Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
THANK YOU YOUR EXCELLENCY THE PRESIDENT
mukiha
#21 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 1:46:57 PM

selah wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
selah wrote:
I give him a C+ the reason being all that you have enumerated might be comparable to what Ivory coast first president did...now look at it now.

Houphouet-Boigny?

Precisely, this guy transformed his village into a capital city with world class infrastructure if you look at how that country was run during his time its a replica of kibakis regime only that we are a multiparty.

Are you saying that he has concentrated all development around his village? Surely, you haven't traveled around the country! You only see Thika road and the by-passes around Nairobi...
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
selah
#22 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 1:58:46 PM

@mukiha I meant, development alone does not make a successful leader equity and unity of purpose among the populous does.

In My opinion Kenya is too fragile when you compare 2002 and today, we are so divided such that our MPs can bully us around,and bcoz of our differences its impossible to see a unified public outcry.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
Jus Blazin
#23 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 2:31:38 PM

mukiha wrote:
According to me, his greatest road project is not Thika Road; it is the ongoing tarmacking of the Isiolo-Moyale road.

No one ever thought that this could be done!

I second you on that. Been looking all over the net for images of the completed sections and the Marsabit-Turbi section.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Jus Blazin
#24 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 2:35:11 PM

@selah, I think the fragility is as a result of opening up the democratic space. We now need someone who can strike a balance. But you have to admit, development is a key stepping stone. If we had someone who united us and created equity, but we were still stuck in the pre-2002 development ruble, you would still be complaining. If there's no development, I dont think there can be unity as well, IMHO.
selah
#25 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 2:56:12 PM

@Jus blazin what I know is if the country is skewed interms of Equity i.e The widening gap btwn the Rich and the poor,No amount of development can create a cohesive state.

I have given ivory coast as an example,..UK is another and US will follow if public anger brought by Job losses and high cost of living is not checked.

'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
Seasoned
#26 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 3:21:21 PM

Great post @IDP.. i work in the development field and i couldn't agree more, there has been phenomenal increase in infrastructural facilities countrywide.

In appreciation, why not name Thika road in his honor ---- Kibaki Super Highway.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#27 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 3:28:24 PM

IDP wrote:
During your campaigns in 2002. You told us to evaluate you on the following areas
1. education
2. Infrastructure
3. New Constitution
4. Opening up of democratic space.
5. To tame run away corruption.
6. Economic growth

In all the above areas, you have performed well sometimes under difficult circumstances. If you read wazua, know that we are very grateful. During those university days you inspired many to study Economics and to play golf. You are still a role model and a hero to many. After retirement you can have one on me at Kirinyaga Tavern.
! Once again Thank you SirApplause Applause

I don't rate him as highly
1. education - B (FPE is good but quality has gone to the dogs, there are absolutely no facilities)
2. Infrastructure - B+ (Done well here but the speed with which he moves denies him the clean A that he could have received)
3. New Constitution - C (This was never his initiative, I am not sure whether he really wanted to change the old constitution)
4. Opening up of democratic space. - A (His greatest achievement, I really admire his tolerance. thank you for this)
5. To tame run away corruption. - D+ (Too many scandals)
6. Economic growth - C+ (The economy grew inspite of his government, we are still growing at a slower rate than our fellow east africans)

Overall - B (We can some it up as a Journeyman performance)

"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
johnnjuguna
#28 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 4:03:52 PM

To all my beloved friends and foes on Wazua, and my arch enemy the devil a.k.a. Admin/Shaitan, who has been very generous in banning me until 2014 on more than 50 occasions, and in keeping with the spirit of Wazua of educating, informing and learning from others; within the limit of what we know, in any chosen area irrespective of our differences, I wish to express my opinion on this topic, the comments that have followed thereafter and the devil a.k.a. Admin/Shaitan of this abyss called Wazua, by saying in the words of a wise and distinguished Wazua member, one devil a.k.a. Shaitan a.k.a. 'user' a.k.a. Wendz, a big ......aaaargggh thu, aaaargggh thu and aaaargggh thu.
Kenyan Kop
#29 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 4:47:13 PM

mukiha wrote:
According to me, his greatest road project is not Thika Road; it is the ongoing tarmacking of the Isiolo-Moyale road.

@Mukiha you can say that again.
Jus Blazin
#30 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 4:51:31 PM

@johnnjuguna, for those words highlighted in red, please angalia the mirror.

