zebra corssing should be removed immediately..
milken
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 3:14:29 PM

johnnjuguna wrote:
I once worked for a council

Funny Jomo Kenyatta worked at Nairobi City Council as a meter reader.

Seems it runs in the family
Itari muting'oe ihuragwo ngi ni Ngai
McReggae
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 3:19:31 PM

milken wrote:
johnnjuguna wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
johnnjuguna
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 3:22:56 PM

milken wrote:
johnnjuguna wrote:

Surely?????????????????????????????????????????????

What does - Funny Jomo Kenyatta worked at Nairobi City Council as a meter reader. Seems it runs in the family - have to do with anything?

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Toxicity
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 23, 2011 3:36:45 PM

Yes langata road is a highway but considering the number of accidents that occur at the carnivore ....i think the zebra crossing should remain...rafikis,psys, carnivore .....on fridays and saturday evennings young kenyans loose their lives here ....when growing up in langata I know of two guys who perished as they crossed from psys to the carnivore...
update president set president = speaker where president is null