wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
City Stadium Stall/vibandas finally gone.
Impunity
#1 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 12:39:59 PM

smile
Sad
Talk about Baks and his road construction maddness?Last minute rush to redeem image!
Bulldozzers currently levelling the area for Jogoo road expansion.
Wow!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

McReggae
#2 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 12:42:36 PM

Jogoo rd expansion is long overdue!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
bwenyenye
#3 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 1:03:23 PM

Haya now 'we' want the Ngong Road dual carriage way!!!! and elimination of all Uhuru Highway round abouts!! haki yetu!
I Think Therefore I Am
Burning Spear
#4 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 1:07:29 PM

Impunity wrote:
smile
Sad
Talk about Baks and his road construction maddness?Last minute rush to redeem image!
Wow!

shall we get a good replacement after Kibaki is gone or we will get a street heckler
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it". Malcolm X
Njung'e
#5 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 1:08:04 PM

@Impunity,
Let the expansion be.....unless you are still in love with congested pot-holed roads.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Wambui Roms
#6 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 1:20:49 PM

Hata sisi watu wa Outering Road tunataka haki yetu:spent 5hrs from KQ Head office to Donholm on sato evening.
I am one unhappy Eastlander!!!!
Insurgent
#7 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 1:25:52 PM

Impunity wrote:
smile
Sad
Wow!
Only a Luo can call a road expansion project 'Maddness' because it has been initiated by Baks. We need control of the city and stories of defending hawkers even when they set shop on Moi Avenue tarmac does not wash with street kids.

"One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Rev Canon Karanja.

Njung'e
#8 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 1:32:21 PM

@Insurgent,
NKT!!!...How does a Luo/Luos come in?Tuwache ukabila
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Wendz
#9 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 1:56:41 PM

Insurgent wrote:
Impunity wrote:
smile
Sad
Wow!
Only a Luo can call a road expansion project 'Maddness' because it has been initiated by Baks. We need control of the city and stories of defending hawkers even when they set shop on Moi Avenue tarmac does not wash with street kids.

1st, one does not have to be a luo to call a road expansion project "madness" thank you very much...

2nd, the 'hawkers' did not wake up one day and set shop there.... this location was actually allocated to them by government (local or whatever) to get "rid" of the hawkers from the city centre.... It is actually the government's irresponsibility of trying to sort out a current problem with short term measures... they thought City Stadium was very far from town.... so, we can actually say that those hawkers are at city stadium "legally".....
Dash
#10 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 2:08:14 PM

Kwani how old are people in this forum? Some logic people use is beyond me
Forester
#11 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 2:24:17 PM

bwenyenye wrote:
Haya now 'we' want the Ngong Road dual carriage way!!!! and elimination of all Uhuru Highway round abouts!! haki yetu!

Seconded!

But Ngong Road to Kiserian please!
Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
Spend.thrift
#12 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 2:25:25 PM

Impunity wrote:
smile
Sad
Wow!

Many do not take time to realise that the country is making great strides towards proposperity even through there are equity issues.

Infrastructure is key and any sane leader knows this. for the tribal bigots....go to hell. I wish there was a kind of bulldozer that would be deployed to bring down your attitudes....That too would push the country far.

Lastly, I just passed by City Stadium and it appears the demolition is taking place in phases, and the stall owners seem to be taking part in it..Now, Jogoo road being in Eastlands, can we say that Nairobians are more civil than Londoners?
Impunity
#13 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 3:01:57 PM

I wish Ubako started this madness immediayely in 2003,I would be driving a guzzler by now,but politics has made me own a Toyi(ta)...Nkt.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Pedro_Nasinyama
#14 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 5:23:25 PM

I think RAO deserves credit too. When he started demolishing buidings on road reserves in Runda, Mlolongo etc People were apprehensive but we can all see now the matunda.

Have been wondering why the delay starting the Southern Bypass? Outering Road guys I feel for you. I still think Southhern bypass - Mombasa Road to Kikuyu should have been given priority to the Western Rings roads that were flagged off last week.
nyangao
#15 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 5:24:57 PM

1st, one does not have to be a luo to call a road expansion project "madness" thank you very much...

2nd, the 'hawkers' did not wake up one day and set shop there.... this location was actually allocated to them by government (local or whatever) to get "rid" of the hawkers from the city centre.... It is actually the government's irresponsibility of trying to sort out a current problem with short term measures... they thought City Stadium was very far from town.... so, we can actually say that those hawkers are at city stadium "legally".....[/quote]

Wendz, the hawkers were probably given adequate notices to demolish their structures. but trust kenyans to procrastinate until last minute - remember the nakumatt incidence on thika road?
When there is a demolition in progress unles the issue is politicized, due process is usually followed prior to the action.
kangi
#16 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 7:19:12 PM

Wendz, the hawkers were probably given adequate notices to demolish their structures. but trust kenyans to procrastinate until last minute - remember the nakumatt incidence on thika road?
When there is a demolition in progress unles the issue is politicized, due process is usually followed prior to the action.[/quote]

What pisses me off is the manner in which "Corporate hawking" is being encouraged esp where banks and major companies are allowed to occupy side walks in the name of promoting the products.
Accept no one's definition of your life; define your life.
nostoppingthis
#17 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 7:33:18 PM

bwenyenye wrote:

@Bwenyenye, haven't they cleared the sides of the road for expansion? (especially from Karen to Ngong)...this will be fantastic!!
@Wmabui, pole sana, alot of people were in that jam....some opted to go back to the bypass and used thika road...
Kenyan Kop
#18 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 8:49:26 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
bwenyenye wrote:

@Bwenyenye, haven't they cleared the sides of the road for expansion? (especially from Karen to Ngong)...this will be fantastic!!
@Wmabui, pole sana, alot of people were in that jam....some opted to go back to the bypass and used thika road...

Ngong road dual carriageway is awaiting funding by the EU. The design was done as early as 1997. World Bank was to finance the project then but ran into trouble with MO1
Robinhood
#19 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:16:48 AM

Much as I have my differences with Baks, I must give the devil his due. This guy has REALLY tried. Had MO1 even done half of what Baks has acheived in the last 10 years, we would be very far as a country.
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
Intelligentsia
#20 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 10:12:47 AM

Robinhood wrote:
Much as I have my differences with Baks, I must give the devil his due. This guy has REALLY tried. Had MO1 even done half of what Baks has acheived in the last 10 years, we would be very far as a country.

tungekuwa hapa: Sad

Like the S.Africans' Gautrain - mass rapid transit system travelling at 160km an hour.
One hour Nbi-Nkr pap!

http://www.nation.co.ke/...8/-/3b4mjgz/-/index.html