Mr.President, thank you.
'user'
#31 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 5:17:38 PM

johnnjuguna wrote:
To all my beloved friends and foes on Wazua, and my arch enemy the devil a.k.a. Admin/Shaitan, who has been very generous in banning me until 2014 on more than 50 occasions, and in keeping with the spirit of Wazua of educating, informing and learning from others; within the limit of what we know, in any chosen area irrespective of our differences, I wish to express my opinion on this topic, the comments that have followed thereafter and the devil a.k.a. Admin/Shaitan of this abyss called Wazua, by saying in the words of a wise and distinguished Wazua member, one devil a.k.a. Shaitan a.k.a. 'user' a.k.a. Wendz, a big ......aaaargggh thu, aaaargggh thu and aaaargggh thu.

This toi suffers from juvenile delinquency .

I pity his mum.

Jus Blazin wrote:
@johnnjuguna, for those words highlighted in red, please angalia the mirror.

Mr.President, thank you.

2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
Mo
#32 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 5:24:25 PM

I think we have the Kenyan people to thank for; we have been patriotic enough to sustain pressure on GoK to change the face of this country. But before i sign off am reminded of the old swahili saying 'Mugalla muue na haki umpe' Let's give credit where due. Kibz curved under immense pressure to at a minimum open up the democratic space, fix our roads, introduce FPE and light up the village centres. He of course had his weakness on the political unity front and on the food security situation but overall I have no regrets voting for him. I'd say he has left us a good launching pad for V2030. The onus is on the next leader to take it from here.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
simonkabz
#33 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 7:34:31 PM

Politically-E for Effort.
Listening to the pple-A for accepting to be beaten to_submission
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
safariant
#34 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 8:12:43 PM

Mutula Kilonzo and Joe Khamisi said Kenyans dont know what a good president they have.
Once the next president comes in then they will know.
2014 aint far away.
The greatest act of bravery is chancing a fart while suffering from diarrhoea
raszag
#35 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 10:08:28 PM

Congrats and hands up for Bwana Emilio. You've really raised the bar of expectation for kenyans' to their president. There is time for everything and I believe rais Emilio ascendancy to the Presidency was not only timely but also God's sent. Hogera mzee, like all mortals you have your weaknesses but during your tenure we've seen the need to focus more on our strengths as we work on our limitations.
Hardwork, Smartness & Humility = Successful and Happy life...Jipange sasa hivi
Phaoro
#36 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 10:56:53 PM

IDP wrote:
During your campaigns in 2002. You told us to evaluate you on the following areas
1. education
2. Infrastructure
3. New Constitution
4. Opening up of democratic space.
5. To tame run away corruption.
6. Economic growth

In all the above areas, you have performed well sometimes under difficult circumstances. If you read wazua, know that we are very grateful. During those university days you inspired many to study Economics and to play golf. You are still a role model and a hero to many. After retirement you can have one on me at Kirinyaga Tavern.
! Once again Thank you SirApplause Applause

Can Raila run on the same record citing he was part of the coalition govt and shared powers with Kibaki?
bepari
#37 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 6:41:13 AM

Jus Blazin wrote:
mukiha wrote:

I second you on that. Been looking all over the net for images of the completed sections and the Marsabit-Turbi section.

sometime back watching news saw some road construction going on,could be either of this two roads,what got me interested is they were laying fibre optic aswell,i thought thats what vision is all about.
good job baks,now who can keep the momentum going?
if you aint livin on the edge,you are taking too much space....
mukiha
#38 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 7:31:36 AM

Mo wrote:
I think we have the Kenyan people to thank for; we have been patriotic enough to sustain pressure on GoK to change the face of this country. But before i sign off am reminded of the old swahili saying 'Mugalla muue na haki umpe' Let's give credit where due. Kibz curved under immense pressure to at a minimum open up the democratic space, fix our roads, introduce FPE and light up the village centres. He of course had his weakness on the political unity front and on the food security situation but overall I have no regrets voting for him. I'd say he has left us a good launching pad for V2030. The onus is on the next leader to take it from here.

Honestly, I think you are trying hard to steal the credit from Kibaki and give it to Kenyans generally. Aren't these the same Kenyans who applied pressure on Moi for 20-odd years and he never caved in?

Is it then enough to conclude that it was public pressure that has forced Kibaki's government to do all these things that we are enumerating here? I don't think so.

All the credit goes to him.
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Lolest!
#39 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 10:18:42 AM

Phaoro, yes. Raila will have served with Kibaki for 8 years by the time Kibaki retires. 5 of those years as co-president. So yes he can claim credit
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
safariant
#40 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 10:43:28 AM

Pharao, Kibaki has achieve despite Raila being there.
Imagine how much he would have achieved without political sabotage in Narc.
And he had to start over again after the 2008 post election where we decided to tear down our country than reason responsibly.
Imagine if he was given his 10 years to serve his term without a shadow try to trail him and opposing everything he tried to do.
The greatest act of bravery is chancing a fart while suffering from diarrhoea